• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I saw in Sona a strong J preference; characteristically holding rigid and dogmatic viewpoints. He also exhibited contradictory logic and independent viewpoints, which could've suggested N. Sensors, and especially Sensing Thinkers, are better at not contradicting themselves, because they are more aware of such things.

Of course, there are cultural differences that must be taken into consideration here.
Well the ISTJ I know ran as DM for a while once and was the most capricious of all. More so than the INTJ for certain and sometimes even more so than the ISFJ we have running now and she can really have some vindictive days!!!

Why would SJs be more consistent than NJs? Surely it's just a matter of what they are consistent to? One to the specifics and the other to the pattern.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a big fan of them, as long as they aren't my boss or have any power over me. I don't tend to do so well with their management style in most cases.

Normally very logical but always loyal and trustworthy. Qualities that many of the other types pride themselves in, but not near to the extent of the ISTJ and they don't need any praise of recognition for it either.

A lot of the other types, even whey they are "generous" are being manipulative or phony or want something in return.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Because most of our kind are apparently too good for this forum. I've also heard that alot of ISTJs shun MBTI.

boogawooga999

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I've been reading this stuff for a while now because it just intrigues me. It makes sense.

G

GirlAmerica

ISTJ's are the ONLY type I have encountered that are more private and less sharing than INTJ's......tough nut to crack!!!:shock:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My best friend is ISTJ, but he's sorta.... gone wrong. I want to discuss that actually, cos I know two ISTJ's that have both 'gone wrong' in a similar way and I don't get it.

Mendacity

My best friend is also an ISTJ and because of him I have an enormous amount of respect for the type. My ISTJ is one of the few people I know who I'm not related to who loves to argue stupid points we may not even believe in with me.
But he always backs his argument up with facts or at least some pretty good speculation. He's always respectful to people who don't necessarily share his beliefs and is one of the sweetest and most intelligent people I've had the honor to know.
He can have trouble with hypothetical questions and arguments (he hates them) and can be frustratingly stubborn.
I think my ISTJ is one of the few people who actually understands me and often has to explain my weirdness to others and suggest how best to deal with me.
He's also hilarious because he's pretty serious for much of the time, and then surprises people with his wit and silliness.
Together, we are an unstoppable team of sarcasm, annoying argumentativeness and rationality to the point of ridiculousness. :D

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think my ISTJ is one of the few people who actually understands me and often has to explain my weirdness to others and suggest how best to deal with me.
He's also hilarious because he's pretty serious for much of the time, and then surprises people with his wit and silliness.
Together, we are an unstoppable team of sarcasm, annoying argumentativeness and rationality to the point of ridiculousness. :D

:yes:

My ISTJ often has to explain my behaviour to his family and together we comiserate about them. He's very sarcastic and is often not understood by others as well. On the whole we get along very well.

G

GirlAmerica

ISTJ is the only type of man that I can truly envision myself happy with.

I have one in my life...and it is like finally understanding myself through him.

Mendacity

It seems like the biggest fans of ISTJs are INTJs. I doubt that this will increase the popularity of ISTJs among people of other types. :blush:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like having ISTJs on my project team because they can be trusted to be detailed and exact in their work. They also are good planners for catastrophe -- they can tell everything that might go eventually wrong with a plan, and they hate leaving things to chance.

But as far as interpersonals go, I have trouble spending prolonged periods of time with them because they are just very straight-forward and not as prone to play, and I try to avoid controversial topics. The less J an ISTJ has, the more I enjoy their company.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have an ISTJ brother in law.
He's a pharmacist.
He's dependable, generous, good with his kids, likes to cook fancier dishes, helps clean house, likes antiques, likes to watch sports, quiet.

I have an ISTJ mother.
She's generous, hard-working, loves antiques, LOVES old books, reads encyclopedias recreationally, smartest woman I know.
She's really excellent with her hands. When she learned how to quilt, she liked to tell people how she learned so much faster than anyone else in her class, and how her work was so much better than everyone else's. She likes her work to be excellent quality.

ygolo

My termites win
Despite how INTPs are characterized.

I think, ISTJ is the most common type of engineering PHD.

In other words, they are also common among the world's eggheads, and that is a positive in my opinion.

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
They are pretty similar.

INTJ come up w/ the ideas; ISTJs support carry it out w/o questioning.

You can always trust a ISTJ to not 'go against' the plan and even when they do, they always straight out tell you why they think it is wrong instead of going behind your back.

Word of advice; most important things to an ISTJ are peace, security, and void of interference with their personal lives. If you attempt to tamper w/ any of the listed, they will back stab you.

G

GirlAmerica

ISTJ's also seem to be the harder nut to crack when it comes to sharing personal feelings etc.
I may avoid and have no desire to share with anyone except whom I choose however if I am close to someone I can open up and share...ISTJ's, even if close to someone seem to share far less.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I find many similarities in the day to day operations of ISTJs and INTJs. There are some fundamental differences of course.

They are similar in the way ISTPs and INTPs can be hard to distinguish initially.

N/S is the percieving function, so it can be hard to tell sometimes.