• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs and Forums

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
In my personal experience with forums, I've noticed a few habits I have. For instance, once I've joined a forum and picked an avatar, I will use the same avatar forever. There are some forums where I've had the same avatar for 2 years or more. Once I've got an avatar, I can't seem to change it.

The same thing more or less applies to signatures. Usually, I can be slightly flexible with signatures, but I'll usually relate all of mys sigs in style or format. (for instance, on a past forum I've been on, my signature was ALWAYS a quote by Emerson.)

Can any SJs relate? Any habits you've noticed in your forum behavior?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have had this avatar for a while along with the sig, but it's not really because I don't WANT to change it. I just forget about it and don't pay much attention. This is the first forum (MBTI forum) that I have joined so I don't really know of any "habits" I have gotten into.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For instance, once I've joined a forum and picked an avatar, I will use the same avatar forever.
YES. I have never changed mine on TypoC, and I never will. (unless I find a better picture of Gromit.) I would, only everyone associates me with him now, so I'd just be confusing people.
"Uh, gawrsh, where'd Gromit-girl go?"

The same thing more or less applies to signatures.
Not for me, necessarily. If I keep it for a long time, it's out of laziness, contrary to the avatar situation.

Snow Turtle

Sometimes I'll change my avatar to reflect my mood or whatever. However I do identify with this behaviour, I rarely change things because they sort of become part of my identity.

It's the reason that I had the same name on msn messenger for roughly 7 years, it's only in the last few months I've left it to Kai. It's almost as if I've left behind my old identity to be truthful, this is where I am now, a new chapter within my life.

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I've been using the same nickname, avatar, and signature on other forums too and have never changed it. Is this has any relation of being loyal and persistent as SJ?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've been using forums for 10 years. I've lost count of the amount of forums I've joined and participated in. I made a list for another forum a few days ago of forums I check frequently, as in within a span of a week as of now. The list was about 8-9 forums. I usually don't pay much attention to avatars, titles or signatures. I don't do it as much for the personalization, but more for the effect of it, how other people will react to it.

People keep telling me to actually like, personalize more. Haha. That's my lack of Fe.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
In my personal experience with forums, I've noticed a few habits I have. For instance, once I've joined a forum and picked an avatar, I will use the same avatar forever. There are some forums where I've had the same avatar for 2 years or more. Once I've got an avatar, I can't seem to change it.

The same thing more or less applies to signatures. Usually, I can be slightly flexible with signatures, but I'll usually relate all of mys sigs in style or format. (for instance, on a past forum I've been on, my signature was ALWAYS a quote by Emerson.)

Yeah, I can relate. I don't have the same avatar forever, but I try to (purposely) keep the same avatar for a long time, so it becomes my identity for a while, then I change it if it's been a while. I don't like frequently changing avatars also because 1) I identify other posters by their avatars and also because 2) I think of the avatar as my identity and don't want to change it frequently.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Well, I keep my portrait and nickname everywhere. It is me, and I don't hide behind the multitude of aliases. I stand proud with this name and face, now and forever.

Also, I never take part in nonsense threads that have no point... like threads that try to hit 100 pages as fast as possible.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Of the 2-ish years I've been on this forum, I've always had the purple flower as my avatar, and I probably won't ever change it. I know it is associated with my name, and it's a picture I took myself, so I feel it is representative of me. Plus, people compliment it all the time...I'd like to think that I just have good taste...lol :alttongue:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yet here we are .. got to love stereotyping. ;)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yet here we are .. got to love stereotyping. ;)

Haha. You should get yourself an avatar. :p

I look for an avatar that I like and I keep it for a while. Every once in a while I like a change in my avatar, though.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I like keeping the same avartar and name since it is an identity. I find it confusing when people change thier avartar.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It depends on what type of internet forums. If you're talking about forums about theories such as MBTI, then of course there will be less sensors.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Haha. You should get yourself an avatar. :p

I know i should .. I am trying to give it some thought. I had a pic of me previous, then i went for the warrior truck (that symbolized a few things for me) i don't know what to get now. I was looking at a rose bush then a only god will judge me tattoo pic .. I just haven't made up my mind yet .. It will come to me eventually. ;)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
In the span of every 2 weeks I check these forums:

INTJForum
Typologycentral
Rangerboard (Power Rangers)
PC Perspective Forums
Daizenshuu Forums (Dragonball Z)
Serebii Forums (Pokemon)
Ghosts of Dawson's Creek
IMDB Forums

These 2 I check only regularly while Heroes is airing:

Got Heroes Forum
NBC Heroes Forum

This one, I check probably once a month or something. I used to post there a lot a few years ago. Was for a video game.

TFC Catacombs

I have an array of accounts all over. I only have those that I check regularly nowadays. Forums are like heaven for me. It allows a lot of convenient discussion. It's REALLY hard to find the kinds of discussion for some stuff in real life I like.