User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 104

  1. #51
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why not?
    The total lack of rational analysis and inability to spot patterns kinda hinted to me
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I assume that rational analysis is something that an ISTJ would be good at.

  3. #53
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I assume that rational analysis is something that an ISTJ would be good at.
    That would be one reason I don't think he is one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  4. #54
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I actually think Sona was some kind of SP. Too much button-pushing, not enough rule-following.
    You say that because it appeared to be button-pushing to you, while I saw consistency. Just because the consistency offended your moral code doesn't mean it offended his. He wasn't pushing your buttons, he was just being what he is.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  5. #55
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    You say that because it appeared to be button-pushing to you, while I saw consistency. Just because the consistency offended your moral code doesn't mean it offended his. He wasn't pushing your buttons, he was just being what he is.
    You say this because you didn't see everything that went on.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  6. #56
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I assume that rational analysis is something that an ISTJ would be good at.
    Depends upon what you see as rational really

    The ISTJ I know tends to skip implications and ripple effects in his reasoning and hence his analysis is often very skewed towards what he wanted it to turn out like to begin with. I'm presuming that this is common, I could be wrong though.

    I read Sona as an SP too. Something about all that flitting about from one thing to the next and the ability to almost twist himself double in his reasoning. No pattern to his steps, no rhythm. You know?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I saw in Sona a strong J preference; characteristically holding rigid and dogmatic viewpoints. He also exhibited contradictory logic and independent viewpoints, which could've suggested N. Sensors, and especially Sensing Thinkers, are better at not contradicting themselves, because they are more aware of such things.

    Of course, there are cultural differences that must be taken into consideration here.

  8. #58
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I saw in Sona a strong J preference; characteristically holding rigid and dogmatic viewpoints. He also exhibited contradictory logic and independent viewpoints, which could've suggested N. Sensors are better at not contradicting themselves, because they are more aware of such things.

    Of course, there are cultural differences that must be taken into consideration here.
    I saw in Sona a similar reaction to a strict religious upbringing that I've seen in other SPs. In his mind he sort of wants to stick to it, but he can't quite articulate why, and his behavior doesn't match his professed devotion. It's an attachment to cultural trappings (by habit for STPs, affection for SFPs) without the accompanying adherence. He professed rigid and dogmatic viewpoints but he didn't seem to follow through with them in reality.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I saw in Sona a similar reaction to a strict religious upbringing that I've seen in other SPs. In his mind he sort of wants to stick to it, but he can't quite articulate why, and his behavior doesn't match his professed devotion. It's an attachment to cultural trappings (by habit for STPs, affection for SFPs) without the accompanying adherence. He professed rigid and dogmatic viewpoints but he didn't seem to follow through with them in reality.
    Yeah, that's true. Judging by his posts, he seemed to also be a thrill seeker.

  10. #60
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    He's gone and you're still talking about him. I bet he's giggling somewhere.

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread
    By TheLastMohican in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
  2. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  5. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO