User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    This is one the harder ones to know right off. Some of my favorite ISTJs have a really strong tertairy Ne, so the feel much more open and more abstract than you would expect.

I sometimes have to know them for a bit to tell.

How can you tell them apart young-my todd is an IXTJ and I would love to know how S and N would differ here.

What do little INTJs do for fun?
    Weird shit. Engaging the imagination. Reading. Muttering to themselves.

The difference in vibe is noticeable to me - I would say that ISTJs are better at and consider facts to be more important. They are also more able to relate to people. Ask them how they feel about family and what their goals are, chances are INTJs want a good job (interesting, challenging, prestigious) and ISTJs consider it natural that certain limitations will be put into place such as staying somewhat close to family, job security...They can have a rad sense of humour (due to Ne?), but there's no Ni in there, they have little patience with the unconscious and sometimes fuzzy intuitive notions that drive the INTJ...they are not surrealistically absurd. They are more empirical than the INTJ and get more stuff done than the INTJ whose Ni/Fi can sweep them off track. Si-Te seems like a more natural combo than Ni-Te.

My ISTJ friend finds a lot of things that I don't consider established at all to be very self-evident.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    It's infinitely debatable. However, there was a study some time ago that showed that the average INTJ IQ is higher than the average ISTJ IQ. Is this to say they're smarter? Is this to say that any given INTJ is going to be "smarter" than any given ISTJ? On both counts, the answer is no. But, instead of going into a long-winded post, I put the idea in politically incorrect layman's terms.
    Better.
    However, seeing as typically IQ tests favor people with N over S it's technically biased results anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Make it more purdy and say

"INTJs will probably excel at traditionally 'intellectual' pursuits like computers or math whereas ISTJs..."

Forget it, I missed the boat.
    Still not quite it. Planning might be a good one. Things like strategy and such are considered normal for NT's to be better at. Another difference is a preference for the theoretical over say, the physical.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Many INTJs I know act more like INFJs than like ISTJs. I read somewhere that many INTJs can get to be amazingly good at reading people, like INFJs, only it's more of an analytical process for them. Whereas, ISTJs aren't quite as good at that.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    LoLz

If you're trying to do something, both an ISTJ and INTJ will critique you, but they'll do it in different ways.

The INTJ will look at what you're doing and will tell you ways that you can do what you're doing more efficiently or talk about different things what you're doing might be capable of.

The ISTJ will look at what you're doing and instead of seeing the possibility in what you're doing, they will look at the work you're doing and compare it to the way that it should be done. They'll make note of errors you made and tell you which rules you didn't follow for doing the task.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    If you're trying to do something, both an ISTJ and INTJ will critique you, but they'll do it in different ways.

The INTJ will look at what you're doing and will tell you ways that you can do what you're doing more efficiently or talk about different things what you're doing might be capable of.

The ISTJ will look at what you're doing and instead of seeing the possibility in what you're doing, they will look at the work you're doing and compare it to the way that it should be done. They'll make note of errors you made and tell you which rules you didn't follow for doing the task.
    I tell a mature woman who consistently cannot find her car keys that this behavior is silly and she should establish a place that she puts the keys when not using them as to never lose them. Couldn't this kind of fit both categories?
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I wouldn't mind getting on the bad side of an INTJ, they would probably wander off muttering to themselves how stupid people can be.

On the other hand an ISTJ, would probably be in your face about it and won't leave until the situation is resolved.

It can be a good thing on both sides, one decides it's not worth it to argue, the other will accomplish something from it.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting on the bad side of an INTJ, they would probably wander off muttering to themselves how stupid people can be.

On the other hand an ISTJ, would probably be in your face about it and won't leave until the situation is resolved.

It can be a good thing on both sides, one decides it's not worth it to argue, the other will accomplish something from it.
    Eh... I wouldn't be so sure. I'd rather be on the bad side of a fellow ISTJ than an INTJ. The INTJs seem more like heartless strategists than the ISTJ who can find more practical things to do than plan for revenge.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When you see an ISTJ with a calculator they're doing accounting.
    When you see an INTJ with a calculator they're doing advanced calculus.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The underlying vision is different and makes a big difference in presentation.

ISTJ's running off Si are using that as a point of reference. If they are in their original environment (the one that originated the Si "hard drive image" so to speak), then they generally will not make waves and only start to cause friction when the culture changes around them, since they want to put it back to "what it should be" or "what makes sense" based on what it used to be.

INTJ's running from Ni are keying off their internal Ni vision, which might or might not match the external world, and they generally have no fear about challenging or changing things in order to align with what makes sense based on their VISION. You'll see them far more apt to stir things up; ISTJs tend to maintain the original system and challenge changes.

ISTJs also tend to follow the established social etiquette for that context, where INTJs are again letting Ni + Te guide (so they'll do what they need to do, with the vision and its implementation driving their behavior towards others).

Both will use Te well to implement what they see -- but you're going to see ISTJ using Te in typical, established, tried-and-true ways (they tend to distrust unproven or speculative procedures)... whereas INTJ is far more apt to use Te to implement speculative ideas that "should" work even if they haven't been tested yet.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    IN regards to leadership ability, leaders a grown more so than natural. INTJs might better leaders, but to be a good leader you have to be a good follower. Maybe they are seen as better leaders or more natural leaders in general because they refuse to follow, or have more trouble doing so seeing as ISTJs generally don't have trouble submitting to authority. I say generally because I have authority issues.. I want to be incharge.
    I sort of disagree about leadership being grown in, I think in some people, it is definitely more natural to lead. I said in general, I don't mean that INTJs are always better leaders than ISTJs. There are definitely exceptions.