• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now if the other person made a mistake. And everyone knows it. How do you deal with it?
If they know that they made a mistake, and they know what they need to do to solve it, and they know how to avoid the mistake in the future, then there's no point in dwelling on it.

No, I just was pointing out my experience and that of my Te dom friends. We do it different, but they are very effective in their way, which usually is so seamless people don't see it happening.
Huh. So people don't notice Te management happening? Why do you think that is? I had no idea that was a thing.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they know that they made a mistake, and they know what they need to do to solve it, and they know how to avoid the mistake in the future, then there's no point in dwelling on it.

So is that a form of silent treatment or do you just nod and give a thumbs up or do you make light of the situation, crack a joke or .... ?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So is that a form of silent treatment or do you just nod and give a thumbs up or do you make light of the situation, crack a joke or .... ?
It's a way to not embarrass them. Presumably either I or someone else has talked to them about it already, so talking about it any more will just rub it in. Presumably after the initial reprimand they're just about done being told that they screwed up.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a way to not embarrass them. Presumably either I or someone else has talked to them about it already, so talking about it any more will just rub it in. Presumably after the initial reprimand they're just about done being told that they screwed up.

So stiff upper lip treatment then?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So stiff upper lip treatment then?
No. Regular old treatment. Same dynamic, same everything.

I get the feeling that I'm missing some details here. Are you thinking of a very specific kind of situation in which someone screws up? A very specific period after they screw up?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. Regular old treatment. Same dynamic, same everything.

I get the feeling that I'm missing some details here. Are you thinking of a very specific kind of situation in which someone screws up? A very specific period after they screw up?

So it does bother you?

I don't have a specific event. I can only recall the snarling event, where she almost bit off the guy's head when it wasn't even her place/authority to do so.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huh. So people don't notice Te management happening? Why do you think that is? I had no idea that was a thing.

I just see them do it, effortless, especially the ENTJs. They don't build empires without people management skills, after all.

But my ESTJ friend is just able to get people to work with him and do what he wants without arguments or disagreement. He doesn't get emotional in confrontations. He is a rock of an individual. He is so reasonable.

That being said, he is very particular. He has been dating with the purpose of remarriage for about 4 years, but his really high standards and expectations (which he is open about, no hidden agenda, no secret plan) that he isn't satisfied easily. But even his breakups are reasonable..... his ex gf have no grounds for disagreement because they know he is very clear and with impeccable logic.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So ESTJ, why do you attack with frothy foam coming from your mouth?
You mean Bill O'Reilly's recent meltdown with George Will? I think that has more to do with him being a childish prima donna than an ESTJ. :D

Sil

This is a test.
That's good to know. My imagination inserted the the foam part. But they do seem to want to micromanage. This is where the attack comes from. Do you get told by therapists to try and live in the moment?

Therapist? #notarealjob

I ain't paying hacks any o' my hard earned greens.

Edit: bonus question, how does one get on their good side while being themselves?

So long as your true self isn't synonymous with moron we should be good.

Sil

This is a test.
So how do ESTJs want to be treated when they realise they made a mistake and everyone else also knows it?

Acknowledge the fuck up without rubbing it in or elaborating on it. Then move on. I'll beat myself up over it enough to cover for any additional jabs you want to make.

Sil

This is a test.
Now if the other person made a mistake. And everyone knows it. How do you deal with it?

Acknowledge it and move on. Quietly observe whether or not this is a one time screw up or a pattern.

I've found if the person recognizes their error, doing anymore than acknowledging it makes things worse.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Acknowledge it and move on. Quietly observe whether or not this is a one time screw up or a pattern.

I've found if the person recognizes their error, doing anymore than acknowledging it makes things worse.

What is your gender?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Female. Why do you ask?

I'm curious as to why you present yourself differently from others. I want to ask more but I guess this isn't the thread to do so.

Sil

This is a test.
I'm curious as to why you present yourself differently from others. I want to ask more but I guess this isn't the thread to do so.

Differently how?

And ask away. It's the ask an ESTJ thread, and I'm an ESTJ.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Differently how?
I'm trying to figure out that myself.

And ask away. It's the ask an ESTJ thread, and I'm an ESTJ.
I'm pretty sure these questions don't go here, but hey lets see where this goes.

Are you heterosexual?
What is your age group?
Do you work in corporate environment?

Sil

This is a test.
I'm trying to figure out that myself.

I'm pretty sure these questions don't go here, but hey lets see where this goes.

Are you heterosexual?
What is your age group?
Do you work in corporate environment?

Yes.
Millennial, exactly at the halfway point.
Does government count as corporate?

I'm curious to the motivation behind those particular questions.

Also, you're still within thread guidelines, so pretty sue they do go here. Sailor Jupiter can answer them too if she wants.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes.
Millennial, exactly at the halfway point.
Does government count as corporate?

I'm curious to the motivation behind those particular questions.

Also, you're still within thread guidelines, so pretty sue they do go here. Sailor Jupiter can answer them too if she wants.

Do you work in the engineering side as a project administrator like water or sewage/waste management, electrical? Or the dreaded IT section as a business analyst?

Sil

This is a test.
Do you work in the engineering side as a project administrator like water or sewage/waste management, electrical? Or the dreaded IT section as a business analyst?

Funny how IT is more dreaded than waste management.

Nah, I work in marketing. Someone has to sell this bad boy to the masses.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny how IT is more dreaded than waste management.

Nah, I work in marketing. Someone has to sell this bad boy to the masses.

What do you do in marketing (department) ?