• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask the ISTJ

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you have a bad temper if people don't:

1 - Do things exactly your way

2 - Follow your beliefs (for example if you had a child who grew up to go against your beliefs, or a husband who turns his back on those beliefs later on in life)

3 - Follow the role you think they should

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Also, how do you view love?

What did it take for your INFP to convince you of their love for you?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Do you have a bad temper if people don't:

1 - Do things exactly your way

2 - Follow your beliefs (for example if you had a child who grew up to go against your beliefs, or a husband who turns his back on those beliefs later on in life)

3 - Follow the role you think they should

Well, I used to be pretty hotheaded, but I kinda outgrew it. Now, #1 used to describe me as a kid, and I guess I still get frustrated at people sometimes; but, like I've said before, pretty much everything depends on specific circumstances.

If someone such as my husband turned his back on our beliefs, I would be rather distraught, and some of it probably would come off as anger.

Can you give an example of #3?

Also, how do you view love?
As you may have guessed, I'm wondering... can you be more specific?

What did it take for your INFP to convince you of their love for you?

Oh, it was rather apparent almost from the start. I don't think INFPs have all that much trouble making it apparent. I guess one of the first things that made me see it was how he was always there for me (I was going through some kind of rough times spiritually back then and had no one to talk to about it but him.) and how apparent he made it that he'd do anything for me. (I don't mean to sound sadistic.)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is there a way to make ISTJs less annoying and offensive? Do they even realize they are? I mean, even their signatures piss me off. They seem to do it naturally...

MBTI Type
ISTJ
How do you take your coffee?

on ice, with quite a bit of milk and sugar

Is there a way to make ISTJs less annoying and offensive?
yeesh

Do they even realize they are?
not to the extent you're suggesting

I mean, even their signatures piss me off. They seem to do it naturally...

What's so bad about mine? I just get sick of being mistaken for a male on message boards and being hit on in real life by people who know I'm female.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Is there a way to make ISTJs less annoying and offensive? Do they even realize they are? I mean, even their signatures piss me off. They seem to do it naturally...

See I would call this statement ironic, but google seems to say otherwise. I guess it could still be irony if you were referring to INTJs, but I wouldn't insult other INTJs like that, so I guess you just meant ironic for yourself.

Nice way of handling it Ransomed, I don't think I would've reacted so well.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Tactless INTJs? Well, I don't really know if I've met any INTJs 'cause I'm not too good at typing people yet. But... tactless? I thought that was the job of the ISTJ... *scratches head*

No no, I'm pretty good at tactlessness, although I do admit, INTJs can be realllly awful (as I'm engaged to one, I speak on behalf of her tact.)

I think it's a I-T thing. All four types seem socially akward in different ways...

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm... once again, I speak for myself... I think I'd probably prefer the latter, as long as it was sincere. Now, if that's gonna be fake, I prefer the first.

I was curious. My husband doesn't respond to praise unless it involves superlatives. I have learned to adjust my vocabulary accordingly. He's also learned that when I say "good job" it means I am impressed, he knows I have high standars and I don't mince words.

Gratsi for the input.

luaplogo

MBTI Type
ISFP
Ok so I'm probably late for the party but here goes nothing. Have you as an ISTJ ever pretended to be a completely different personality type?

I know this girl who says she's an INTJ but she doesn't seem to mesh or be anything like the other 2 NT's I know, one is an INTJ and the other is INTP. After reading all of the ISTJ responses she seems to be a perfect match with you.

So is it possible for someone to put on that much of an act? Even if she can't do it successfully all of the time.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Are ISTJ men ever warm and affectionate?

If so, when, how and how to draw it out?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
*sigh* What do I have to do to get it?