User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Spotting an ISFJ in the Wild

Any ideas? I know sometimes they get mistaken for INFJs. How would you describe the difference and where do they tend to hang out? I'm not sure if I know any or not...

MBTI
    infp

According to my isfj friend quite a few of them were on her garden landscaping course, and a couple others were working with her on the hampton court flower show, so maybe something to do with nature and working with your hands?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    I

If you want to differentiate ISFJs from INFJs, look at Si vs. Ni.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    If you want to differentiate ISFJs from INFJs, look at Si vs. Ni.
    +1

INFJ and ISFJ are going to be two of the most distant types that are only different by "one letter" because of their different dominant functions. Finding and Si or Ni should be rather simple.

You can also take the approach of looking for traditional SJ/NF traits. Since the two types are from two different temperaments, they should be pretty distinct.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

See, I would have thought that, but I have seen many debate whether Wilson on House is an ISFJ or an INFJ as well as people that don't seem sure which one their friends are. Not being sure if I have ever actually met any, I wondered what one would be like. I don't know many SJs with an F in there, either introverted or extroverted. I wanted if the SF part of things would make the concreteness of the S a little more subtle.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you're looking for them in the wild, you're barking up the wrong tree. They're not wild, they're mild.

You'll probably find them at home, diligently doing household chores or something. If you believe the stereotypes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think I might know one. Nice, some affinity, but needs salt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Are ESFJs just a more extoverted version of same? What would they be doing?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm INFJ, my boyfriend is ISFJ. We are VERY different. That one letter makes a huge difference.

He is much tidier and more organized than I am. He loves things that bore me to tears like sports (you name the sport, he has a favorite team). He does a lot of outdoorsy stuff like fishing and camping. I'd prefer a nice hotel. He was a star athlete in high school; I was the salutatorian.

He is the one that makes sure everything looks just right. He sprays weed killer on the weeds that grow in the cracks in the sidewalk. I'd never even noticed the weeds until I saw him spraying them. He'll set out candles for dinner, make sure music is on when I visit -- things like that that I do appreciate, but wouldn't think to do myself...and sometimes have to make an effort to notice.

I read voraciously; he only skims the newspaper. I post on here; he's never heard of MBTI and wouldn't have any interest if he had. He is far more conservative than I am in almost every respect - politically, religiously, and sexually -- though he's had far more partners.

In some ways he seems far more introverted than I am. He is comfortable sitting together silently and doesn't really talk unless he feels he has something important to say....but he has far more acquaintances than I do. I have lost touch with far more people than I can count; not only does he seems to keep in contact with everyone he's ever known, the all seem to be drawn to him. Part of this may be that he is far more observant than I am. He can spot someone he knows in a crowd and recognizes people he's not seen in years.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I know one who's an incredible paralegal.