• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs, can you be the life of the party?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I notice that if there are fewer people and I know the people I am around well, then I can be the life of the party (doesn't necessarily have to be an actual 'party'). Otherwise if there are many people and if I don't know them well, I'll be an utter recluse. I don't know if this is a trait of Introverts or ISTJs. Other types can feel free to answer too.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Only if they drink enough to get rid of all semblance of being ISTJs.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
"And then I told him, 'No, your cell is a #VALUE!' Am I right ladies?"

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
^ BAHAHAHAhahaha!

Er, anyway, yes, it happens on occasion.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well yes, if you count four people drinking a party...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I can get stupid if I'm comfortable with the group and/or drunk... No big deal.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sup,

New here.

Yes I can be, most of the time blame it on the Ac ac ac ac

GHC

MBTI Type
INFP
I believe my dad is an ISTJ and he can be the life of a party if he wants to be.

He is quite good with his clever jokes, dancing, serious discussion that draws people attention and he feels at ease in crowd, so yeah I do believe ISTJ can be the life of the party whenever they feel like it.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I got drunk once and all it did was make me say whatever was on my mind unfiltered. It ddin't make me a party animal or anything.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I notice that if there are fewer people and I know the people I am around well, then I can be the life of the party (doesn't necessarily have to be an actual 'party'). Otherwise if there are many people and if I don't know them well, I'll be an utter recluse. I don't know if this is a trait of Introverts or ISTJs. Other types can feel free to answer too.
I'm quite introverted (can happily go a few days without spending time with anyone at all) and I wouldn't say I ever behave like the life of a party, unless often being a bit silly and talking far too much counts, and I'm not like that within parties themselves. There's nothing about parties that particularly appeals to me, unless it's the kind of party in which you can easily hear people talk and hold a decent conversation without being bothered by people wanting you to dance, which I can't do and hate trying to do. Unless I'm a bit drunk I'm just bored by most parties and self-conscious about how bored and boring I must seem. Alcohol brings my Se to the fore and then I start to enjoy them. However in contexts in which I don't feel out of place, like quieter neighbourhood barbecues, I don't think I share your tendency to be a recluse when there are lots of people I don't know well, as long as there are a few that I do. I like meeting new people.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think I've ever been the "life of the party" :unsure: Maybe "at ease & talkative" but definitely not "life of the party"/dancing/wild or anything like that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm quite introverted (can happily go a few days without spending time with anyone at all) and I wouldn't say I ever behave like the life of a party, unless often being a bit silly and talking far too much counts, and I'm not like that within parties themselves. There's nothing about parties that particularly appeals to me, unless it's the kind of party in which you can easily hear people talk and hold a decent conversation without being bothered by people wanting you to dance, which I can't do and hate trying to do. Unless I'm a bit drunk I'm just bored by most parties and self-conscious about how bored and boring I must seem. Alcohol brings my Se to the fore and then I start to enjoy them. However in contexts in which I don't feel out of place, like quieter neighbourhood barbecues, I don't think I share your tendency to be a recluse when there are lots of people I don't know well, as long as there are a few that I do. I like meeting new people.

By 'life of the party', I didn't mean only parties, I just meant in general, at social events, to be an 'entertainer'. I don't need alcohol to be a constant comic at these social events (if of course, I know the people well), but alcohol does help me become even more hilarious.