• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, do you like taking surveys?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
That is do you like taking surveys if there's not much pressure involved... not counting towards your salary or grades or something like that?

Seeing if this is just an SJ thing or not.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
If it's a completely irrelevant survey, I don't have a problem with it. It's almost a release of the desire to show people little portions of yourself now and again.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YES. I absolutely LOVE surveys! For that matter, filling out forms of any kind! Party on, dudes! :party:

...I am SUCH a nerd.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I don't mind if they have little circles and you have to use a number two pencil. The whole sense of doing, the smell of the paper, the feel of a new pencil. I love it.

Those email survey things though I hate it. I might fill one just to send it back -only- to the one that sent it to me.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, I usually hate email/FB type surveys too. But online quizzes are fun and can be quite addicting. :blush:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
That's funny. I like surveys too, but not to reveal little bits of me or because I like the feeling of doing it. I like it that people want to know what I've got to say.

Sorry, I know I'm not an SJ, but I think it's interesting that there are quite a few places of overlap between what we like, but usually with entirely different motivations.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmm... surveys... I'm kind of the opposite of everyone else. :(

I dislike taking surveys unless I know it's relevant and could benefit me or the greater good. For instance, I do not mind leaving feedback on online sites that I have purchased things from, like eBay or online stores.

I also like doing those polls on news sites like AOL.com and stuff, but only the ones that do not ask for my e-mail address... unless I feel it's an important poll. :yes:

But if it's a stupid survey with strings attached (that asks for my address and all that information) then no, rare chance that I will fill it out...

Maybe I'm not understanding the question? :huh: I feel like I'm not answering it properly.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
d@v3 - You answered it fine. I hate filling out those feedback things. I'm with you on not bothering with the kind that makes you give all sorts of info. Like getting a free sample of something, only to discover that there's a lengthy survey required along with leaving contact information.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I jumped through hoops today just to get my credit report and score. I knew it was a bad idea because you had to sign up for a "free" trial membership to get them. Well, sure it was free, but you have to call them up and harass them before they finally agree to cancel your account before the trial ends and your credit card is charged! :ranting:

P_M, you are right, if it's too long I'll probably just skip it completely, but it depends on the importance of it and what priority I hold the subject to.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
It really depends on the situation.
Situations where I'll do them:
- Feedback for improvements
- Free stuff
- *Survey that uses leading questions to get a certain answer as support for doing certain things or designed to education the general public on a certain viewpoint

Situations where I won't do them:
- Envelope marked urgent
- Marketing survey
- Too long

*opinion accuracy not guaranteed

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Surveys are hard because there's no way to ask "What exactly did you mean by this question? Can you be more specific?" This ends up happening with phone surveys, and the telemarketer gets annoyed with me. :alttongue:

I do like taking surveys that help people out, such as Customer Service surveys.

The killing-time surveys are boring to me.

jazzyidahovandal

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't mind doing them. I used to work for a telephone survey company. Not the easiest job for an introvert, but I enjoyed hearing peoples opinions about political issues.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Surveys are hard because there's no way to ask "What exactly did you mean by this question? Can you be more specific?" This ends up happening with phone surveys, and the telemarketer gets annoyed with me. :alttongue:

:rofl1: I know exactly what you mean!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol. If the survey is for 'work', i don't pay much attention and just circle the boxes i know they want me to circle.

Online tests though, i do enjoy them. I also like coming up with questions for people to answer. I like (some) people. What can i say. :)