User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: SJ's and others

MBTI
    LoLz

NFs are hit or miss with me also. We both have things to provide to each other. It's more about having the courage to make an attempt to close the gap.

NTs, I love them. I feel they exist in my life to tell me bluntly what I'm doing wrong or what could be better.

SPs. They're the go to person if you want some pure no holds barred fun. Can't place too much structure on them or else they'll whine. Have to keep control of that.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    What do SJ's think of the other three temperaments?

SP?
    NF?
    NT?
    That's such a broad question. I'll just make it short.

SP: Awesome to chill with.

NF: Can talk a lot about life, feelings, etc.

NT: Can talk about intellectual things if the time is right.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Interesting, keep it up.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    NFs: (If anyone here has ever won a debate with an NF, please tell me how?)
    *Raises hand* (I have done this many times, but I can't recall any specifics and it was VERY difficult!)

SJs:
    I get a lot of "Ehehe, was that a joke?" from them. And a lot of head-shaking from the ISTJs.
    LOL! I have done this so many times, the infamous head-shake. : I do it to the NF's too when they say some half-retarded thing, of course, I'm smilling simultaneously.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I don't know how you out debated an NF. SJ's are far removed from NT's, making your types unfortunately, not so skilled at comming up with effective quips in a fluid environment.

MBTI
    I

I don't know how you out debated an NF. SJ's are far removed from NT's, making your types unfortunately, not so skilled at comming up with effective quips in a fluid environment.
    You may say that, but I'm extremely witty with jokes, puns, and remarks. More so than NTs and NFs that I know.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I always got the feeling, when trying to debate NFs, that whether I technically "won" or not, I wouldn't get anywhere, because their beliefs are so deeply held that no other person can help. Ultimately, from my experience, they have the final word, no matter what, with regard to that.

There have been many times when I have technically won debates with my mom (INFJ), but I haven't counted them as "won" because she didn't change her mind; she just kinda/sorta made it seem like she kinda/sorta might think about it. :rolli:
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ

"Technically" doesn't count though! If it did, I would have many more arguments won in my favor.

From my experiences, I don't know which is worse, debating with an ENFP or an ISTJ. Neither want to give up! I'm thinking it's the ENFP, but I definitely have won debates with them more than once (thought I have lost many more), and it required a massive arsenal of physical evidence- and more importantly, some persuasive wording.

The other ISTJ's are more likely to come to a compromise with you, but the ENFP's... forget it! It's their way or the highway.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I always got the feeling, when trying to debate NFs, that whether I technically "won" or not, I wouldn't get anywhere, because their beliefs are so deeply held that no other person can help. Ultimately, from my experience, they have the final word, no matter what, with regard to that.

There have been many times when I have technically won debates with my mom (INFJ), but I haven't counted them as "won" because she didn't change her mind; she just kinda/sorta made it seem like she kinda/sorta might think about it.
    That's really funny! You're right - telling us that things are a certain way will not make us believe it. Most things took quite a process to come to, so unless you are willing to go through the same process (which won't happen in a five minute conversation), it's likely that we'll nod and listen, but not be convinced. In fact, the more forceful people are, the less likely we are to listen. However, it's not that we aren't unconvinceable. We just need lots of discussion to process things and you tend to state facts after you have decided how things must be, because that reflects the thought process that you favour. Usually the problem is centred around whether the rules set down make practical sense (it's not enough that they are rules) or about whether or not something seems fair. We don't think it's fair to be told something without adequate back and forth discussion and input. If our point of view is not dismissed without thinking about it and understanding it and we are considered in the process, usually you can win us over fairly painlessly because we do prefer to agree.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What do SJ's think of the other three temperaments?

SP?
    NF?
    NT?
    SP's .. So much fun, don't take life to seriously. Can always cheer me up with some silly, quirky video from youtube.

NF's .. Love private conversations with them. To feel and articulate what they want to say, well i am jealous.

NT's .. I get on fine with them as long as the conversation doesn't become serious and there is no competition involved.