• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This was actually a joke/light sarcasm as to needing burocratic proceedings in a home. Na, just trying to get a sense of ESTJ females if I can since they are one of the more common types I could possibly work with in a relationship.
Oh, you meant at HOME. Whoops. :doh: That actually is pretty funny. :D
Yeah, at home, you'd just need to have the facts laid out in your head. (There would almost definitely be some interrogation, but don't mistake it for arguing - they just want to have all the necessary information.)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, you meant at HOME. Whoops. :doh: That actually is pretty funny. :D
Yeah, at home, you'd just need to have the facts laid out in your head. (There would almost definitely be some interrogation, but don't mistake it for arguing - they just want to have all the necessary information.)

Well, you've just made the prospect of a relationship with an ESTJ less scary in a real way rather than just a theoretical one. ^_^

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well thank you! Glad I could help... even if I had a little trouble getting your points... and your jokes. I do have a sense of humor! Really!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, you got what I needed you to get and were patient enough to track it down. I purposely clouded what I was saying by a couple levels away from what I consider public consumption to see where the misunderstandings would happen as well. The only thing that sucks is that you were the only one to answer.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YOU...
...are crafty.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm glad you got a good result, though :)

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... Are there any other questions?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be interested in that answer as well.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Erm... what sort of fluff do you mean? Conversational fluff? What would be an example of "fluff"?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have two [main] questions! :D

I'm not that great with "womanly advice", which is to be expected, considering my type :)

1) ^Why is this to be expected?- Are ESTJ's not really women-like? :huh: (My mother is an ESTJ, I think. :peepwall:)
2) What does EJCC stand for? :D:D (Hey, you said any questions that only an ESTJ could answer! :yes:)

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a question!

If one could make an ESTJ giddy, what MBTI type would that be? My ESTJ mother seems to have a penchant for ISFP's. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like the posts that said: dear ESTJ.
Oh, fluff like THAT... ok. Well, when I'm in the mood (which I WAS, during the "dear ESTJ - entropie's gonna kill me!"/"help me conquer the world?" part of the thread), it's a lot of fun... but then I get impatient with it, and remember that the point was to get stuff done, so I do what I can to get everything back on task.
In fact, I think that whole section of the thread is a good piece of evidence as to how ESTJs handle fluff.

1) ^Why is this to be expected?- Are ESTJ's not really women-like? :huh: (My mother is an ESTJ, I think. :peepwall:)
I don't think we're "feminine" in the traditional sense. Some articles I've read have stated that ESTJ is one of the most masculine types (or THE most masculine type). I don't think of myself as masculine, but I don't usually think of myself in gender terms. I notice sexism all the time, naturally, and get righteously indignant about it, but... you know.
Plus, "womanly advice" in the traditional sense usually involves helping with the human aspect of things... which I'm not very good at. I know quite a few men (mostly Fs) who are better with "womanly advice" than I am, since my response (in my head, not aloud) will sometimes tend to be "Don't talk to me if you want to complain about your life's problems. Talk to me if you actually need ADVICE about how to FIX those problems!" (This might be an F/T thing...)

2) What does EJCC stand for? :D:D (Hey, you said any questions that only an ESTJ could answer! :yes:)
Top secret. You don't have the necessary clearance. Sorry! :D
Feel free to make something up, though, if you want, and we can just pretend that that's what it stands for. :)

I have a question!

If one could make an ESTJ giddy, what MBTI type would that be? My ESTJ mother seems to have a penchant for ISFP's. :D
Hm... probably a silly type. I can see ISFPs being silly enough (but quiet enough) to bring out the silly in an ESTJ. I have an ISFP friend who I'm pretty goofy around, but I don't exactly get hyper around him. I'm inclined to say (for ME, anyway)... INTPs. But any type that's silly, but able to make room for the huge personality of a hyperactive ESTJ, would be good.
Probably not ISTJs, INTJs, ESFJs or INFJs, though. They would probably just shake their heads at me.

matilda

Hm... probably a silly type. I can see ISFPs being silly enough (but quiet enough) to bring out the silly in an ESTJ. I have an ISFP friend who I'm pretty goofy around, but I don't exactly get hyper around him. I'm inclined to say (for ME, anyway)... INTPs. But any type that's silly, but able to make room for the huge personality of a hyperactive ESTJ, would be good.
Probably not ISTJs, INTJs, ESFJs or INFJs, though. They would probably just shake their heads at me.

It's interesting that you are attracted to silly types. Most ESTJs I've met do not appreciate Silly. Or maybe you just want us to think you don't.. :smile:

I've a question! What can ESTJs 1) appreciate 2) bear and 3) not be able to tolerate when it comes to their opposite type (INFPs)?

ESTJs me thinks are brimming with common sense;
usually the no BS type;
when fixed on a goal will do anything & everything to be able to achieve it.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
As long as it's legal. ENTJ's are the really ruthless and unpredictable ones.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's interesting that you are attracted to silly types. Most ESTJs I've met do not appreciate Silly. Or maybe you just want us to think you don't.. :smile:
Well, I like silly people outside of work (or when I need a distraction from work), but when they can't stop being silly in a work situation or some other one where they need to be serious, THAT bugs me. So, I don't like relentlessly silly people, which is why I used INTPs as an example of good-silly; they can be serious much of the time, but other times they're as silly as silly can be :)

I've a question! What can ESTJs 1) appreciate 2) bear and 3) not be able to tolerate when it comes to their opposite type (INFPs)?
1. How they deal with people's problems, or read people. I admire that immensely, because I have no talent for it. Plus, they're generally nice, friendly people, and they generally mean well, which is very important, and more than one could say for other types (including my own).
2. Miscellaneous things about them - interests, etc. Pretty much everything between the loves and hates.
3. Their fear of conflict (which goes for pretty much all other NFs, too), and, most importantly, their lack of attention to detail/efficiency. One example: an INFP teacher I had who was about to show us a powerpoint. "I hope you're satisfied with this, because it took me four hours to make!" she complained. And then she showed it to us... and it was full of pointless little graphics. "I was having fun experimenting," she said. This sort of thing drives me up the wall.
Another thing that bugs me (though this is kind of the case with all Fs, for me), is that when I don't know them well, I have NO IDEA if they like me or not, because they're genial to pretty much everyone. I like to know where I stand with people.

ESTJs me thinks are brimming with common sense;
usually the no BS type;
when fixed on a goal will do anything & everything to be able to achieve it.

As long as it's legal. ENTJ's are the really ruthless and unpredictable ones.
Overall, they are. However, if an ESTJ thinks the law is unjust or unfair or generally doesn't make sense to them, they won't care that much about following it. (They might feel a little guilty about it afterwards, but they'll rationalize it to the point that they'll forget about the whole issue.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do ESTJs have either crude or sophisticated tendencies, or is this entirely dependent on the individual ESTJ?

Are ESTJs generally tolerant, intolerant (or both) of those who are different from what they expect, and to what degree, in which situations?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure, Athenian, if my answers to your questions will apply to all ESTJs (they're a little broad), but they're excellent questions, and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Are ESTJs crude or sophisticated?
I think it really depends. I mean, everyone's a little bit of both, but I suppose whether an ESTJ would lean in one direction or another would depend on whether their family/friends/culture was sophisticated or not. I'd say that in this case, nurture is more influential than nature. (You know how we can be with peer pressure...)

Are ESTJs generally tolerant, intolerant (or both) of those who are different from what they expect, and to what degree, in which situations?
Again, it depends. If their different-ness makes them difficult to deal with (e.g. if they have bad social skills, or they won't stop talking no matter what), then I might not want to be around them. I might be indifferent to them, or respond them with one word answers, or something along those lines. But if they're different in a way that I find to be harmless (e.g. wearing an outrageous costume to a social gathering when costumes weren't expected), then I may even find that different-ness to be charming, and it might draw me to them. You might get an immediate reaction like "Whoa... that's weird", but I get over that fast once it's proven to me that you're actually cool, despite/because of your weirdness.
But that answer really only applies in social situations.
In work situations, if the person's different-ness interferes with their ability to work and to get things done efficiently (or if I find it offensive), then I'm not okay with it. Otherwise, you know, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, and so on and so on. :)
So I guess, if my answers apply to other ESTJs, we can be quite intolerant at first, but we're fairly easily convinced that different people are cool. (It's my personal belief that NFs can be WAY more closed-minded than ESTJs are, because their beliefs are so much more... personal, for lack of a better word.)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't think we're "feminine" in the traditional sense. Some articles I've read have stated that ESTJ is one of the most masculine types (or THE most masculine type). I don't think of myself as masculine, but I don't usually think of myself in gender terms. I notice sexism all the time, naturally, and get righteously indignant about it, but... you know.
Plus, "womanly advice" in the traditional sense usually involves helping with the human aspect of things... which I'm not very good at. I know quite a few men (mostly Fs) who are better with "womanly advice" than I am, since my response (in my head, not aloud) will sometimes tend to be "Don't talk to me if you want to complain about your life's problems. Talk to me if you actually need ADVICE about how to FIX those problems!" (This might be an F/T thing...)
So you don't want to get married like [most] other girls? And you don't like to talk to other girls? :huh:

Top secret. You don't have the necessary clearance.

:boohoo: