Page 9 of 259 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

Senior Member Array WickedQueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    If someone in your inner circle were to surprise you by doing something nice for you, what would it be?
    I don't really like surprise, actually.

Are you the only SJ in your family? Was it difficult having two N parents?
    No, my brother is SJ. Having two N parents? Hmm... never thought about that. I guess not, they would help me developing my N.

How do you celebrate birthdays? Do you like to have traditions that carry on?
    I have no birthday tradition. But I remember I love to celebrating birthday by myself or with some close friends.

If you were mad at someone, would they know it?
    Yes, definitely. I will make them notice that I'm angry and why.

What kinds of things disappoint you?
    Broken promises and bullshit.

If you were picking out a new car, what features would take priority? Style? Brand? Public perception? Economy?...
    Red Ferrari.

Do you tend to keep in touch with people who do not live in the same place as you?
    If they were my close friends, yes I will. But not regularly.

How do you feel about talking on the telephone?
    What's wrong with that?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Would you marry an INTP?
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    Sure.
    It hasnt to come THAT far ! There is always an entp to marry for at least 2-3 weeks in the first place
    Closer.to.Heaven
    Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.
    ~Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Would you marry an INTP?
    Depends on the INTP. Depends on the ESTJ.
    But I agree. I might.
    Last edited by EJCC; 06-15-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: A fail. Didn't notice page 9...
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here is a question that has been answered before by you (EJCC) to me, but I figure that the rest of the community would be interested in hearing this also and WickedQueen could also answer.

It's pretty much a forum fad that ESTJs and INFPs don't really get along, but I disagree with that. I know that there is hope for these two types to get along. It depends majorly on the people involved, but type still is a factor here.

So here's the question, how do you ESTJs think that INFP-ESTJ relations can be improved? Most of the issues seem to be with communication I've noticed, and that the two people will seem totally foreign to each other. Etc.

Broad question I know (I apologize)... But one that I'm sure a lot of people want answered.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My copied-and-pasted answer from earlier is below:

Miscommunication is definitely a problem between ESTJs and INFPs, since INFPs are one of the most dreamy types, and ESTJs are probably the most grounded in reality, in my experience. They just live in completely different worlds.

I'm not sure how I would make relations with ESTJs easier. I get the feeling that ESTJs aren't as aware of what makes INFPs so different, so they don't realize that they actually need to WORK at the friendship, not go blindly into it. So usually with bad ESTJ-INFP relationships, the ESTJ would be at fault for being so inherently relationship-stupid.

Now, I think I'm kind of an exception here (not to the relationship-stupid thing - that describes me pretty well too), because for some reason almost all of my friends are N, so I'm used to being on a different wavelength from them. Also, most of my N friends are introverted, so with them I make sure that I give them some space. INFJs especially - if they've got something going on and won't talk to me about it, I've learned to walk away. But I'm guessing that most ESTJs haven't had the experience that I've had with dreamy INxx's, so they wouldn't necessarily know what's expected. Also they wouldn't know that it's OKAY to have no effing clue how their minds work! You can still be friendly if they make zero sense to you. (My relationship with an ENTP friend is a good example of this - I've known her for years, and I still don't understand her AT ALL.)

Besides that, I guess - well, I was reading an article a while back about how whever there are problems in a relationship with one person getting angry about small things that the other person does, then the solution is not to stop the small things from happening; the solution is to get over it. That's the way they are. I know that many INFPs hate ESTJs just for being so status quo, and for "trying to force their beliefs on other people". I know that based on my limited experience with INFPs, I don't like how incredibly inaccurate they can be, and how they can seem so intellectual and hyperarticulate and still frickin' pronounce "nuclear" like "nook-yoo-lurr"!!! But if ESTJs and INFPs can just learn to ACCEPT the annoying qualities of the other, then I have no doubt that relationships between them would go smoother. (That's WAY harder than it sounds, since they're both stubborn types based on my experience, but I'm speaking hypothetically.)
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ... still frickin' pronounce "nuclear" like "nook-yoo-lurr"!!!
    My dad does this and it annoys the shit out of me; especailly after years of carpal to cranial impacts for misspronouncing words, myself.

On topic: Us INFPs could handle stating WTF is wrong instead of waiting for the other to assume what's wrong as well.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    On topic: Us INFPs could handle stating WTF is wrong instead of waiting for the other to assume what's wrong as well.
    Good I wasn't sure, considering the fear of conflict thing. But that would be helpful, probably - I'm guessing that out of the two types, INFPs would be quicker to understand what's wrong.
    - Captain America

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It hasnt to come THAT far ! There is always an entp to marry for at least 2-3 weeks in the first place
    So back to the topic on ESTJs having sex with me !

Whom do I need to bribe ?
    Closer.to.Heaven
    Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.
    ~Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So here's the question, how do you ESTJs think that INFP-ESTJ relations can be improved? Most of the issues seem to be with communication I've noticed, and that the two people will seem totally foreign to each other. Etc.
    I have an INFP bestfriend. We rolling eyes a lot for each other when we're together, but...

I help her make up her mind and she teach me how to treat other person with heart (not just with head).

I talk and she listen. She talk and I (force myself to) listen.

She laugh at my jokes and she throw me with socks if I didn't laugh at her jokes.

I hug her when she cries and she leave me alone when I had my breakdown.

She encourage me to have the most impossible dreams, and I encourage her to be more confident in a party.

I clean up her mess and she gives me creative ideas.

She cook for me and I make sure she stay away from scumbags.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So back to the topic on ESTJs having sex with me !

Whom do I need to bribe ?
    No one. Just ask her straightly what she needs you to do to make her agree to having sex with you. Amazed her.

Page 9 of 259 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast