User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 137

  1. #111
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I'll have to agree with this. The reason for this is mainly because of the introversion of ISTJ vs. extroversion of ESTJ, and also because of tertiary Fi as opposed to inferior Fi. Where I have incredible difficulty with Fe, I don't have much trouble with Fi, and looking inward.
    I call this the heebie jee"fi"es or heebie jee"fe"es
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #112
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    My mom and and my best friend know me pretty well, but I keep secrets from them too. This is mostly because I don't feel the need to tell people about all my problems.
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  3. #113
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    My mom and and my best friend know me pretty well, but I keep secrets from them too. This is mostly because I don't feel the need to tell people about all my problems.
    +1

    I'll admit, most of you all on here know more about my personal life than my family and friends do!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #114
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    My mom and and my best friend know me pretty well, but I keep secrets from them too. This is mostly because I don't feel the need to tell people about all my problems.
    +1

    I'll admit, most of you all on here know more about my personal life than my family and friends do!
    +2.

  5. #115
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    ^-- I think that's probably true for most ISTJ's. I don't think I've ever talked about my personal problems with someone I know in real life. I only do so on the internet with people I don't know.

  6. #116
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,074

    Default

    Do you feel like it's helpful to have anonymous people to talk to about that sort of thing, or is it more as a way to educate them better?

    Is the lack of talking about how you feel have more to do with how you effectively process things, or is it a fear of vulnerability/people's reaction to what you say?

    How is the internet different for you from talking to people in real life?

  7. #117
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Do you feel like it's helpful to have anonymous people to talk to about that sort of thing, or is it more as a way to educate them better?
    At times it can be helpful to talk about that sort of thing, but I'm not really good at putting my feelings into words... or even my thoughts into words.

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Is the lack of talking about how you feel have more to do with how you effectively process things, or is it a fear of vulnerability/people's reaction to what you say?
    I'd say a little bit of both goes into this. For me, at least. I find that I have a great time explaining things in my mind, but I'm not so great at it when putting my thoughts into words. Thus, it is harder for me to describe my thoughts and feelings towards others, so I mostly try to work out things in my head. However, this can lead to me getting very stressed out. For me, I also agree with the second part of the question because I have low self-esteem and low confidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    How is the internet different for you from talking to people in real life?
    When I come to someone on the internet with a problem and a story to tell, that is their first impression of me. With people in real life, their first impression of me is not my problem. I find this hard to explain, but it's just easier somehow. Perhaps someone who knows what I'm talking about could explain it better...

  8. #118
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    How is the internet different for you from talking to people in real life?
    For me, it's that you don't have to actually SAY anything to anyone, and that you don't have to see their reaction. When I write something online about how I feel, I can detach myself from it emotionally. It's like the person you're talking to doesn't exist, because you can't see them. So, it's like writing in a diary. I have no trouble with THAT.
    EDIT: It's also that no one on the internet knows who I am.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #119
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    For me, it's that you don't have to actually SAY anything to anyone, and that you don't have to see their reaction. When I write something online about how I feel, I can detach myself from it emotionally. It's like the person you're talking to doesn't exist, because you can't see them. So, it's like writing in a diary. I have no trouble with THAT.
    EDIT: It's also that no one on the internet knows who I am.
    This too. :P

  10. #120
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    I can be more articulate about my thoughts and feelings online. People in real life get a fraction of the true effect of what I'm feeling. It's because I have the time and freedom to elaborate more effectively. I always feel like I'm just trying to get words out fast in real life and people are itching to get away from the conversation.


Similar Threads

  1. How easy is it for you to see your dominant function?
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-24-2015, 04:06 PM
  2. [ISTJ] Is there an "Ask an ISTJ" thread?
    By yama in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
  3. What the hell is there to do and see in Texas?
    By Qre:us in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
  4. [ISTJ] How ISTJ's make decision For ISTJ's Mainly but anyone is welcome!
    By Jstrazz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
  5. [NF] Is there any real action in your life?
    By lorkan in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO