• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] FJs and holding grudges

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
With my ex, although it was the worst situation I have ever been in. It was so long ago that I don't hold any feelings. Things just happened to turn out the way they did and it would take too much energy to hold on to those negative feelings, just draining myself in the end.

That's where i got to in the end. No one is worthy of that much emotion and it is so draining. Although i am aware of the potential damage the bloke can do to me. I can make the choice where to go from here whilst keeping him at one hell of a distance.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
No, I don't really hold grudges. I tend to just blow up when pushed too far. Afterwards I forget about it all. I'm not saying that's the best way to handle things, but it's unproductive to always be thinking about sabotaging others.

Also I don't think it has anything to do with type...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm inclined to think that Si and Fe in particular together can make for some pretty hefty grudges but considering how many NPs I see around here who are clearly holding onto grudges against SJs, I'm certain it's not just an FJ thing.

Also Forgiveness (like Jesus!) is the key to dissipating grudges.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I know an ISFJ who constantly holds grudges. I think it's silly, life's too short to hold grudges. I believe in revenge, but not holding grudges. However, an INFJ I know is not really as much of a grudge-holder. Maybe it's more xSFJ than xNFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know an ISFJ who constantly holds grudges. I think it's silly, life's too short to hold grudges.

Me too. This person went without speaking to his own mother for three years, and he's not big on accepting apologies, even if they're well-explained and sincere.

Weirdo.:doh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me too. This person went without speaking to his own mother for three years, and he's not big on accepting apologies, even if they're well-explained and sincere.

Weirdo.:doh:

^That's pretty intense. I couldn't hold a grudge against anyone who sincerely apologizes. Grudges take too much emotional energy too. It's just so much easier and more fullfilling to love, than hate.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm not saying that's the best way to handle things, but it's unproductive to always be thinking about sabotaging others.

Oh gosh, i would never sabotage anyone, i only wish i could be that ruthless (actually Nahhhh). I just won't talk to you and you'll never get back in.
If someone can be that ruthless and hurtful in the first place, your not worthy of being my friend. :)