User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

About INTJ enemies - I think they're only bad enemies if they want to do something nasty - and if their tertiary Fi will let them. Frankly, I have no respect for revenge, and would not participate in it.

As for why villains are so often INTJs...I always figured it was because

1) Introvertes are weird, antisocial, uncooperative and therefore evil
    2) Intuitives are strange, want to change structures that work just fine, and think on the 'global' scale
    3) Thinkers are objective and do not understand the power of empathy, love or compassion
    4) Judgers are manipulative and will bend the world to their will, perhaps by implementing complex long-term plans

Now, of course, that's all tongue in cheek - it hardly needs saying, but I don't think INTJs are really like that and I don't think the majority of non-INTJs think that INTJs are really like that. But, you can see how you could take some INTJ attributes and just warp them a little bit to get a fairly typical villain.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

That has a lot to do with society's view of introverted people as well. Even within my own "circle" of people that I know, a lot of them think I need to be more social. Even though I've attempted to explain to them why I am not, they still insist on "breaking me out of my shell".

....When will it occur to them that I like my "shell"? *rolls eyes*

You seldom hear negativity about extroverts in the world, anyway. If you're one of those, especially if you're the happy-go-lucky type, people think you're just awesome. The insanity needs to stop.

.....I say we write our own script, and create an ESFP villain!

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    LoLz

You have a circle of people? I'm jealous. :P People just get intimidated when you're able to keep to yourself without needing other people to function. I'm just very introverted. Right now, I'm trying to force myself to verbalize my thought process. It feels so stupid, but apparently people need to hear what you're doing as you're doing it.

A lot of people are just easily impress-able. It's kind of boring, actually. Then, most of the people that are not easily impress-able aren't very practical. It's funny.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    That has a lot to do with society's view of introverted people as well. Even within my own "circle" of people that I know, a lot of them think I need to be more social. Even though I've attempted to explain to them why I am not, they still insist on "breaking me out of my shell".

....When will it occur to them that I like my "shell"? *rolls eyes*

You seldom hear negativity about extroverts in the world, anyway. If you're one of those, especially if you're the happy-go-lucky type, people think you're just awesome. The insanity needs to stop.
    YES YES YES. Just Friday night, I was telling one of my friends how I wanted to just stay in and have some alone time (instead of going out and socializing with a bunch of friends, like I've been doing previous Friday nights). And my friend STILL told me that I needed to be more social and kept telling me to go out. I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that some people like alone time. It's nice and relaxing.

And I get the whole "breaking me out of my shell" thing a lot from extroverted friends. And I continue to tell them that I actually like my "shell" and I'm fine being in it

I completely agree with the natural positive opinion towards extroverts and negative opinion towards introverts (mostly by those who don't even know about the MBTI). Villains are almost always introverts. Or, in movies, introverts are always miserable by themselves until an extremely bubbly extroverted person brings them out of their shell and makes them more extroverted, then the introvert changes himself/herself and is very happy about it.

And no one ever hears an introverted person telling an extroverted person that he/she needs to "break into his/her shell"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Now there's an interesting thought.... "Hey, you! Yeah, the overly-talkative one. You really need to go find your shell and hang out in there for a bit."

....that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl.

Oh, and Raz....that circle was in quotes, and I probably should have expounded on that. What I mean by "circle of people that I know" is the group of people I generally get thrust together with in most of my "required" activities. (I can't avoid being around people at college and work....that's next to impossible.)

So, back to the villain comment, do you think it's possible that it's another case of "people fearing what they do not know"? Perhaps people hold themselves in high regard, and in order for something to be evil, it must be opposite (or at minimum drastically different). If this is indeed the case, this would show that the vast majority of the population is extroverted.

But I've heard otherwise.....I've heard it's pretty split --- about 50/50. But I've also heard it's mostly extroverted. I've also heard it depends on which culture you're looking at. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm a bit confused. ; )

Let's just say the population is 50/50, Introverted and Extroverted. Going by my bogus theory, half of all movie directors would be introverted and they would most likely make an extroverted villain. (Opposite applies). This would mean 50% of all movies with a villain would have an extroverted villain.

Obviously this is not the case. But then again, aren't most movies made in extroverted dominant societies? (Most notably the US and Europe)? I can't speak for Europe as much seeing how I've never been there, but I've been told a lot of other countries watch American-made movies.

America is dominantly extroverted, without a doubt. So, then, wouldn't most of our movies show that? (After all, movies are a big part of the entertainment culture around here.)

Any thoughts on that? I know I went out on a limb there, but it's for the sake of discussion.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Ah, should have put this in the last post, but.....here goes.

Can anyone think of few movies with extroverted villainous characters in them? Now that I think about it, I'm curious. I don't watch much TV, but I've seen a good bit in my lifetime.....and I can't seem to recall an extroverted villain. (Although I think I can recall a few introverted heroes.)

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    Can anyone think of few movies with extroverted villainous characters in them?
    Innnnglourious Basterds! The villain in that is quite definitely ENTX.

*flips through movie collection*

The majority of villains definitely seem to be introverts.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Again, debatable.
    No, that's pretty certain. "Intellectual" tends to imply a more abstract type of intelligence like INTJ's have.

ISTJs can be extremely intelligent without being "intellectual."

Different kinds of "smart" are necessary to make the world go round. Don't fight about it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

INTELLECTUAL

–adjective
    1. appealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.
    2. of or pertaining to the intellect or its use: intellectual powers.
    3. possessing or showing intellect or mental capacity, esp. to a high degree: an intellectual person.
    4. guided or developed by or relying on the intellect rather than upon emotions or feelings; rational.
    5. characterized by or suggesting a predominance of intellect: an intellectual way of speaking.
    –noun
    6. a person of superior intellect.
    7. a person who places a high value on or pursues things of interest to the intellect or the more complex forms and fields of knowledge, as aesthetic or philosophical matters, esp. on an abstract and general level.
    8. an extremely rational person; a person who relies on intellect rather than on emotions or feelings.
    9. a person professionally engaged in mental labor, as a writer or teacher.
    10. intellectuals, Archaic.
    a. the mental faculties.
    b. things pertaining to the intellect.

INTELLECT

–noun
    1. the power or faculty of the mind by which one knows or understands, as distinguished from that by which one feels and that by which one wills; the understanding; the faculty of thinking and acquiring knowledge.
    2. capacity for thinking and acquiring knowledge, esp. of a high or complex order; mental capacity.
    3. a particular mind or intelligence, esp. of a high order.
    4. a person possessing a great capacity for thought and knowledge.
    5. minds collectively, as of a number of persons or the persons themselves.

Minus the "on an abstract or general level" bit, this could apply to anyone who seeks knowledge.....myself included. I would not yet give myself the label of "intellectual", but I would consider labeling myself as being "in the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom, to the point of addiction".

So there you have it. I don't think that term is just for more abstract types of intelligence. (Slightly unrelated, but I got Intellectual as my 2nd "strength" in "Tom Rath's StrengthsFinder 2.0" book.)

I also read somewhere that ISTJs become "smarter," or "more valuable" with age, because the Si "hard drive of information" gets continually larger and more detailed with time. Cool, huh?

MBTI
    ISTJ

I found out my Uncle is an INTJ today. We get along really well and have similar sense of humor. I knew we were close MBTI types (I had previously thought he was ISTJ or ESTJ) I thought it was cool though.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]