User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default STJs: What makes you clam up most and why?

I'm interested because I see some commonalities between the two types (E and I versions) and their way of communicating.

I'm interested in knowing more about their reactions to stress and how someone can best support them, what makes them not want to talk, how people can figure out their internal workings well enough to respond appropriately, and what bothers them most. I realize that this is a type that I have met frequently, am beginning to understand some of the thought processes, but still do not have effective communication with them figured out at all.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Clam up? You mean quiet? Well, I'm quiet by default. But girls can get me REALLY quiet as I am too shy...

I also get quiet when I'm pissed, that way I don't say anything I later regret.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Nope, clamming is different than non-participation or observation. It referred to the later. So what induces those feelings of possible being compelled to say regrettable things?

MBTI
    LoLz

Extreme frustration.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Usually because I'm angry or sad. And I most hate when people keep asking me "What happen" or "What's going on with you". I just want them to STFU.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Forever? What about afterwards? Do you talk then? Do you just pretend it never happened and hope it will go away?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Forever? What about afterwards? Do you talk then? Do you just pretend it never happened and hope it will go away?
    I'm an introvert for a reason. Let me hold my own inner council first. Once that's finished, then I'll ask you for help if I'm unable to solve it on my own.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

MBTI would argue that they're using the same functions--introverted perception via Si governing the inner world, coupled with extroverted judgment handling the outside world via Te.

(If you're unfamiliar, Si, Introverted Sensing = The process responsible for recalling specific details about past sensory memory, leading to a general attitude of stabilization and comfort in what is known and understood clearly and concretely based on what's been directly experienced before. Si directs us toward a "better safe than sorry" attitude.

And Te, Extroverted Thinking = The desire to organize the outer world into rationally coherent relationships that allow us to make objectively measurable progress toward externally verifiable goals. Te chooses expediency over Ti's focus on internal consistency.)

Supposedly, they only differ in which of these two processes is given more priority. The ISTJ spends more time in Si mode and switches to Te for relief; the ESTJ, vice versa.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    MBTI would argue that they're using the same functions--introverted perception via Si governing the inner world, coupled with extroverted judgment handling the outside world via Te.

Supposedly, they only differ in which of these two processes is given more priority. The ISTJ spends more time in Si mode and switches to Te for relief; the ESTJ, vice versa.
    Freakin' ESTJs abuse Si. But, I guess they'd say we abuse Te. I think of Te as a fun game. They probably see use in Si.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

When there is an obvious problem or dispute and there needs to be a solution now, and others have a "whatever" or "i don't want to hear it" or "we'll do it later" attitude. That frustrates me. I may say mean things, but I don't usually regret them.
    When I'm stressed I make a plan and put it into action in order to make progress, which gets rid of the stress. Impeding the plan is not good for others to do. People can support by going along with the plan.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli