User Tag List

Page 95 of 259 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

All Natural! All Good! Array

ESTJs, what do you consider a waste of time? Do you beat yourself up about "wasting time" by doing these things?

Thanks .

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Again. And again. And again...
    Especially if it's an opinion about their issues with something/someone. Unless the problem gets fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    ESTJs, what do you consider a waste of time?
    Well, for me, there are really two categories of time-wasters:
    1. Things that are fun fluff and, even though they aren't productive, are a good reward for doing productive things. (For me, that includes posting here. Also, video games.)
    2. Things that have no benefit for anyone and are time-sucking nightmares!!!! (For me, this includes "Bejeweled Blitz" on Facebook, and, say, posting on a blog that almost no one reads.)
    Do you beat yourself up about "wasting time" by doing these things?
    I'll ALWAYS feel bad about #2. And I'll feel bad about #1 if it's not in moderation, and/or if I'm not counterbalancing it with something productive.
    Thanks .
    No problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, for me, there are really two categories of time-wasters:
    1. Things that are fun fluff and, even though they aren't productive, are a good reward for doing productive things. (For me, that includes posting here. Also, video games.)
    2. Things that have no benefit for anyone and are time-sucking nightmares!!!! (For me, this includes "Bejeweled Blitz" on Facebook, and, say, posting on a blog that almost no one reads.)

I'll ALWAYS feel bad about #2. And I'll feel bad about #1 if it's not in moderation, and/or if I'm not counterbalancing it with something productive.

No problem!
    Wow, EJCC, you sound so disciplined . "no benefit for anyone"...interesting... I usually rationalize things like that by saying it benefits me haha. I don't know, I guess productivity makes the most sense in reference towards a goal...it doesn't exist in a vaccum. So I'm guessing your goals are clearly defined.
    Thanks for this, though. I know a (confirmed) ESTJ who feels bad almost constantly for wasting time or not doing something "useful" (in his words, productive I guess is similar). I wonder if this is because he has a single goal in mind, or a single way he "should" be doing things, and when he doesn't adhere to it he gets upset about it. Oh well.
    Btw, I realize not all ESTJs are the same, so I'm not going to directly extrapolate this to the guy, or something like that .
    Thanks again, I appreciate the response!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Wow, EJCC, you sound so disciplined .
    I suppose. I wish I was more disciplined, though. I wish I never wasted any time at all. If everything was divided into helpful/useful/caring things and rewards for those things, I'd be happy
    I don't know, I guess productivity makes the most sense in reference towards a goal...it doesn't exist in a vaccum. So I'm guessing your goals are clearly defined.
    ABSO-friggin-LUTELY! You've just discovered one of the key ESTJ traits - we know what we want, when we want it, and how to get it, and if we don't, we find out as soon as possible. Uncertainty is our enemy. And as Jock and soapninja and I mentioned earlier: We've got opinions. We like to share them. And we have them on pretty much everything.
    Thanks for this, though. I know a (confirmed) ESTJ who feels bad almost constantly for wasting time or not doing something "useful" (in his words, productive I guess is similar). I wonder if this is because he has a single goal in mind, or a single way he "should" be doing things, and when he doesn't adhere to it he gets upset about it. Oh well.
    The bolded is 100% what it is. It's like a subconscious internal list of ways that things should be. And if things aren't like that, we are not happy. This applies to a lot of things with ESTJs...

The bolded is 100% what it is. It's like a subconscious internal list of ways that things should be. And if things aren't like that, we are not happy. This applies to a lot of things with ESTJs...
    How much of this (the bolded) is based on Si, do you think? Is it influenced greatly by input from society?
    Either way, it does clarify things for me with respect to the friend. Thanks again and sorry for all the questions .

MBTI
    ENTP

I know my ESTJ as making a very strict division between work and play. If there's work to be done, it should happen first. If there isn't, nobody needs to be productive. He can really be lazy.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How much of this (the bolded) is based on Si, do you think?
    It's probably a lot of Si, but I don't know enough about Si to be entirely sure. I know a lot about the extraverted functions, and I understand Ni enough to figure that it makes people practically psychic compared to a thick-headed ESTJ like me, but I don't quite get Si.
    Is it influenced greatly by input from society?
    Not as much as you'd think. If it were mostly based on my environment growing up, I'd probably have a set of values more fitting to an INTP or INFJ (i.e. my parents' types), or to some other hippie NF (because those were the types of people that ran the private school I spent K-8 in), but nevertheless, my set of values is pretty typically ESTJ: honesty, loyalty, dependability, trustworthiness, strength, politeness, etc. That leads me to believe that it's mostly just my subconscious (Fi?) interpretation of what makes a person "good", that I've developed since childhood without realizing it.
    Either way, it does clarify things for me with respect to the friend. Thanks again and sorry for all the questions .
    You're welcome, and don't apologize - answering questions is what I'm here for
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I know my ESTJ as making a very strict division between work and play. If there's work to be done, it should happen first. If there isn't, nobody needs to be productive. He can really be lazy.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. Does your ESTJ get sad if he spends too many days with nothing productive to do? I've come to the conclusion that ESTJs might be more ill-suited to retirement - or unemployment - than any other type...

Also, a question for other ESTJs: Do you get bored often? I'm hardly ever bored, because I'm really talented at finding stuff to do.

Ok, interesting. Thanks again. Btw I don't think you're thick-headed .
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Also, a question for other ESTJs: Do you get bored often? I'm hardly ever bored, because I'm really talented at finding stuff to do.
    I was just talking about this in the "13 facts about you" thread! I am NEVER bored. I want to say "I'm never bored, especially because I have the Internet" (and can therefore learn MOAR RANDOM USELESS FACTS), but really, I wouldn't be bored if I *wasn't* online, either. There's always something to do or something to think about.

When people say they're bored, it makes me want to :rolli:, though I know that not everyone is of my type. Sigh.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Ginkgo

ESTJs -

I revolt against your structured work/play dichotomy, for it is false and confining! GRRG!!