User Tag List

Page 94 of 259 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have a reputation among my friends for being the Queen of Random Factoids, because every time I wonder something about something, I look it up as soon as I can, and if I think the fact is cool, I make a point of telling everyone about it. But for the most part, my interest in those five thousand things is limited to everything except the "gory details". Sometimes I'll ask someone, say, a science-related question, and then halfway through the answer I'll think "Never mind! I don't care anymore! It's too technical!"
    YES. I am also full of random knowledge!

In ways I'm sure I come across like a curious little kid. I ask *tons* of questions because there's so much in the world that interests me. I think that's the main reason I'm addicted to the Internet- I'm constantly looking up things I'm curious about.

I also have moments when I'm interested in everything *except* the gory details. It's hard to express that, though, when, hey, you asked the question, so obviously you MUST be interested.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

YES. If I didn't, I'd be ashamed of myself. SOMEONE has to stand up there and do something when no one else will! And if no one else is standing up, how can I know for certain that anyone EVER will?? When there's a huge problem, someone has to be the squeaky wheel, and it might as well be me.
    Yeah--this is why the ESTJ I know had no problem instructing a struggling skater who happened to venture into his airspace. I was horrified--"Why did you do that?" He shrugged and said, "She needed help--why not?"
    Or why he had no problem picking up the phone to call the front desk wanting to know WTF wouldn't my curtains close so that the morning sun wouldn't shine right in my face...

I guess it's just my introverted squeamishness--I had to grow up cringing from stuff like this because my oldest sister is an ENTJ. She can physically harm people with words alone!!!!

Y'all just can't he'p yourselves, can you?

(Blesses hearts of all ESTJs--along with teasing disclaimer).

EJCC--please don't keep raz hangin'. I'll even play enabler by being you guys cook and server for the evening for all your fine community work here.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    I also have moments when I'm interested in everything *except* the gory details. It's hard to express that, though, when, hey, you asked the question, so obviously you MUST be interested.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Or why he had no problem picking up the phone to call the front desk wanting to know WTF wouldn't my curtains close so that the morning sun wouldn't shine right in my face...
    I've done very, very similar things before And in an especially righteously indignant way when it's with regard to an injustice happening to someone I care about. And I'd say that it's DEFINITELY an injustice when a curtain - unable to do its job as a light-blocker - blinds my SO every morning.
    Y'all just can't he'p yourselves, can you?
    Nope.
    (Blesses hearts of all ESTJs--along with teasing disclaimer).
    I Southern politeness/passive-aggressiveness.

EJCC--please don't keep raz hangin'. I'll even play enabler by being you guys cook and server for the evening for all your fine community work here.
    Why thank you for the lovely offer! Let's all coordinate our schedules. *gets out her planner and fancy monogrammed pen*
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

Let's make this showy! Array raz's Avatar
    MBTI
    LoLz

I'm leaving in the morning for the big apple, my darling. I'm sorry, but I will not be able to make a date. Perhaps I should get your phone number to arrange something at a later date?

MBTI
    eSTJ

Thanks for the invite, EJCC!

Let me count the ways Array Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have a question *raises hand*

My partner is XSTJ, he tested ESTJ when he took the test alone and ISTJ when he did it with me around. English is not his first language but he speaks it very well...however there were a few questions in the test he asked me to explain.
    To get to the question....
    Would a football manager be more likely to be an ESTJ or an ISTJ?
    Thats it. Ta.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I'm leaving in the morning for the big apple, my darling. I'm sorry, but I will not be able to make a date. Perhaps I should get your phone number to arrange something at a later date?
    Perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
    Thanks for the invite, EJCC!
    No problem! Be sure to post here if you have questions/answers/things to say with regards to ESTJs and/or previous posts on the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I have a question *raises hand*

My partner is XSTJ, he tested ESTJ when he took the test alone and ISTJ when he did it with me around. English is not his first language but he speaks it very well...however there were a few questions in the test he asked me to explain.
    To get to the question....
    Would a football manager be more likely to be an ESTJ or an ISTJ?
    Thats it. Ta.
    I know very little about that topic, but I would think that, because ESTJs are more likely to be aggressive/loud/stating their opinions without any reserve, they'd be better at the job.
    - Captain America

MBTI
    eSTJ

Perhaps.

No problem! Be sure to post here if you have questions/answers/things to say with regards to ESTJs and/or previous posts on the thread.

I know very little about that topic, but I would think that, because ESTJs are more likely to be aggressive/loud/stating their opinions without any reserve, they'd be better at the job.
    I agree. If an ESTJ has an opinion about something, you'll hear about it.

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
    I agree. If an ESTJ has an opinion about something, you'll hear about it.
    Again. And again. And again...