User Tag List

First 1858666768697078118168 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

How do you think you'll act/behave in your absolute worst day?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ That's a really hard question... I'm not sure if this is right, but here goes:

I think on my very worst day, I'll be mean and unfeeling towards other people, and at the same time, I'll be moody and angry and wallowing in some variety of angst. I won't want to be around anyone, and if they talk to me, I'll be cold and cruel to them in response.

It probably REALLY depends on the ESTJ, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Do you ever get stuck in that mode? If so why? What can other people around you best do to help get you out of it (or maneuvre around you?)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ I've never been in that mode. On many occasions throughout my life, I've been in a mode almost identical to that, but it quickly turns into a self-pity mode after I start feeling embarrassed by my behavior.

I pretty much never get stuck in the mode. Whenever I get upset (and I mean the broadest definition of "upset"), I get out of it pretty quickly, unless it's a special case. If it's a special case, it'll go from the "mode" defined above straight to feeling really, really sad.

But to make this simpler: To help with the "mode", I would recommend just leaving me alone, and letting me be in my own world for a while, so I can calm down. But to help with the extreme that VERY RARELY comes after the "mode", I'd recommend offering me something fun to do that will cheer me up (or, if you're a friend, offering to go see a movie or go to a party or something later on in the day), and, most importantly, to help me forget about whatever just happened. Don't talk to me about it - I'd rather just forget about it and move on to something else.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

ESTJs don't strike me as being likely to cheat or lie about what they were doing. If they were to do so, what circumstances would be most likely to bring that about?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    ESTJs don't strike me as being likely to cheat or lie about what they were doing. If they were to do so, what circumstances would be most likely to bring that about?
    We might lie if we 1. Really really really REALLY don't want to talk about a particular thing (e.g. if an ESTJ's boyfriend loses their job, and someone asks the ESTJ how he's doing, the ESTJ might say "Oh, he's fine," because they don't want to go into all that nonsense)*, or 2. it would prevent public embarrassment/making themselves look bad (e.g. "Truth or truth - are you a virgin?" "Erm, uh, of course not! Eheheh."), or 3. some other reason that doesn't come to mind at present.

We might cheat if... well, say an ESTJ is in school, and taking a very very very easy Literature class that they think is stupid and a waste of their time. They might cheat in that class because 1. they have no respect for the class, and 2. they're 100% certain that they can get away with it. I've known many ESTJs who have used SparkNotes (despite it being disallowed) and refused to read the readings in this exact situation, and, ironically, they do so out of principle.

*Although, in situations similar to (but not as direct as) those, I think we'd be more likely to say nothing than to lie.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What about cheating in a relationship or lying about what they were doing?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh, I'm sure they'd lie in that sort of situation. That might actually fall under the category of "Not wanting to have to deal with the other person's reaction to it", like in my previous post. Although I have a very hard time relating to that particular example, because people who cheat in relationships make me very very angry and I have a hard time relating to them.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Okay, this is a multi-parter:

If an xNxP says something characteristically off-the-wall/off topic and an xSTJ just gives the xNxP that sort of perplexed and unamused look, what should xNxP do to return to the normal conversation? Should they crack a joke to ease the tension? Should they acknowledge their gaffe, or is that an even greater blunder? Or am I possibly reading more awkwardness into the situation than might actually exist? What do ESTJs really think when xNxPs start going on an odd Ne tangent in the middle of a pleasant conversation?
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

MBTI
    ENTP

Never underestimate the Ne of an ESTJ.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women