User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTj

As dating goes my standards end at "Doesn't reek like a trash can in June" and "Isn't a mother fetishist."
    Wow, my (INTJ) roommate fails BOTH of those requirements.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."

MBTI
    INTJ

A pulse

MBTI
    LoLz

I can't think of many straight off the bat. To me, a wife/girlfriend would be a companion and supporter. Mental attraction is the highest priority to me. If we're on different mental wavelengths, then I lose attraction fast, and the only thing that's going to HOPE to keep that attraction is if they are insanely fucking hot, and that only lasts an hour. My last girlfriend, I stayed with her because I knew and trusted her, but I saw the world and interpreted things in a much different way than her and thought in a much different way that caused incompatibility. I felt like I had to dumb myself down around her.

Education and such isn't THAT important, but I do care if they have drive. As long as they give a shit about their life, I'm fine. It's more about falling in love with the person, and seeing fulfillment in having that person in my life rather than having them meet a set of standards. There is someone in my life that I wouldn't care if she was jobless or a felon, because she's my best friend and when I'm around her, the world just seems....better. The compatibility is indescribable almost.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I can't think of many straight off the bat. To me, a wife/girlfriend would be a companion and supporter. Mental attraction is the highest priority to me. If we're on different mental wavelengths, then I lose attraction fast, and the only thing that's going to HOPE to keep that attraction is if they are insanely fucking hot, and that only lasts an hour. My last girlfriend, I stayed with her because I knew and trusted her, but I saw the world and interpreted things in a much different way than her and thought in a much different way that caused incompatibility. I felt like I had to dumb myself down around her.

Education and such isn't THAT important, but I do care if they have drive. As long as they give a shit about their life, I'm fine. It's more about falling in love with the person, and seeing fulfillment in having that person in my life rather than having them meet a set of standards. There is someone in my life that I wouldn't care if she was jobless or a felon, because she's my best friend and when I'm around her, the world just seems....better. The compatibility is indescribable almost.
    +1

You wrote this for me as well....

From the mental stimulation, to the last GF experience, and the key points in the second paragraph.

It's less of a list per se, it's more qualities that I know I'm attracted to, that will get my attention. It's very possible the girl has those qualities and something still not be there, but those are the things that will get my attention. It's the starting point.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I've no idea... I'll probably know that person at first glance...

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

The most important physical feature I look for in a man is his height: he has to be as tall as I am with my highest-heel stilettos on -that would be 1.80 m tall. As for the hair and eye colour, I dont mind.

As for his inner-self, it has to be well-mannered, considerate, confident, as well as sharing my principles. Also, to have the capability of helping me to relax, and taking things less seriously. A cheerful, caring guy will be right for me.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I have the same standards for dating that I have for friendship, only with one additional requirement: I need to find them attractive. In other words, I'm not so incredibly picky. Like other people said earlier, I wait for things to play out, instead of setting a ton of standards in advance.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP

Reason I've never had a girlfriend: Standards too strict... lol.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    All right, let's hear it SJ's! What are your specific standards for a potential husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend? These can be mental,physical,educational, etc... What about age? Working salary?

I guess this is kind of like building your perfect mate. What characteristics would you prefer? Do you think you will ever meet anyone with these exact qualities?
    gigantic bewbs. that is all.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Damn I can't even joke about that, I hate huge boobs.

In all seriousness though, I'll just make a checklist.

Things I need:
    - consistency and trust
    - open mindedness
    - respect for my value systems/approaches to solving problems and the way I tackle life in general.
    - somewhat attractive
    - gotta love Jesus like I do.
    - similar communication style. It's uncomfortable when we talk around each other.
    - understanding and appreciation for the things about which I'm passionate.

Things I would prefer:
    - a musician/artist/writer (this goes along with being open minded)
    - verrrrry attractive (I prefer 'cute' to 'hot' almost always)
    - introvert (my ex was ESFJ and constantly berated me for how relaxed and laid back I was)
    - intelligent enough to keep up with my sense of humor. So not really that intelligent I guess :P