• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've used a dishwasher... three times? in my life? Some people really do live charmed lives.

Sorry mnestic, serves me right for night reading properly. (Though it really did strike me as a strange argument for an ESTJ to be making.)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! :D Which part of the clarification?
And yes, I should be paid... :yes: Open your hearts - and your pocketbooks (as they say in the Televangelist community)!

All of it--you prevented a brutal beat-down. He doesn't even know you and yet he owes his life to your timely intervention.

Mainly because you helped me see he's worried about my situation and not because he thinks I'm incompetent or worse, that I haven't given this careful thought! :shock: I don't question people like that--well, not out loud at any rate. Plus, he has the awful habit of interrupting me when I'm trying to explain things but I've learned to tell him to STFU and let me finish. The floor will be open for questions after I finish (warningly swishes bat).

I am kind of disappointed though about him not making a good target for teasing. That really made me droop. Ah, well...

I'm short on cash, though--perhaps an excellent meal will suffice? I'm a bit of a gourmet cook. I heard ESTJs got a thing for food.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Answer to the dishwashing problem:
1) Get yourself an ENTP
2) Get into his/her head that dishwashing is the best way to get ideas.

@ Redbone: food is probably a good idea :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All of it--you prevented a brutal beat-down. He doesn't even know you and yet he owes his life to your timely intervention.
Sigh... :wub: It's times like these when I remember why I started the thread in the first place.
Mainly because you helped me see he's worried about my situation and not because he thinks I'm incompetent or worse, that I haven't given this careful thought! :shock: I don't question people like that--well, not out loud at any rate.
You'd be surprised at how many people feel like that about ESTJs. It's ridiculous. At least five people have posted on this thread talking about how their respective ESTJs think they're so much better than them, and I always tell them that being critical is pretty much the ESTJ way of trying to be helpful.
Plus, he has the awful habit of interrupting me when I'm trying to explain things but I've learned to tell him to STFU and let me finish. The floor will be open for questions after I finish (warningly swishes bat).
That method is perfect. I know because I have the same problem as your ESTJ. :doh:
I am kind of disappointed though about him not making a good target for teasing. That really made me droop. Ah, well...
Teasing can be okay if it's gentle, and/or if you're making fun of them for something that they're not sensitive about, and/or if they KNOW that you are on the good side of that fine line between teasing and mocking.
I'm short on cash, though--perhaps an excellent meal will suffice? I'm a bit of a gourmet cook. I heard ESTJs got a thing for food.
You're a gourmet cook??? :wub:
I would ABSOLUTELY work for gourmet food! :happy2:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
EJCC, I was dressed and ready for you but you STOOD ME UP. I thought we had a connection and I really liked you!

walking_away.jpg

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear fellow ESTJs-

Do you also have approximately five thousand different interests and only a little bit of knowledge about each, or is this just me?

Also, do you often find yourself compelled to say aloud the thing that everyone is thinking but no one else has the courage to say out loud?

I know I have more questions, but those are the two I've been thinking about tonight.

Squishy hugs,
mnestic

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJCC, I was dressed and ready for you but you STOOD ME UP. I thought we had a connection and I really liked you!
Aw, I'm sorry raz :hug: But you never told me where and at what time I should meet you... :(
Do you also have approximately five thousand different interests and only a little bit of knowledge about each, or is this just me?
I'm like that for the most part, but I'm not sure how many other ESTJs are. I have a reputation among my friends for being the Queen of Random Factoids, because every time I wonder something about something, I look it up as soon as I can, and if I think the fact is cool, I make a point of telling everyone about it. But for the most part, my interest in those five thousand things is limited to everything except the "gory details". Sometimes I'll ask someone, say, a science-related question, and then halfway through the answer I'll think "Never mind! I don't care anymore! It's too technical!"

I still have interests that I know a lot about. But sometimes I feel like I don't know a lot about them, because other people my age just have one or two interests and practically dedicate their entire lives to them.

I could go on and on about this topic... :doh: ... so I'd better stop.
Also, do you often find yourself compelled to say aloud the thing that everyone is thinking but no one else has the courage to say out loud?
YES. :yes: If I didn't, I'd be ashamed of myself. SOMEONE has to stand up there and do something when no one else will! And if no one else is standing up, how can I know for certain that anyone EVER will?? When there's a huge problem, someone has to be the squeaky wheel, and it might as well be me. :soapbox:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
heartbreaker! we need to be more precise about our date....let's get out eachother's organizers?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
heartbreaker! we need to be more precise about our date....let's get out eachother's organizers?
Heartbreaker? :( I don't mean to be...

But as for the detailed planning idea: absolutely. :D When are you free this week?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a reputation among my friends for being the Queen of Random Factoids, because every time I wonder something about something, I look it up as soon as I can, and if I think the fact is cool, I make a point of telling everyone about it. But for the most part, my interest in those five thousand things is limited to everything except the "gory details". Sometimes I'll ask someone, say, a science-related question, and then halfway through the answer I'll think "Never mind! I don't care anymore! It's too technical!"

YES. I am also full of random knowledge!

In ways I'm sure I come across like a curious little kid. I ask *tons* of questions because there's so much in the world that interests me. I think that's the main reason I'm addicted to the Internet- I'm constantly looking up things I'm curious about.

I also have moments when I'm interested in everything *except* the gory details. It's hard to express that, though, when, hey, you asked the question, so obviously you MUST be interested. :doh:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YES. :yes: If I didn't, I'd be ashamed of myself. SOMEONE has to stand up there and do something when no one else will! And if no one else is standing up, how can I know for certain that anyone EVER will?? When there's a huge problem, someone has to be the squeaky wheel, and it might as well be me. :soapbox:

Yeah--this is why the ESTJ I know had no problem instructing a struggling skater who happened to venture into his airspace. I was horrified--"Why did you do that?" He shrugged and said, "She needed help--why not?"
Or why he had no problem picking up the phone to call the front desk wanting to know WTF wouldn't my curtains close so that the morning sun wouldn't shine right in my face...

I guess it's just my introverted squeamishness--I had to grow up cringing from stuff like this because my oldest sister is an ENTJ. She can physically harm people with words alone!!!! :yes:

Y'all just can't he'p yourselves, can you?

(Blesses hearts of all ESTJs--along with teasing disclaimer).

EJCC--please don't keep raz hangin'. I'll even play enabler by being you guys cook and server for the evening for all your fine community work here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also have moments when I'm interested in everything *except* the gory details. It's hard to express that, though, when, hey, you asked the question, so obviously you MUST be interested. :doh:
Exactly.
Or why he had no problem picking up the phone to call the front desk wanting to know WTF wouldn't my curtains close so that the morning sun wouldn't shine right in my face...
I've done very, very similar things before :D And in an especially righteously indignant way when it's with regard to an injustice happening to someone I care about. And I'd say that it's DEFINITELY an injustice when a curtain - unable to do its job as a light-blocker - blinds my SO every morning. :yes:
Y'all just can't he'p yourselves, can you?
Nope. :cheese:
(Blesses hearts of all ESTJs--along with teasing disclaimer).
I :wub: Southern politeness/passive-aggressiveness.

EJCC--please don't keep raz hangin'. I'll even play enabler by being you guys cook and server for the evening for all your fine community work here.
Why thank you for the lovely offer! Let's all coordinate our schedules. *gets out her planner and fancy monogrammed pen*

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

I'm leaving in the morning for the big apple, my darling. I'm sorry, but I will not be able to make a date. Perhaps I should get your phone number to arrange something at a later date?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a question *raises hand*

My partner is XSTJ, he tested ESTJ when he took the test alone and ISTJ when he did it with me around. English is not his first language but he speaks it very well...however there were a few questions in the test he asked me to explain.
To get to the question....
Would a football manager be more likely to be an ESTJ or an ISTJ?
Thats it. Ta.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm leaving in the morning for the big apple, my darling. I'm sorry, but I will not be able to make a date. Perhaps I should get your phone number to arrange something at a later date?
Perhaps. ;)
Thanks for the invite, EJCC!
No problem! :D Be sure to post here if you have questions/answers/things to say with regards to ESTJs and/or previous posts on the thread.
I have a question *raises hand*

My partner is XSTJ, he tested ESTJ when he took the test alone and ISTJ when he did it with me around. English is not his first language but he speaks it very well...however there were a few questions in the test he asked me to explain.
To get to the question....
Would a football manager be more likely to be an ESTJ or an ISTJ?
Thats it. Ta.
I know very little about that topic, but I would think that, because ESTJs are more likely to be aggressive/loud/stating their opinions without any reserve, they'd be better at the job.

soapninja

MBTI Type
eSTJ
Perhaps. ;)

No problem! :D Be sure to post here if you have questions/answers/things to say with regards to ESTJs and/or previous posts on the thread.

I know very little about that topic, but I would think that, because ESTJs are more likely to be aggressive/loud/stating their opinions without any reserve, they'd be better at the job.

I agree. If an ESTJ has an opinion about something, you'll hear about it.