User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I shall answer this on behalf of my SJ relatives...

ESTJ: Very big social drinker. Goes out to bars frequently and mixes drinks at home occasionally. But I don't think he ever drinks alone. At one bar he has his own drink named after him. (I've had it, it's evil, it burns going down, and will make you soo... trashed.) Although he mostly drinks rum and coke. Eventually he wants to open his own tavern but so far hasn't been able to get a loan.

ESTJ: Not a big drinker. He strongly preferred bourbon. Was a believer in moderation but liked to watch his kids get drunk because he thought it was funny.

ISTJ: Angry, scary alcoholic who drank vodka like it was water. He often hid and lied about his drinking problem even though it was very apparent. Fortunately he's been sober for a year and says that quitting has drastically improved the quality of his life. He says that he doesn't see the point in drinking anymore and does seem a lot happier. Not surprisingly his dad was the ESTJ who liked to watch his kids get drunk.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Well, I'm not allowed to drink alcohol according to my religious perspective. But if I was allowed, maybe I'll try it, but I won't make myself drunk.

I don't see why you wouldn't

Never quite understood the argument "it does more harm than good"

What's the harm in having a few drinks with friends? Its positive effects shine through and the absolute worst thing that could happen is a hangover in the morning (though if you drink water and eat appropriately that will be less likely)

Also don't understand the argument "I like to be in control"

It took over 14 drinks for me to loose complete control aka 'shitfaced' or 'no memorys night'

So unless you plan to drink a bucket load this argument doesn't make sense either

Religious or moral reasons make way more sense to me

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Never quite understood the argument "it does more harm than good"

What's the harm in having a few drinks with friends? Its positive effects shine through and the absolute worst thing that could happen is a hangover in the morning (though if you drink water and eat appropriately that will be less likely)
    It's harmful to the liver and the brain. That's pretty much a given. (not that I don't drink for this reason, but I understand people who decide not to)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Only if you drink excessively it is, that was my point.

MBTI
    LoLz

I've drank one drink twice and then another time I went out with my brother and he got me wasted. I didn't like having to rely on another person to take care of me at that point. I have no use for alcohol. My ESFP brother, however, won't hesitate to drink a crapload.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I just read this thread title and cringed.

I've known a few SJs to use alcohol as a lame excuse to throw all their convictions and whathaveyou to the wind.. and just be hypocritical, emotional/physical messes of human beings. Everyone walks on eggshells when they crack open a beer/pop a cork on a bottle of wine. I mean, even the ESFPs get nervous.

I've also known a few others to be highly responsible, and stated that they really aren't into drinking.. and they stick to it.. have maybe one or 2 Mike's Hard Lemonades, and sort of babysit everyone else.

I imagine this carries over to all the types, actually. Either you like to drink, and know when to say when, and when it's no longer fun for you and/or company, or.. you're an unpleasant mess in denial of all the crap you hold back sober.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I've only ever had a little bit. I don't really see the point. It has no effect whatsoever on my social life. Besides that, I don't really want to spend the money on it.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, I have no problem getting my drink on, on occasion.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Also don't understand the argument "I like to be in control"

It took over 14 drinks for me to loose complete control aka 'shitfaced' or 'no memorys night'

So unless you plan to drink a bucket load this argument doesn't make sense either
    What I was thinking was these two cases:

1. You drink a lot, in which case you don't know what you're doing anymore.
    2. You only drink a little, in which case you wouldn't get to loosen up as you would in number 1. So what's left to enjoy about number 2? Just the taste of the drink, and the company of friends. You can have the taste and the friends without ethanol itself. Therefore, the ethanol is pointless in number 2.