User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default SJ's & Dating Standards?

All right, let's hear it SJ's! What are your specific standards for a potential husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend? These can be mental,physical,educational, etc... What about age? Working salary?

I guess this is kind of like building your perfect mate. What characteristics would you prefer? Do you think you will ever meet anyone with these exact qualities?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

I try to not place standards. Rather, I let relationships develop as they will and address potential problems as they come up.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lmao. Firstly, my standards are so incredibly high, i can only be disappointed. I am working on that one.
    My ideal bloke is not out there. If he is however, he would be knowledgable, witty, good sense of humour, able to have a good time on occasion. Not a hopeless romantic, but knows how to make me feel *sigh*.
    He doesn't need to have a great job, but he does have to pay his share of the bills. He must have a drive to better himself and not be morally corrupt.
    Looks are not important but all arms and legs are a bonus. Lol. Ideally stocky but not fat. Nice hands, body hair does not bother me, infact there is nothing better than lying in bed with my head on his chest playing with his chest hair. Good hygiene.

Think that is about it. I don't ask for alot.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sense of humor, sweet and compassionate, stable and dependable, imaginative and expressive, cute, compatible.

Where are you woman?!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I try to not place standards. Rather, I let relationships develop as they will and address potential problems as they come up.
    How noble of you, Matthew. (I realize this is probably the "normal/right" thing to do.) But it is difficult, for me at least.

Yeah, my standards are quite high. I know it probably isn't fair, sometimes I wish they weren't so high. Because between them and the fact that I am much too quiet/shy, I will probably never get what I want. In fact, that is almost a concern at this point, I don't want to be stuck with some bitch girl who feels the need to control everything that moves- or even worse, find a girl who doesn't "feel" at all!

But! As I have been on this site for a surprisingly long time now, there have definitely been more than a few girls on here (or ARE on here) that I have met whom I wouldn't mind taking on a date at least once, I mean, that actually fit all (or close to all) of the standards I have set.

I'll post my standards soon...
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ

I usually give people a chance. For instance, I hate smoking. My current bf is a smoker and is in the process of quitting again. I gave him a chance, despite this and some other crappy things he did in the past. All that mattered was how he treated me and how he treats other people. He has treated me better than any of the other guys I've been with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    How noble of you, Matthew. (I realize this is probably the "normal/right" thing to do.) But it is difficult, for me at least.

Yeah, my standards are quite high. I know it probably isn't fair, sometimes I wish they weren't so high. Because between them and the fact that I am much too quiet/shy, I will probably never get what I want. In fact, that is almost a concern at this point, I don't want to be stuck with some bitch girl who feels the need to control everything that moves- or even worse, find a girl who doesn't "feel" at all!

But! As I have been on this site for a surprisingly long time now, there have definitely been more than a few girls on here (or ARE on here) that I have met whom I wouldn't mind taking on a date at least once, I mean, that actually fit all (or close to all) of the standards I have set.

I'll post my standards soon...
    You are quite right d@v3, Matthews views sounds ideal. I thinks its OK to have your standards, but if you bump into that someone and that voice is screaming in your head to make a move, you don't think about your standards then, you just go for it.
    From what i have just said, i think i will lower mine considerably.

MBTI
    ISXJ

I really don't have a list of standards that I hold people to...that just leads to disappointment. Generally, a guy has to be within my sphere of daily life for me to even notice him. Usually I just begin by observing him while I get to know him...if he passes the observation stage and I like what I see, things may move further along as time passes.

As for, "What do I like to see?," I guess what I look for is kindness, a sense of humor, confidence, decisiveness, and other qualities that match my own general outlook on life.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I really don't have a list of standards that I hold people to...that just leads to disappointment. Generally, a guy has to be within my sphere of daily life for me to even notice him. Usually I just begin by observing him while I get to know him...if he passes the observation stage and I like what I see, things may move further along as time passes.

As for, "What do I like to see?," I guess what I look for is kindness, a sense of humor, confidence, decisiveness, and other qualities that match my own general outlook on life.
    +10
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    LoLz

So many standards you read are such...external standards. Bleh, I guess it's necessary as an SJ, but I tend to look at my more intimate relationships with the introverted judgment rather than extraverted judgment.