User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting on the bad side of an INTJ, they would probably wander off muttering to themselves how stupid people can be.

On the other hand an ISTJ, would probably be in your face about it and won't leave until the situation is resolved.

It can be a good thing on both sides, one decides it's not worth it to argue, the other will accomplish something from it.
    Babe, i would seriously advise against it. Lol. Unless you enjoy being ripped to pieces as your views are different/wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Eh... I wouldn't be so sure. I'd rather be on the bad side of a fellow ISTJ than an INTJ. The INTJs seem more like heartless strategists than the ISTJ who can find more practical things to do than plan for revenge.
    + 1

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Personally I've never really understood the "to be a good leader you have to be a good follower" maxim. INTJs tend to be good leaders because they are goal-oriented, pragmatic, adaptable and very strategic. With everything they ask themselves "How does this serve the goal, and the critical path to that goal?" If it doesn't, they ditch it and try something else. They don't have a problem with confrontation, yet aren't especially egotistical (at least, not where the goal is concerned) and so are open to suggestion.

Factors in why they make such poor followers:
    1. high value on autonomy
    2. intolerant of fuzzy thinking, especially when it hinders the goal
    3. often offend leaders when objecting to #2 through lack of diplomacy
    4. natural leadership qualities when coupled with the underrated charisma of this type can lead to them accumulating a following of people disgruntled with the current leadership (or creating one), especially if they are in a position which denies them a realistic ability to change policy
    5. unforgiving of leadership mistakes
    6. generally unhappy doing as they're told if it seems to them to hinder the goal. The reasons for doing something may be ultimately sound and may involve more factors than the INTJ is aware of, but until the INTJ discovers this for themselves they will be unhappy with perceived inefficiency. Some leaders may be fine with explaining how things fit in to the bigger picture, but most probably won't.

There are more, but this post is too long already.

I haven't really addressed ISTJs here, but in general I'd say they are more focused on doing things the right way than doing the right things. More concerned with process than with the goal, though that's an oversimplification.

Unless of course doing the right things is the right way to do and act.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    NICE

An old pal of mine, a former soldier and ISTJ, seemed to typify the cross-wires in communication between the two. I noticed he rarely challenged convention and rather resented suggetions on how things could be improved. Radical ideas that I floated such as legalising hard drugs, he used to respond with horror, which amused me enough to try even more radical (and shocking) suggestions. For the lulz.

To be fair, he usually spotted the wind-up, albeit late on in the gag. On a few occasion he tried the same ploy back, using an equally controversial hook that he knew I wouldn't "approve of", such as "The Saudis are right to hang drug smugglers..." Just for fun I used to agree, which pissed him off even more.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Unless of course doing the right things is the right way to do and act.
    Definitely. But the INTJ is more likely to discover whether that's the case than the ISTJ.

Pay attention to what they boast about.

My boyfriend's father (INTJ) can chatter like a magpie on the right topic. Ask him anything involving martial arts, nutrition & fitness, or Eastern medicine/philosophy and he'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know.

His ISTJ brother on the other hand can discuss alcohol, his beloved Chevy, or his government job with equal zest and confidence.

Add: It should be noted that while his brother LOVES his government badge and the perks it entails, his father wavers between disgust and indifference towards it.
    Last edited by iwakar; 07-02-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Add.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ISTJs have better sense of humor.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

When looking for any NJ type, I test to see if I feel something "strange" about them. NJs have the strangest mental-structures.

Different than Ps.

In the way that SJs have a defined idea of what life should be like, NJs also have a solidly-built idea, but on bizarre info.

Even when they might appear outwardly normal and SJish, getting to know them shows a quite different mental-process, that almost "feels" different. (Letting you know my hocus-pocus NJ verification skills.)

On the off-chance that an ISTJ is "weird," he or she will still have a somewhat reasonable thought-structure, even if unconventional. Hard to explain.

But yes, INTJs and ISTJs can look very similar on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    While ISTJ will simply be boring to an INTJ instead of annoying.
    Boring and/or annoying. Strictly following rules + concentrating on seemingly unimportant details = annoying for some intuitives. Not for me though, I always play as the lawful knight in D&D

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    ISTJs have better sense of humor.
    If I simply say "no", does that make me humorless?

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting on the bad side of an INTJ, they would probably wander off muttering to themselves how stupid people can be.

On the other hand an ISTJ, would probably be in your face about it and won't leave until the situation is resolved.

It can be a good thing on both sides, one decides it's not worth it to argue, the other will accomplish something from it.
    An INTJ is quite possibly the worst enemy to make. You are correct, we will walk away, although not muttering about how stupid someone is.

We will come at you sideways, we will find ingenious and insiduous ways to destroy you. We are creators of systems, we excel at understanding how something works, we are equally good at deconstruction.

While you believe the problem has passed, the INTJ has already set in motion your destruction.

Want to know why the major villians in almost every movie are INTJs? Think about that one for a few.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Want to know why the major villians in almost every movie are INTJs? Think about that one for a few.
    Because movies need super-smart villians whose plans go hilariously awry at the end.