• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Depends on context.
I agree.

I'm for it unless it's a lazy attempt to discredit someone's argument.

In which case, quit with the damn ad hominem already.

12246649_969816683089241_6679099014041836586_n.jpg

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ESTJs ever see themselves as sales representatives?

Eastwood

I've been in sales for the last seven years. (But technically we're all in sales, everyday). Anyways, I'm currently discussing what my type may be. So far there is a perception that I could be ESTJ. I will say I know allot of sales directors and managers that are very ESTJ like. You need to be assertive to close sales. Passive aggression does not cut it in sales. You can make a friend all you want, but ESTJ always knows the right questions to ask (usually hard questions) in order to close a sale. I've seen ESTJ's make a sale with the client unaware they just made a purchase. You need to be competitive too and being organized helps. But ESTP's are still the best at sales, they play the smoke and mirrors game really well!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not selling, but "evangelizing". Or at least that's how I joke about it to my friends. :laugh:

Anyway. I only sell/evangelize the things I believe in. Put me in a situation where I have to sell an inferior product, and I'm going to resent the hell out of it.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you sensitive to certain physical sensations, such as clothes being bunched up in the wrong places? Would something like that bother you?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you sensitive to certain physical sensations, such as clothes being bunched up in the wrong places? Would something like that bother you?
I tend to either not notice or try to ignore that sort of thing. I mean, I'm sensitive to it enough to know that clothes-bunching is bad and means that your clothes don't fit well. And enough to know that clothes bunching leads to discomfort, and discomfort feels... uncomfortable. But being self-pres last in my case means being as "sensotarded" as a sensor can reasonably be.

If I'm more sensitive than the average person to anything in particular, it's noise. Not touch.

Edit: I'm not answering this question well, because I'm having a hard time understanding how clothes-bunching WOULDN'T be uncomfortable. That's a universal thing. You'd have to have less effective pain sensors for that not to be the case. I mean, maybe if the clothing was soft and thin, so it wasn't jabbing into your skin, like if it were a thicker material like denim?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
how do you not become scared? or at least not to the point that you're unable to do something?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tend to either not notice or try to ignore that sort of thing. I mean, I'm sensitive to it enough to know that clothes-bunching is bad and means that your clothes don't fit well. And enough to know that clothes bunching leads to discomfort, and discomfort feels... uncomfortable. But being self-pres last in my case means being as "sensotarded" as a sensor can reasonably be.

If I'm more sensitive than the average person to anything in particular, it's noise. Not touch.

Edit: I'm not answering this question well, because I'm having a hard time understanding how clothes-bunching WOULDN'T be uncomfortable. That's a universal thing. You'd have to have less effective pain sensors for that not to be the case. I mean, maybe if the clothing was soft and thin, so it wasn't jabbing into your skin, like if it were a thicker material like denim?

actually i'm not sure if this is a sensor thing unless i'm a sensor but certain noises and textures make me sick like if i think about them to much i'll start feeling like i want to puke. so i try to avoid them naturally. not as bad as some people, but polyester or that wind breaker stuff i hate the feel. i have a hard time with normal sheets. they either have to be the jersey or flannel style if i have to sleep on normal sheets i wrap myself like a burrito in a blanket so i don't actually have to touch them

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually i'm not sure if this is a sensor thing unless i'm a sensor but certain noises and textures make me sick like if i think about them to much i'll start feeling like i want to puke. so i try to avoid them naturally. not as bad as some people, but polyester or that wind breaker stuff i hate the feel. i have a hard time with normal sheets. they either have to be the jersey or flannel style if i have to sleep on normal sheets i wrap myself like a burrito in a blanket so i don't actually have to touch them
Are you an HSP?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Are you an HSP?

possibly but at times i can be very not HSP. like when i was an infant apparently i didn't cry when needles were poked into me, like things that would hurt must people or make them cry i barely feel. there's been times i've accidently cut myself and didn't notice and then think my toe is really itchy i go to scratch it see my toe is bloody.

it doesn't make sense, i know this because if i don't feel a sharp injury why am i so senstive to certain fabrics?

so don't worry if i sometimes don't make sense to you i often don't make sense to myself, or my experiences you know what never mind

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Anyway. I only sell/evangelize the things I believe in. Put me in a situation where I have to sell an inferior product, and I'm going to resent the hell out of it.
That's when you call Irwin Mainway. :D

Sil

This is a test.
how do you not become scared? or at least not to the point that you're unable to do something?

Remember someone else probably did it already. And I'm not about to be outdone by some nameless fucker.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I worry about my mom being uncomfortable now that it's more difficult for me to straighten her clothing. I wondered if I was focusing on something that might not be a concern to her.

It's good to know about noise. She does seem to have exceptional hearing and is sensitive to noise.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dunno if I've asked this before but what's your relationship with your baby-Fi like?

Also, how/where would you prefer to spend a vacation?