• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Entropie wins for getting my gender right! :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If he wins you that easily, then I am not so sure I can trust your ability not to be bribed by my opposers.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I'm not sure if I would want my boss to be one to miss something as obvious as the ginormous bolded gender declaration in my signature. :)
No, I'm just kidding. I'll help you out, still. But maybe if you two came to some sort of power sharing agreement?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FEMALE could also mean an extremely extraverted feeling male.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My excuse is I have a tiny window and was only looking at the statement, not the signature. And it is quite a valid statement.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

An extremely Fe ESTJ would be an interesting sight.
My Fe's pretty developed... but still.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An extremely Fe ESTJ would be an interesting sight.

That's assuming the person reading your signature is also looking at your type, which is not huge and bolded. My point is fair. :(

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's assuming the person reading your signature is also looking at your type, which is not huge and bolded. My point is fair. :(

^ 2 points for valid reasoning. You can definitely be my chef.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aw. :( Of course your point is fair. Sorry about that. Trying to make conversation.

Hate to pause/stop our lovely divergence, but do you guys have any more ESTJ-specific questions? Possibly serious ones? Possibly not?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love you SJs with your strict sense of direction :D

But no. I am just here to plot, and derail. On accident. I never said I chose this position.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a serious one.

How would I, as an INTP, get an ESTJ to utterly and completely respect me beyond all reason?

(I do realize that asking an ESTJ is not how one would attempt this, but there's a serious angle I wish to explore with this question!)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Basically ESTJs are Fe-males. If you would interprete that in a stereotypical way. Cause they are ultimately strong at both Fe and Te, they just got no ideas how to have a great idea and that's exactly why EJCC and me are going to bed now together.

Cu you all later guys, EJCC will be availiable again, monday afternoon :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Basically ESTJs are Fe-males. If you would interprete that in a stereotypical way.
Whoa. That's actually really true. At least, in western society, where women are encouraged to develop their Fe.
...Wow. I've got to remember that. That's pretty cool.

Cause they are ultimately strong at both Fe and Te, they just got no ideas how to have a great idea and that's exactly why EJCC and me are going to bed now together.

Cu you all later guys, EJCC will be availiable again, monday afternoon :)
Ouch. :(
LOL. Sure.
Wishful thinking? :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You've got no idea ma'am, ;)

*bows down politely and goes to bed to get the bottle of vodka he drank today out of his system*

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
Would an ESTJ mother have rose-coloured spectacles when evaluating their children, or would they be brutally honest? My mother's an ESTJ and she always insists how pretty I am, how great a figure I have, etc. Is this merely her way of trying to boost my confidence, or is she being honest? Or is she just being a proud mother who stares at a vulture and sees a swan?

She swears she's being objective, but I'm still sceptical.

I think she is telling you the truth.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, here I am being the oblivious ESTJ again. Sorry. "You know" what?
Do you mean, liked you for your mind/personality, versus liking you for your body? Or do you mean liking you as a friend, versus liking you as something more?

EDIT: Sorry about the thread derailment before. I hope you can still navigate it OK, INTPatricia.

EDIT AGAIN: I forgot to answer FluffyWolf's question!
Here's a serious one.

How would I, as an INTP, get an ESTJ to utterly and completely respect me beyond all reason?

(I do realize that asking an ESTJ is not how one would attempt this, but there's a serious angle I wish to explore with this question!)
Ooh, I'm curious now. Let's see if I can do this well.
Someone had a question earlier about how to get an ESTJ's respect. Same thing here: prove yourself to them. In the case of INTPs, all the ones I know, I feel like I have to almost babysit, because their work schedules/methods are so erratic that I get worried, and don't trust them. So, I guess you'd have to prove that you can, in fact, get everything done without any of their supervision.
But with regard to the "beyond all reason" part... You'd have to essentially blow their minds with how awesome you are. You'd have to exceed their expectations of you by so much and in so many areas that they couldn't deny your superiority. You'd have to beat them in their self-imposed hierarchy by many levels.
Why do you ask? :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spend, like money-wise? I dunno. Not a lot. You don't need extravagant shelves. Whatever shelves will get the job done. If they were a little pricey, the ESTJ would be fine if you proved to them that you NEED those particular shelves, and you couldn't find them cheaper.
(I wonder how many times I've used the phrase "get the job done" in this thread... :))

Hmmm, when I hear the phrase "find X cheaper" I get a little on edge because I was brought up to do it right the first time with the right materials. Some things require a little strength to bare the load required of them...

Would it be easier to just draw up a whole proposal on it with all the math and data presented?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, when I hear the phrase "find X cheaper" I get a little on edge because I was brought up to do it right the first time with the right materials. Some things require a little strength to bare the load required of them...
Oh, of course. Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that cheapness was more important than quality. I guess I wasn't very clear; I meant that you should try to make a fiscally responsible purchase. It should be sturdy, and, like I said, should get the job done (I said that phrase again! :D), but shouldn't cost too much.

Would it be easier to just draw up a whole proposal on it with all the math and data presented?
Well, I don't have all the details on the situation, but... this is a business expense? With company funds? Then yeah, actually, that would be a better idea. Better for book-keeping, anyways. So okay, good plan.
It would help for you to be there in person, giving supplemental data. If the ESTJ is like me, he'll have a lot of questions. If you argue your point to the ESTJ like you did to me, then there shouldn't be a problem.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, of course. Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that cheapness was more important than quality. I guess I wasn't very clear; I meant that you should try to make a fiscally responsible purchase. It should be sturdy, and, like I said, should get the job done (I said that phrase again! :D), but shouldn't cost too much.

Ah, good, it's just hard to tell what a person may see as too much to spend. ^_^

Well, I don't have all the details on the situation, but... this is a business expense? With company funds? Then yeah, actually, that would be a better idea. Better for book-keeping, anyways. So okay, good plan.
It would help for you to be there in person, giving supplemental data. If the ESTJ is like me, he'll have a lot of questions. If you argue your point to the ESTJ like you did to me, then there shouldn't be a problem.

This was actually a joke/light sarcasm as to needing burocratic proceedings in a home. Na, just trying to get a sense of ESTJ females if I can since they are one of the more common types I could possibly work with in a relationship.