User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Hmm... well, I don't know if this will help at all, or if it's even an ISTJ thing; but, alot of times, the main reason I don't share my thoughts is because I fear what people will think of them. I'm not sure if that's her problem or not. *shrugs*
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Hmm... well, I don't know if this will help at all, or if it's even an ISTJ thing; but, alot of times, the main reason I don't share my thoughts is because I fear what people will think of them. I'm not sure if that's her problem or not. *shrugs*
    That fact intrigues me. (seriously. lol)

As in, you're not sure about how they'll perceive you as a person after sharing that? or you're worried that it will affect their interaction with you? or you're insecure around some types?

plz expand.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    That fact intrigues me. (seriously. lol)

As in, you're not sure about how they'll perceive you as a person after sharing that? or you're worried that it will affect their interaction with you? or you're insecure around some types?

plz expand.
    Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)? Yeah, I guess you might could call it insecurity in my case. But, lilke I said, I don't know how much this pertains to other ISTJs.
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)? Yeah, I guess you might could call it insecurity in my case. But, lilke I said, I don't know how much this pertains to other ISTJs.
    So it's that you don't want to bore others?

I think ISTJs are fascinating (they're better one on one, though). Just find an INTJ
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    1w2

I think the type of people that find other people boring are the ones that sit around waiting for others to entertain them as if the sun rises and sets on their ass.

I only know one ISTJ well but the others I kinda know aren't bad. A little straitlaced and you have to do some cajoling to get them to try stuff they're unaccustomed to, but good, solid, reliable, and often underappreciated people.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?
    Oh goodness...YES! I know I do that. It usually occurs when I am suffering through "small talk" conversations or if someone is talking my ear off about a topic that I either know nothing about or don't really care about. It's my way of trying to be polite on the outside (but on the inside I have an entire internal dialogue going on...and I'm kinda smiling at my own thoughts). :rolli: And no, you probably don't want to know what we're thinking. Don't take it personally though, it's just our (well, mine at least) way of amusement.

Shit, I fell for it!

That's ok. I still *blows nose* like ISTJs.

Haha, jk. I encourage you to share your thoughts, Ransom.

I'm a lot like that, myself. It's something I try all the time not to do. Life is so much more liberating when you can just put yourself out there without worrying about what other people think of you. Who needs people's positive opinions? Heck no.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

This is one of the biggest reasons my friend and I started hanging out; his awesomeness was partially derived form his weirdness.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Here is a place where the rest of you can compliment us and build are egos. Fellow ISTJs are welcome to join the fun too!!
    I like you.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)?
    My ISTJ calls himself "Cliff Claven". He doesn't have a problem sharing his tidbits either. (oohhh that sounds naughty)

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.