User Tag List

First 678910 Last

It seems like the biggest fans of ISTJs are INTJs. I doubt that this will increase the popularity of ISTJs among people of other types.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like having ISTJs on my project team because they can be trusted to be detailed and exact in their work. They also are good planners for catastrophe -- they can tell everything that might go eventually wrong with a plan, and they hate leaving things to chance.

But as far as interpersonals go, I have trouble spending prolonged periods of time with them because they are just very straight-forward and not as prone to play, and I try to avoid controversial topics. The less J an ISTJ has, the more I enjoy their company.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I have an ISTJ brother in law.
    He's a pharmacist.
    He's dependable, generous, good with his kids, likes to cook fancier dishes, helps clean house, likes antiques, likes to watch sports, quiet.

I have an ISTJ mother.
    She's generous, hard-working, loves antiques, LOVES old books, reads encyclopedias recreationally, smartest woman I know.
    She's really excellent with her hands. When she learned how to quilt, she liked to tell people how she learned so much faster than anyone else in her class, and how her work was so much better than everyone else's. She likes her work to be excellent quality.

Despite how INTPs are characterized.

I think, ISTJ is the most common type of engineering PHD.

In other words, they are also common among the world's eggheads, and that is a positive in my opinion.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

GirlAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    It seems like the biggest fans of ISTJs are INTJs. I doubt that this will increase the popularity of ISTJs among people of other types.

Most notibly, the INTJ women.......

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    It seems like the biggest fans of ISTJs are INTJs.
    They are pretty similar.

MBTI
    IXTX

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They are pretty similar.
    INTJ come up w/ the ideas; ISTJs support carry it out w/o questioning.

You can always trust a ISTJ to not 'go against' the plan and even when they do, they always straight out tell you why they think it is wrong instead of going behind your back.

Word of advice; most important things to an ISTJ are peace, security, and void of interference with their personal lives. If you attempt to tamper w/ any of the listed, they will back stab you.

GirlAmerica

ISTJ's also seem to be the harder nut to crack when it comes to sharing personal feelings etc.
    I may avoid and have no desire to share with anyone except whom I choose however if I am close to someone I can open up and share...ISTJ's, even if close to someone seem to share far less.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They are pretty similar.
    Hardly.

[Edited by proteanmix]
    Last edited by proteanmix; 10-06-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Please behave :)
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Hardly.
    I find many similarities in the day to day operations of ISTJs and INTJs. There are some fundamental differences of course.

They are similar in the way ISTPs and INTPs can be hard to distinguish initially.

N/S is the percieving function, so it can be hard to tell sometimes.