User Tag List

Page 93 of 259 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I've used a dishwasher... three times? in my life? Some people really do live charmed lives.

Sorry mnestic, serves me right for night reading properly. (Though it really did strike me as a strange argument for an ESTJ to be making.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Thanks! Which part of the clarification?
    And yes, I should be paid... Open your hearts - and your pocketbooks (as they say in the Televangelist community)!
    All of it--you prevented a brutal beat-down. He doesn't even know you and yet he owes his life to your timely intervention.

Mainly because you helped me see he's worried about my situation and not because he thinks I'm incompetent or worse, that I haven't given this careful thought! I don't question people like that--well, not out loud at any rate. Plus, he has the awful habit of interrupting me when I'm trying to explain things but I've learned to tell him to STFU and let me finish. The floor will be open for questions after I finish (warningly swishes bat).

I am kind of disappointed though about him not making a good target for teasing. That really made me droop. Ah, well...

I'm short on cash, though--perhaps an excellent meal will suffice? I'm a bit of a gourmet cook. I heard ESTJs got a thing for food.

MBTI
    ENTP

Answer to the dishwashing problem:
    1) Get yourself an ENTP
    2) Get into his/her head that dishwashing is the best way to get ideas.

@ Redbone: food is probably a good idea
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    All of it--you prevented a brutal beat-down. He doesn't even know you and yet he owes his life to your timely intervention.
    Sigh... It's times like these when I remember why I started the thread in the first place.
    Mainly because you helped me see he's worried about my situation and not because he thinks I'm incompetent or worse, that I haven't given this careful thought! I don't question people like that--well, not out loud at any rate.
    You'd be surprised at how many people feel like that about ESTJs. It's ridiculous. At least five people have posted on this thread talking about how their respective ESTJs think they're so much better than them, and I always tell them that being critical is pretty much the ESTJ way of trying to be helpful.
    Plus, he has the awful habit of interrupting me when I'm trying to explain things but I've learned to tell him to STFU and let me finish. The floor will be open for questions after I finish (warningly swishes bat).
    That method is perfect. I know because I have the same problem as your ESTJ.
    I am kind of disappointed though about him not making a good target for teasing. That really made me droop. Ah, well...
    Teasing can be okay if it's gentle, and/or if you're making fun of them for something that they're not sensitive about, and/or if they KNOW that you are on the good side of that fine line between teasing and mocking.
    I'm short on cash, though--perhaps an excellent meal will suffice? I'm a bit of a gourmet cook. I heard ESTJs got a thing for food.
    You're a gourmet cook???
    I would ABSOLUTELY work for gourmet food!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Let's make this showy! Array raz's Avatar
    MBTI
    LoLz

EJCC, I was dressed and ready for you but you STOOD ME UP. I thought we had a connection and I really liked you!

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Dear fellow ESTJs-

Do you also have approximately five thousand different interests and only a little bit of knowledge about each, or is this just me?

Also, do you often find yourself compelled to say aloud the thing that everyone is thinking but no one else has the courage to say out loud?

I know I have more questions, but those are the two I've been thinking about tonight.

Squishy hugs,
    mnestic
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    EJCC, I was dressed and ready for you but you STOOD ME UP. I thought we had a connection and I really liked you!
    Aw, I'm sorry raz But you never told me where and at what time I should meet you...
    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    Do you also have approximately five thousand different interests and only a little bit of knowledge about each, or is this just me?
    I'm like that for the most part, but I'm not sure how many other ESTJs are. I have a reputation among my friends for being the Queen of Random Factoids, because every time I wonder something about something, I look it up as soon as I can, and if I think the fact is cool, I make a point of telling everyone about it. But for the most part, my interest in those five thousand things is limited to everything except the "gory details". Sometimes I'll ask someone, say, a science-related question, and then halfway through the answer I'll think "Never mind! I don't care anymore! It's too technical!"

I still have interests that I know a lot about. But sometimes I feel like I don't know a lot about them, because other people my age just have one or two interests and practically dedicate their entire lives to them.

I could go on and on about this topic... ... so I'd better stop.
    Also, do you often find yourself compelled to say aloud the thing that everyone is thinking but no one else has the courage to say out loud?
    YES. If I didn't, I'd be ashamed of myself. SOMEONE has to stand up there and do something when no one else will! And if no one else is standing up, how can I know for certain that anyone EVER will?? When there's a huge problem, someone has to be the squeaky wheel, and it might as well be me.

MBTI
    LoLz

heartbreaker! we need to be more precise about our date....let's get out eachother's organizers?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    heartbreaker! we need to be more precise about our date....let's get out eachother's organizers?
    Heartbreaker? I don't mean to be...

But as for the detailed planning idea: absolutely. When are you free this week?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Heartbreaker? I don't mean to be...

But as for the detailed planning idea: absolutely. When are you free this week?