• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not questions as vague as this one. :laugh:

But seriously: my initial instinct is to say that I don't care, but there are particular types of questions that annoy me, including overly vague questions, leading questions, condescending questions, and questions that totally miss the point.

On that note, I always meant to tell you how admirably calm you seem when politely answering all these questions of the "How does it feel to have a stick up your ass?" or "Do you eat babies for breakfast?" and "What's it like to be of an inferior type?" category.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On that note, I always meant to tell you how admirably calm you seem when politely answering all these questions of the "How does it feel to have a stick up your ass?" or "Do you eat babies for breakfast?" and "What's it like to be of an inferior type?" category.
:blush: Aw shucks. Thank you!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
if you were going to starve to death would you consider eating a baby?

blame [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] for this question
Honestly? Depends on whether or not the baby was already dead, or dying.

/is now going to hell

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Honestly? Depends on whether or not the baby was already dead, or dying.

/is now going to hell

that's pretty sane reasoning actually..

i think that's what any reasonable person would do

is not joking i really am not

Sil

This is a test.
i honestly don't know what we're talking about, and if you don't either than i guess we both can make something up :shrug:

how do you feel about that and other ESTJS?

I only know one real life ESTJ. He's...a character. He's easy to deal with, but he works very hard to make it a challenge.

I tend to get along with ESTJs online much more easily.

Sil

This is a test.
if you were going to starve to death would you consider eating a baby?

Practically speaking, yes. But if faced with having to skin, flay, dismember, and slowly cook parts of a baby before consuming it...I don't know. It would take me awhile to change my perception of the baby from "baby" to "thing."

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do ESTJs pay late fees? Or do you always pay bills on time and return library books on time?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do ESTJs pay late fees? Or do you always pay bills on time and return library books on time?
Depends on the ESTJ.

I almost always return things on time. I ALWAYS pay my bills on time. I'm very serious about that. But I tend to wait until the last minute with a lot of things, because I don't like having excess time. I like using my time as efficiently as possible, and that usually doesn't involve getting things done extremely early.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ESTJs like technology, or are you technology avoidance prone?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do ESTJs like technology, or are you technology avoidance prone?
Also depends on the ESTJ.

I like technology, but tend to not seek it out for its own sake. I'm very utilitarian about tech.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on the ESTJ.

I almost always return things on time. I ALWAYS pay my bills on time. I'm very serious about that. But I tend to wait until the last minute with a lot of things, because I don't like having excess time. I like using my time as efficiently as possible, and that usually doesn't involve getting things done extremely early.

Ha, further validation that I my wife isn't a ESTJ....she can't return a book on time to save her life(just racked up $25 in fines) and constantly misses due dates for things (which is why I pay the bills).....

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Ha, further validation that I my wife isn't a ESTJ....she can't return a book on time to save her life(just racked up $25 in fines) and constantly misses due dates for things (which is why I pay the bills).....

Just a wee reminder that behaviour does not predicate type. Additionally, you are using only one piece of empirical evidence to validate a hypothesis. And, your wife had a stroke when younger, certainly something that has significant behavioural impact to this day. I'd be more interested in her thinking about missing these deadlines -- how does she react thinking-wise to forgetting?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's the most stereotypical ESTJ thing you've ever done?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's the most stereotypical ESTJ thing you've ever done?
I became a supervisor at my job and I LOVED it.

Also one time I was leaving a voicemail and was horrified that I had exactly the same voicemail mannerisms as Lumberg from "Office Space".

á´…eparted

passages
I became a supervisor at my job and I LOVED it.

Also one time I was leaving a voicemail and was horrified that I had exactly the same voicemail mannerisms as Lumberg from "Office Space".

There a professor on campus who I have had to TA for in grad school several times (ISTJ 1w9, there is no way he is any other type) who, I shit you not, is about as close to Lumberg in real life as you can get. It is INFURIATING when I have to TA for him. At this point, I just flagrently disregard his "instructions" out of sight because of how horribly bullshitty and inefficient they are. I've discovered that he's actually pretty meek and I can actually push him around to some extent (and frequently do, which makes some grad students kinda shocked, or worse, mad at me). Few people in the department like him.

A student once asked him "what's your most favorite and fun reaction to run", to which he answered with a reaction that isn't exciting or interesting. He cited "it's efficient". I clarified telling him the student meant something that is just exciting, or colorful, or just neat to look at. He answered with the same thing completely ignoring my clarification like asthetic input didn't exist. I walked away with an angry look on my face, and the student laughed (as he knew I hated him).

Anyway, slight derail over :).

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My INTP boyfriend and I (INFJ) have started going out with a couple that he knows, an ESTJ husband and an unknown type wife. INTP boyfriend and unknown type wife have similar interests and enjoy talking shop with each other. I have enough similar interests to be able to enjoy listening to their conversation; however, I feel that ESTJ husband's interests are not being included. I know of three of his interests: the Civil War, certain old movies and TV shows, and The Walking Dead. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable enough in any of those three areas to hold up my end of a conversation, but I am interested in all of them. My normal ways of starting a conversation about these things has fallen flat. In what ways could I start and sustain a conversation with him about his interests? What do ESTJ's perceive as interesting in conversation partners?

Last edited: