• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you explain how sympathy works for you? How it feels?

What's that look like from start to finish in terms of how you react and handle a situation that demands it?

Curious, since it's not something I relate to.
Hopefully it looks and sounds a lot like empathy. Validating their feelings, saying their emotions back to them. But going by definitions, it's not empathy until you're really feeling what they're feeling.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which parts do ESTJs relate, or do they relate to everything?

How ESTJ asks, "Do you love me?"
  • Will you handle things – can I rely on you?
  • Will you make my life easier, can I relax knowing you’re “on it?”
  • Will you support my career and/or goals and be self-sufficient?
  • Are you loyal?

How ESTJ answers, "Yes! I love you!"
  • I will be endlessly loyal on principle.
  • I will educate myself on you and learn how you operate.
  • I will take pride in you, boasting about your accomplishments even before my own.
  • I will protect you.
  • I chose you. I continue to choose you. Case closed.

And how ESTJs could be perceived: Controlling, distant, “unromantic”

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] Part 2 and part 3 of that were absolutely spot on. :)

Part 1 is right but is not the whole picture. I'll add some things:

How the ESTJ asks "Do you love me?"
  • Will you handle things -- can I rely on you?
  • Are you loyal?
  • Will you still appreciate me and care for me when I can't be a "pillar of strength" anymore?
  • Can you handle the idea of me being vulnerable, multifaceted, and human?

Sil

This is a test.
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

Dunno. Haven't got there yet. If I'm still around on this forum when that happens...nah, who am I kidding. I won't remember this question three hours from now, let alone the distant future.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

Dunno. Haven't got there yet. If I'm still around on this forum when that happens...nah, who am I kidding. I won't remember this question three hours from now, let alone the distant future.

Got to love that brain.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
why are women expected to lie about their age especially younger ones? its gonna be found out eventually especially once their dead, unless they can convince family to fudge the date of birth. but then they'll be dead so it won;t matter

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why are women expected to lie about their age especially younger ones? its gonna be found out eventually especially once their dead, unless they can convince family to fudge the date of birth. but then they'll be dead so it won;t matter
Some women care so much about their youth, their looks, their beauty, etc, that they deny the possibility of aging by lying about their age. I think it's stupid, personally.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] Part 2 and part 3 of that were absolutely spot on. :)

Part 1 is right but is not the whole picture. I'll add some things:

How the ESTJ asks "Do you love me?"
  • Will you handle things -- can I rely on you?
  • Are you loyal?
  • Will you still appreciate me and care for me when I can't be a "pillar of strength" anymore?
  • Can you handle the idea of me being vulnerable, multifaceted, and human?
Yeah, that's just about perfect. :solidarity:

This is something I wrote in your blog awhile back:

SD45T-2 said:
My experience is that people don't quite seem to get it. When I'm struggling with something and having a nervous breakdown, people saying that they expect me to succeed because they think I'm smart just makes things worse. I want to know that they'll still love me if I fail. Is that really so unreasonable? :unsure:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
So I'm an ISFP...but I've had a recent experience that's making me consider if I'm not an SJ, because I think this is Si.... Can you tell me if you think it is?

So I was recently away on a trip. For about 3 weeks. I got back home. Walk through door and start getting all these immediate perceptions. Everything seemed slightly 'off' and different. The furniture seemed to have moved slightly, even though it couldn't have. My shelving seemed to have grown or shrunk, even though it couldn't have. The floors felt different. The ceiling looked different, slightly higher in some rooms and lower in other rooms. I know other SJs on this forum have described those subtle "something feels different" perceptions as Si, so I'm thinking that this is Si. Except my perceptions were all wrong? So is this like shadow Si? Or does this also happen with higher Si like in xSxJ types? Also I noticed that I can use a smell to trigger a memory play back but it only works for bad memories. Is this Si?

Thanks.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I'm an ISFP...but I've had a recent experience that's making me consider if I'm not an SJ, because I think this is Si.... Can you tell me if you think it is?

So I was recently away on a trip. For about 3 weeks. I got back home. Walk through door and start getting all these immediate perceptions. Everything seemed slightly 'off' and different. The furniture seemed to have moved slightly, even though it couldn't have. My shelving seemed to have grown or shrunk, even though it couldn't have. The floors felt different. The ceiling looked different, slightly higher in some rooms and lower in other rooms. I know other SJs on this forum have described those subtle "something feels different" perceptions as Si, so I'm thinking that this is Si. Except my perceptions were all wrong? So is this like shadow Si? Or does this also happen with higher Si like in xSxJ types? Also I noticed that I can use a smell to trigger a memory play back but it only works for bad memories. Is this Si?

Thanks.
Was anything actually different about the house, after all? My instinct is that you were probably experiencing tertiary Ni or something. Si does lead to that exact kind of feeling, but it's easier for us to narrow down what's making us feel that way.

The smell thing is universal, I think.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Was anything actually different about the house, after all? My instinct is that you were probably experiencing tertiary Ni or something. Si does lead to that exact kind of feeling, but it's easier for us to narrow down what's making us feel that way.

The smell thing is universal, I think.

Nothing was actually different that I could tell...it was just the sense that it was. Like shadow Si was messing with me. I do not think this is Ni as my Ni perceptions are usually totally disconnected from the immediate environment rather than about the immediate environment the way these perceptions were - but it certainly could be...

Sil

This is a test.

How many women's funerals are you attending?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you were a proud scientist who had been slighted by the rest of your peers and, in an act of revenge, decided to engineer a serum that would alter the genetic make-up of people forcing them to become the most respectable ESTJ clone possible, what flavor of ice cream would you request as your final indulgence after they rise up against you? Ideally, it would be your favorite flavor.

Sil

This is a test.
If you were a proud scientist who had been slighted by the rest of your peers and, in an act of revenge, decided to engineer a serum that would alter the genetic make-up of people forcing them to become the most respectable ESTJ clone possible, what flavor of ice cream would you request as your final indulgence after they rise up against you? Ideally, it would be your favorite flavor.

Gluten free, sugar free, fat free, diary free bubblegum ice cream.

I don't want to go quietly in the night.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Gluten free, sugar free, fat free, diary free bubblegum ice cream.

I don't want to go quietly in the night.
The bubble gum ice cream has no secrets.

How do you feel about typos being pointed out?