User Tag List

First 3979878889909199139189 Last

Results 881 to 890 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

  1. #881
    don't fence me in sui generis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Reading back in the thread a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    An example of an ESTJ being convinced that something is true=
    ESTJ: That's not true! What about ____ and _____? Everyone knows about THOSE.
    xxxx: Well, actually, check out these statistics from (insert credible source here). Also, here's why your logic is wrong... ___________.
    ESTJ: ... Huh. Okay.

    The "huh. okay." is their way of saying "I'm convinced now. I'll register that as fact from now on, and argue your side if the argument comes up again."
    It could also mean: "God damn it, you're right. I can't believe I just spent all that time arguing the wrong side! I'll make a dismissive statement so we can move on to a different topic and I can avoid my severe and acute embarrassment."
    NAIL. HIT. ON. THE. HEAD. What you've just said is VERBATIM what I'd say (or not say) in an argument when I've just been owned, and exactly what I'm saying in my head afterwards.

    Now that I'm grown, I am less likely to get sulky about being proven wrong, and more able to learn from other people. Maturity FTW!
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

    approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

  2. #882
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You should definitely make a list like that. Should I post on the ISTJ question thread, so you have an excuse to make one?
    Please ask it on the ENTP one! I'm already trying to find the ENTP ingredients...

    What about the stick-in-the-mud ESTJ? The one like Vernon Dursley from Harry Potter, or Auto from Wall-E? The one who is so bent on avoiding new, strange, abnormal things that he'll do really crazy things himself?
    Vernon Dursley doesn't want to know his nephew is going to a magic school and in order to deny that abnormality, he shuts every crack in his house and flees all over the country. Auto follows his directive - business as usual - and in order to do that, he locks up the captain (which is not business as usual)...
    I'd think that one tastes like flour.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  3. #883
    inside the lines EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,941

    Default

    ^Yeah, I think either flour or water. Flour makes sense for boring and stick-in-the-mud, but water makes sense to me because it always makes things blander, and less strong/unusual tasting. And sometimes that watering down is very hard to undo.

    p.s. I posted on the ENTP and ISTJ question threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #884
    don't fence me in sui generis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Flour-flavored ESTJ? DO NOT WANT.

    But what if that kind of ESTJ is made out of flour AND water? Like the paste that you make for preschoolers? Makes them all the more stick-in-the-mud-y.

    Anyway, *shudder* I'd like to think I'm more like hot peppers.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

    approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

  5. #885
    inside the lines EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    Flour-flavored ESTJ? DO NOT WANT.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, we were interpreting the question as ingredients, and not flavors. So (thank god) no one has to deal with flour-flavored ESTJ in the immediate future!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #886
    Saponi Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Raises hand:

    Why is my good ESTJ driving me nuts with questions about "what am I going to do?" I have a complex situation going on. I've thought about it and made plans. I told him what my plans are but he keeps asking me what am I going to "do" or how I'm going to "execute" this. He likes to give me advice and talk to me like I haven't considered anything...

    I have to repeatedly tell him, "I've got this..." to which he replies, "Yeah but..." or "I know that you know _________ but I'm just telling you." No, you're wasting my time by telling me something I already know. Cut it out, why cantcha?
    Why does he do this? What in Hades does he want to hear? That I have pressed the instant button and all is fixed? I don't see why he cannot understand that it will take some time for all of these plans to unfold.

    I always feel like he's questioning my competency...:steam:

  7. #887
    inside the lines EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Raises hand:

    Why is my good ESTJ driving me nuts with questions about "what am I going to do?" I have a complex situation going on. I've thought about it and made plans. I told him what my plans are but he keeps asking me what am I going to "do" or how I'm going to "execute" this. He likes to give me advice and talk to me like I haven't considered anything...

    I have to repeatedly tell him, "I've got this..." to which he replies, "Yeah but..." or "I know that you know _________ but I'm just telling you." No, you're wasting my time by telling me something I already know. Cut it out, why cantcha?
    Why does he do this? What in Hades does he want to hear? That I have pressed the instant button and all is fixed? I don't see why he cannot understand that it will take some time for all of these plans to unfold.

    I always feel like he's questioning my competency...:steam:
    It makes sense that you would feel that way, but he doesn't mean to annoy you. Your ESTJ is acting that way because he cares. Not because he's questioning your competency, but because he's concerned about you. See, when he says "I know you understand this, but I'm going to tell you anyway", he actually doesn't know that you understand it, but he's saying that so that he won't get the response "Of course I know that! How can you think that I'm so stupid???" He's cushioning the blow. I'm guessing that he keeps giving you advice and asking you what your plans are because he's worrying and wants reassurance. He wants to make sure you (and the situation) are taken care of.

    I've been guilty of this on a number of occasions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #888
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Is it wrong if I think you're so hot after that ESTJ flavors description?


  9. #889
    inside the lines EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Is it wrong if I think you're so hot after that ESTJ flavors description?
    It's pretty much never wrong when someone thinks I'm hot

    ...unless the person is old and/or creepy.

    EDIT (after checking out the Picture Time thread): ...But, raz, you are neither creepy nor old, so it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #890
    Saponi Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It makes sense that you would feel that way, but he doesn't mean to annoy you. Your ESTJ is acting that way because he cares. Not because he's questioning your competency, but because he's concerned about you. See, when he says "I know you understand this, but I'm going to tell you anyway", he actually doesn't know that you understand it, but he's saying that so that he won't get the response "Of course I know that! How can you think that I'm so stupid???" He's cushioning the blow. I'm guessing that he keeps giving you advice and asking you what your plans are because he's worrying and wants reassurance. He wants to make sure you (and the situation) are taken care of.

    I've been guilty of this on a number of occasions...
    I guess I'll put away my bat then. *Grumpily settling down*

    I know he cares...he was right there for me when my mother passed away. And he knows I have made many a trip around the levels of hell and doesn't want me to keep being a frequent visitor.

    But good gravy--he can drive me utterly nuts!! I really don't get it--not too many other people can get to me but he sure as hell does. I wonder if it's some special ESTJ touch...

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [ISFJ] How to ask an ISFJ out?
    By Grungemouse in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] How do you spot an ESTJ female?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts