• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and others

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
What do SJ's think of the other three temperaments?

SP?
NF?
NT?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
NF= ;):wubbie:;):D:D

NT=:peepwall::azdaja:

SP=:rolli::yim_rolling_on_the_

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
LOL Dave, that is so classic!

For me NTs = are more: :hug: Yay, another nerd :offtopic: Wait, who wants to bother talking about that? You are too deep for me now :zzz: zone out :thinking: you do have cool insights, though, :biggrin: and then we need a blabbermouth icon for when they stop talking about quantum physics and go into easier things and I can talk again. Of course, some NTs are better handled more like: :17425: :steam: :headphne:, but it's not necessary to hide. :hi:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
NTs = Spectacular mind mate. I usually find I can relate to them a lot, especially the INTJs. Maybe it's the T in me that really likes them.

NFs = I understand them, but my brainwaves simply aren't compatible with theirs. I could never follow my feelings to do something that my logic determines to be purely irrational. (IE: Purchase an item that I "want," but know I will never actually use)

SPs = Sometimes, their inability to be serious and make commitments will annoy me. I admire their zest of life, but I would appreciate it if they were a little more punctual. Growing up with an SP sister, I can recall many experiences that go something like "We agreed to 15 minutes, I started the clock at 11:32:12, and it's currently 11:48:09. Time's up."

EDIT: ISTJs are taking over the Guardhouse.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SPs:
Good= They're entertaining and fun. They have a wonderful appreciation of beauty that I doubt any of the other types have. I like having sensor bonding moments with them. My ISFP friend is one of the coolest people I know.
Bad= They're Ps, and I don't understand Ps very well. They aren't the best with serious topics. The ones I know have a tendency to wallow in self-pity at very minor things. I know some ESFP dramatic types that seem to be putting on an elaborate act everywhere they go, and I have trouble with people like that. I'm pretty gullible, and so when they'll get emotional about something and I comfort them and it turns out it was a big act, I feel like I just got taken advantage of.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't know many SPs. Please don't get offended - if I'm stereotyping, it's from being naive.)

NFs:
Good= Very sweet, considerate, etc. Genuinely care about others. Good friends. Most importantly, understanding of themselves and other people in a way that I never could be. For that, I admire them immensely.
Bad= Not the best with accuracy. Impossible to convince of anything. (If anyone here has ever won a debate with an NF, please tell me how?) Un-objective. Even when they aren't sensitive in particular, they SEEM so sensitive that I'm afraid to be blunt with them.

NTs:
Good= Objective. Logical. Thorough. "Let's see all the facts before we decide anything." Creative. Goofy. Generally fun to hang out with. I love how they get so excited when talking about things they care about, after being comparatively stoic the rest of the time. It's cute :)
Bad= They're always right. (Or, they think they are.) They seem so unemotional that I'm more blunt with them than with others, without realizing that they have feelings too. (Which is my fault, but I'm just sayin'. It makes for awkward moments.) They have the opposite problem of NFs; while NFs hide from conflict, NTs run towards it. "w00t! A challenge!" ...even when it isn't a challenge. It can get in the way of actually getting things done. Also, out of all the four groups, NTs are the ones that confuse me the most in regular conversation. We'll just be on completely different wavelengths in a conversation, and it'll take an NF observer to help us get back on track. Otherwise, in my experience, the NT gets exasperated first, and treats it like it's my fault.

SJs:
Good= I understand them (mostly - ISFJs can be a complete mystery), so we're more in sync with one another. Everything I like about myself (type-wise), I like in them. I admire ISTJs for their emotional restraint (which I could NEVER do to the extent that they can), and I admire ESFJs for their seemingly endless capacity for helping/caring for others. ESFJs (based on my experience) are so responsible that I'd gladly hand off responsibilities to them, without pause - especially if they involve people.
Bad= Tendency to be conservative and rigid. Those who aren't around iNtuitors very much can be especially so (which annoys me since I'm friends with so many Ns). Also, ESFJs don't really get my sense of humor. I get a lot of "Ehehe, was that a joke?" from them. And a lot of head-shaking from the ISTJs. :)

Last edited:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Well, it's like riding a tornado. You enjoy the free ride, but look at the mess they are wrecking. They are good to spent some time for fun, but I have to leave it there. There can be no deeper connection with them.

I'm intrigued by their apparent lack of logic, and how they seem to be personificating every possible object. A NF friend of my likes kiwis, but once got a funny idea to draw faces on them (making them Mr. and Mrs. Kiwi)... and later on complained that he didn't know which one to kill first. :cry:

Other NFs I know also like giving names and faces to things. And treat them as persons. That's hilarious. :D

- 87.23432634% of them have a tendency to be boring.
- 95.8842% of them have a tendency to be scientifically precise
- 25.9043% of them have been reported to have facial expressions beyond basic poker face.

In other word, they tend to be dull, precise and scientific. Can be productive working partners, but somewhat uninteresting as persons.

Some of them are doormats that say "I'm sorry!" when stepped on. Some of them are block headed oldies, that seem only be interested in keeping everything as they are. But most annoying feature in them is that they seem to be serving the law. To the letter.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
SP: I admire their candidness and their ability to live in the moment. Of the ones that I know, they are fun people and are masters of charisma...well-liked by all (even when you want to be mad with them it's difficult). Things seem effortless to them -- if they screw up they usually have the social graces to cover a multitude of mistake (drives my ISTJ-self crazy to see how easily they can manipulate people if they want).

NF: I've noticed NFs are really hit or miss for me...for this type, if I have things in common with them, things can go brilliantly. However, if we have nothing in common I don't even know how to begin to communicate. I have some XNFJ colleagues, and I find I am drawn to these 2 types the most. I like that between us we are both organized and share a common goal. I approach things logically, and they remind me to factor in the human element...I find them to be very refreshing to work with. A healthy NF is a great thing, unhealthy ones bring too much drama.

NT: I appreciate their logic and analysis. The introverted varieties can be tough people to get to know, but it is well-worth it if it happens. I find I like INTJs the most out of this lot (but I am biased). I usually get along fine with NT women, but for some reason, I have a harder time getting along with the ENT types...I think it's because they have the ability to just steamroller over people, and often are very vocal and pushy about their opinions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm intrigued by their apparent lack of logic, and how they seem to be personificating every possible object. A NF friend of my likes kiwis, but once got a funny idea to draw faces on them (making them Mr. and Mrs. Kiwi)... and later on complained that he didn't know which one to kill first. :cry:

Other NFs I know also like giving names and faces to things. And treat them as persons. That's hilarious. :D.

:rofl1:

Oh your reaction to this is hilarious. That's awesome. I can just imagine you trying to wrap your head around this.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Other NFs I know also like giving names and faces to things. And treat them as persons. That's hilarious. :D

That's so weird. :huh: But I can imagine some NFs doing that.

I guess of us are crazier than others.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
NFs:
Love their intuitive style and feeling...ness. They are complex people more often than not, and very deep too, often too deep for me. Mysterious individuals as well, I like that.

NTs:
Knowledge-seeking intellectuals, I appreciate their intellectualism. Out of all the NT's, I like the ENTP most, seems like they're the ones I get along with best. IIRC, the ENTJ is the highest-paid type of all. Gotta respect the Introverted NTs too (INTJ, INTP).

SPs:
Love their fun-loving style, people I understand well and their approach to life is a good one. I have known a few ESTPs in my day, they're cool people. The SP forum, along with the SJ forum, is fairly deserted.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
NFs are hit or miss with me also. We both have things to provide to each other. It's more about having the courage to make an attempt to close the gap.

NTs, I love them. I feel they exist in my life to tell me bluntly what I'm doing wrong or what could be better.

SPs. They're the go to person if you want some pure no holds barred fun. Can't place too much structure on them or else they'll whine. Have to keep control of that.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram

SP?
NF?
NT?

That's such a broad question. I'll just make it short.

SP: Awesome to chill with.

NF: Can talk a lot about life, feelings, etc.

NT: Can talk about intellectual things if the time is right.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
NFs: (If anyone here has ever won a debate with an NF, please tell me how?)
*Raises hand* (I have done this many times, but I can't recall any specifics and it was VERY difficult!)

SJs:
I get a lot of "Ehehe, was that a joke?" from them. And a lot of head-shaking from the ISTJs. :)

LOL! I have done this so many times, the infamous head-shake. :D:D: I do it to the NF's too when they say some half-retarded thing, of course, I'm smilling simultaneously. :rofl1:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I don't know how you out debated an NF. SJ's are far removed from NT's, making your types unfortunately, not so skilled at comming up with effective quips in a fluid environment.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't know how you out debated an NF. SJ's are far removed from NT's, making your types unfortunately, not so skilled at comming up with effective quips in a fluid environment.

You may say that, but I'm extremely witty with jokes, puns, and remarks. More so than NTs and NFs that I know.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always got the feeling, when trying to debate NFs, that whether I technically "won" or not, I wouldn't get anywhere, because their beliefs are so deeply held that no other person can help. Ultimately, from my experience, they have the final word, no matter what, with regard to that.

There have been many times when I have technically won debates with my mom (INFJ), but I haven't counted them as "won" because she didn't change her mind; she just kinda/sorta made it seem like she kinda/sorta might think about it. :rolli:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
"Technically" doesn't count though! If it did, I would have many more arguments won in my favor. :)

From my experiences, I don't know which is worse, debating with an ENFP or an ISTJ. Neither want to give up! I'm thinking it's the ENFP, but I definitely have won debates with them more than once (thought I have lost many more), and it required a massive arsenal of physical evidence- and more importantly, some persuasive wording. ;)

The other ISTJ's are more likely to come to a compromise with you, but the ENFP's... forget it! It's their way or the highway. :yes:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I always got the feeling, when trying to debate NFs, that whether I technically "won" or not, I wouldn't get anywhere, because their beliefs are so deeply held that no other person can help. Ultimately, from my experience, they have the final word, no matter what, with regard to that.

There have been many times when I have technically won debates with my mom (INFJ), but I haven't counted them as "won" because she didn't change her mind; she just kinda/sorta made it seem like she kinda/sorta might think about it.

That's really funny! You're right - telling us that things are a certain way will not make us believe it. Most things took quite a process to come to, so unless you are willing to go through the same process (which won't happen in a five minute conversation), it's likely that we'll nod and listen, but not be convinced. In fact, the more forceful people are, the less likely we are to listen. However, it's not that we aren't unconvinceable. We just need lots of discussion to process things and you tend to state facts after you have decided how things must be, because that reflects the thought process that you favour. Usually the problem is centred around whether the rules set down make practical sense (it's not enough that they are rules) or about whether or not something seems fair. We don't think it's fair to be told something without adequate back and forth discussion and input. If our point of view is not dismissed without thinking about it and understanding it and we are considered in the process, usually you can win us over fairly painlessly because we do prefer to agree.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

SP?
NF?
NT?

SP's .. So much fun, don't take life to seriously. Can always cheer me up with some silly, quirky video from youtube. :)

NF's .. Love private conversations with them. To feel and articulate what they want to say, well i am jealous.

NT's .. I get on fine with them as long as the conversation doesn't become serious and there is no competition involved.