esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    *still scheming ESTJ flirting tactics*
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Why do you insist on doing chores frequently, when they'll just need to be done soon anyway? Why not let it build up until you HAVE to get them all done.

Case in point: doing the dishes.

NOTES: Time walking to and from sink = 60 seconds. Turning on the faucet = 1 second. Putting on gloves = 2 seconds. Turning faucet off = 1 second.

Scenario 1: You wash a dish after each use. You have 30 dishes a week that you use one at a time.

Scenario 2: Wash all the dishes when you have no more clean plates.

Time savings as a result of 1 bulk washing (Scenario 2) = (64 seconds)*(30 dishes) = 1920 seconds - 64 seconds = 1856 seconds, or 30.93 minutes.

Think of all the things you ESTJs can knit/nit-pick during that time!
    Dude, tell those facts and calculations to ANY ESTJ, and they'll change their minds! You've certainly convinced me.

Seriously. That was the best ESTJ-language-speaking I've seen from any non-ESTJ here in a VERY long time. Cheers to you, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    The biggest one for me is that I'm supposed to be conservative and have an unhealthy attachment to orthodoxy. I'm as liberal as they come! I definitely have a keen sense of right and wrong for myself, and a strong idea of what is right and wrong, politically, but it's certainly not conservative or orthodox. II don't have a distaste for people who don't conform to "the norm", either. I'm a polyamorous vegetarian agnostic-atheist, for fuck's sake! I used to have pink and purple hair! :steam:

Also, I don't have much interest in holidays. I like tradition for it's own sake, but I haaaate the holiday season. I'm good at remembering birthdays, and I'm big on celebrating anniversaries (both of relationships and personal anniversaries). Still, I'm not a fan of celebrating holidays for their own sake.

I think I am much more flexible and less managerial than ESTJs are "supposed" to be, but like you said previously, that could have a lot to do with my ambivalence when it comes to E/I and N/S.

The last one I can think of right now is that all of the recommended ESTJ careers sound boring as hell.
    I'm glad I asked that question, since your answer completely changed my mind. Out of all the reasons you listed, only the bolded could likely be explained by being on the border on E and S. The rest are common complaints with ESTJs - and I used to complain about them too. I think it all comes down to how you define "orthodoxy" and "tradition". After all, everyone's definition of "tradition" is different, and everyone is raised with different traditions. I'm pretty liberal myself (though not agnostic, and never in my life with multicolored hair), but there are still things that I have stereotypes about, and things that I consider traditional that I don't want to go away. (For example, I hate e-readers (like the Amazon Kindle) with a passion, and I get mad at people who say that newspapers are a dying breed.)

Also, I think ESTJs can function well in most jobs if they want to (except jobs that require a lot of Fe, like therapy or social work).
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

*still anticipating the final product of the scheming and pretending like she isn't*
    Friday night. You, me, lots of cuddling, playful fun and mutual admiration. Be there.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Friday night. You, me, lots of cuddling, playful fun and mutual admiration. Be there.

That was EXCELLENT ESTJ flirting, raz.

Very very good!

If only guys in the real world talked like that...

Gotta get me an ISTJ boyfriend, I guess!
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC
    there are still things that I have stereotypes about, and things that I consider traditional that I don't want to go away. (For example, I hate e-readers (like the Amazon Kindle) with a passion, and I get mad at people who say that newspapers are a dying breed.)

Also, I think ESTJs can function well in most jobs if they want to (except jobs that require a lot of Fe, like therapy or social work).
    I try to rid myself of my stereotypes, but am not as good at it as I'd like to be. I *am* prone to making snap judgments about people, which are more often than not COMPLETELY WRONG.

I don't want a Kindle myself, because I love books (books as room decoration, the feeling of a book in my hands, the smell of old books...!) but I can understand how it would be appealing to other people. And it breaks my heart to think of newspapers as a dying breed, even though I get all of my news online.

It's funny that you mentioned therapy/social work as a poor ESTJ job choice. My degree is in psychology, and I was pretty sure that I wanted to go into clinical psych, until I took clinical psych courses during my last year of college. Taking on other people's problems 40 hours per week? DO NOT WANT.

Also, I am glad to hear that those things I mentioned were common ESTJ complaints. I sometimes wondered if I was mistyped, or doing something wrong.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    It's funny that you mentioned therapy/social work as a poor ESTJ job choice. My degree is in psychology, and I was pretty sure that I wanted to go into clinical psych, until I took clinical psych courses during my last year of college. Taking on other people's problems 40 hours per week? DO NOT WANT.
    Exactly. Psychology is awesome on paper, but when you actually have to deal with PEOPLE... *shudder*

Also, I am glad to hear that those things I mentioned were common ESTJ complaints. I sometimes wondered if I was mistyped, or doing something wrong.
    Nope. It's just that ESTJs aren't exactly the most common in MBTI circles*, so it takes a certain degree of guesswork for non-ESTJs (and for that matter, I'm guessing, non-SJs) to write about them.

*Take this forum, for example. By my calculations, the total number of regularly posting ESTJs right now is... three.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    *Take this forum, for example. By my calculations, the total number of regularly posting ESTJs right now is... three.
    I might be going after a certain ESTJ than with a lack of a variety of experiences with them. Eekgads!

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

but when you actually have to deal with PEOPLE... *shudder*

Careful now, you sound like an introvert.

ESTJs aren't exactly the most common in MBTI circles*, so it takes a certain degree of guesswork for non-ESTJs (and for that matter, I'm guessing, non-SJs) to write about them.
    YES. I think there is a dearth of S-typed people who are interested in MBTI at all. Which surprises me. I had someone on this forum tell me that they'd never met an S-type who was interested in MBTI, which surprises me. I like it, even though it's by no means perfect, because it provides a great shorthand for explaining something so complicated as personality. The S in me likes it because it has real-world implications. There are types I get along with better than others, and the more I understand my type, my self, the happier I am.

I think that ESTJs are stereotyped and villified by people who are interested in type. Which frustrates me.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Mnestic, your dish washing method sounds an awful like a cockroach-attracting method as well. But cool to see another ESTJ around here!

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Thanks, it is good to be here!

I didn't even enter the dishwashing conversation! Dishwashing is the only chore I'd say I honestly hate, so I am torn between my natural urge to keep things tidy, and my feelings of disgust about dishwashing.:eek: I try to clean as I go, but sometimes I just postpone it until I'm out of forks. My last apartment had a dishwasher. I miss it.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ