User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

ISTJs are awesome (most of the time )! Two of my closest relationships are with them. Both of them have very literal realistic points of view that I often miss. They both have a tendency to be pessimistic which makes it good for me to be around them. I get to share the positive spin on most situations and in turn we teach one another. I can talk to ISTJs for hours. OTOH they are one of the fews types where if there is silence it's comfortable to me. I adore their senses of humor which could possibly be an acquired taste. I notice many people do not know that either of them can be outrageously funny. I notice that it's a dark kind of humor and something I would never think of. ISTJs once you make it into their 'inner circle' will literally give you anything that you need if they can. I can tell ISTJs as a general rule my inner most feelings and they will keep it to themselves. Trust has to be earned with them they do not give it freely which I respect. I respect their intelligence, quiet nature and hard work too.

*How's that for kissing up?*
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ISTJs can be very thorough and detailed in situations that I just do not want to expend all of the energy to do so.

When they build something, I know all the pieces will fit together and they will have all the materials at hand, and they will know the total and individual cost of everything, and they will have a schematic drawn out, and know the exact measurement of all the pieces, and...

... well, for things that matter, I can rest assured that if an ISTJ puts together a space shuttle or a car or an elevator or a house, it's going to fit together and everything will work as it is supposed to work according to plan.

[The only flaw usually for the ISTJ is not designing well enough in the sense of anticipating possibilities that might arise; but they will cover all the practical bases.]

ISTJs are loyal and faithful and firmly committed. They are very trustworthy, when they make a promise.

They also can handle intellectual criticism. If the criticism is impersonal and not buttressed by lots of statements that Feeler types often need to "soften things," they can swallow it easily and move on and even dish it right back.

They also give criticism. The mature/thoughtful ones can give a very impersonal, honest appraisal of something. And as long as the something is not a "person," the feedback is very exact and practical and realistic and truthful.

And... do I need to say that, if I need to balance my checkbook, I'd rather let an ISTJ do it?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Pass!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

lol. I can't believe so many of you guys fell for it. I couldn't help it. I guess I was feeling mischevious yesterday and just wanted to play like I was full of myself. lol. And also, I thought it was funny 'cause I realize what a challenge it is. lol.
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

That's it...I am out of your fan club.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

ISTJs intrigue me b/c they don't share a lot of personal things, which makes me want to know all the more. They're generally exceptionally intelligent, and very very competent, which I superbly respect.

I also like how they are really honest when people ask for their opinions. They aren't out to make friends as much as they are to develop and improve things. All the ISTJs I've met are really caring and show this through their actions to work hard for others.

I wish ISTJs would give me more secrets on how to seduce them (in a very non-romantic way). Because pretty much any type but ISTJs can I hook with my quirky endearingness, and I can tell ISTJs really like me, but... how do I hook them in so they will share with me?! I love their observations of others around them. They notice things others don't. I want more, and they do share with me, but not nearly as much as I want. I want to see how they see the world and they don't share their observations as much as I want them to.

That is so hard, to get an ISTJ to share. I have not yet figured that out. But I'm also not super-close to any. I've also found that the males tell me more than the females! How weird is that?!

How could you do so with an old friend over the internet? Slow, steady, keep secrets and don't blab information... ideas?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?
    Eh?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I want to see how they see the world and they don't share their observations as much as I want them to.
    So... what exactly do you wanna know?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    So... what exactly do you wanna know?
    Well, I'll share.

I have this one specific ISTJ in mind. I really like her. She lives impossibly far, so contact is through the internet. I know she likes me, but she has "not let me into her inner circle".

I really like the little bits she would share, and she fascinated me when we lived in the same city. But we don't any more, and I don't know how to get her to share when she lives so far.

Specifically, I want her observations of her new environment. Her info tends to come from her husband through their blog. She doesn't volunteer much.

I want to know how to make her comfortable so she'll share with me. (I know she likes me, I'm not annoying. I just am not in her inner circle.) She's got the craziest observations and ideas and she's really smart and I want information that she's not sharing

(She lives on the other side of the world in a way different culture and I want to know stuff that matters about it!)

So how would I do this through the internet?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis