User Tag List

First 1656646566676876116166 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Are you particularly good at sports? Are you drawn to athletics in general? I know two ESTJs who coach tennis among other things. They can hit a ball with the kind of precision that could kill a bird and it's no big deal to them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ I think it really depends. Some ESTJs are good at sports, e.g. football. Some are just athletic, e.g. joggers, bike riders. I, personally, was never any good at sports, and therefore never did them, because I didn't want to get involved in a sport where I had no chance of winning. However, I'm drawn to athletics - I enjoy working out, even if I'm not that fit, and I "get in the zone" when I work out, and feel better for it afterwards. And every ESTJ I've known (i.e. three or four people including me) has enjoyed exercise of some kind.

But I don't have a lot of evidence to back that up...
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

To add to the statistics: hubby doesn't really care about sports. He rides the bike to his work and now and then we go out swimming. There's no link with winning as far as I know.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Yeah, maybe not then. I know very few ESTJs, so not really going on much there. But they're exceptional at what they do. Maybe it's more of a work ethic that I'm noticing.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

How does it feel like to be a female ESTJ? Have you met any female ISTJs and what similarities/differences are there?
    Many people on here are guessing that I'm either ESTJ or ISTJ and I'm curious as to how different they might be, especially since I seem to be more expressive than most ISTJs (like my dad, who is really stoic and I have never seen him cry before) but still relate more to introverts on most of the other stuff.
    And... it's rare to find female xSTJs online or offline, or at seems like it for me, so I can't really find any HUGE similarities between anyone and I... Also, I don't seem to fit into society as well as they portray SJs to be, kinda like an oddball so I was wondering how much gender role is affecting that or if it affects that at all.
    Thanks!
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

I think I'd rather be an estj.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    How does it feel like to be a female ESTJ? Have you met any female ISTJs and what similarities/differences are there?
    My cousin (a sophomore? in high school) is an ISTJ and a girl. I'm a WHOLE LOT sillier than her. I think she brings out the Ne in me - I'll be making silly jokes, and she'll just raise an eyebrow at me, or shake her head. Also, her sense of humor is darker - like a less weird version of NT humor, I think. Her beliefs are also, I think, deeper held than mine are, which has less to do with the beliefs and more to do with her personality; i.e. it seems like many of her beliefs are so deeply held that she can't express them to the extent that she feels them, and therefore if you disagree with her, you CANNOT REASON WITH HER. I have yet to convince her of anything, ever. Whereas, I'd like to think that, no matter how deeply I believe something, given the right amount of evidence to the contrary, from credible sources, I'd change my mind.

Many people on here are guessing that I'm either ESTJ or ISTJ and I'm curious as to how different they might be, especially since I seem to be more expressive than most ISTJs (like my dad, who is really stoic and I have never seen him cry before) but still relate more to introverts on most of the other stuff.
    And... it's rare to find female xSTJs online or offline, or at seems like it for me, so I can't really find any HUGE similarities between anyone and I... Also, I don't seem to fit into society as well as they portray SJs to be, kinda like an oddball so I was wondering how much gender role is affecting that or if it affects that at all.
    Thanks!
    It's probably gender. I've noticed that xSTJ descriptions online are very... manly. There are GREAT BIG HUGE PARAGRAPHS of ESTJ descriptions that I don't even remotely relate to. For example, from personalitypage.com, I relate to this very, VERY well:
    their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.
    But I don't relate to this:
    They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive.
    ^This, I think, comes from being female, because I don't naturally step into leadership roles because I'm afraid of failure and/or embarrassing myself, which, I've read somewhere (in a "Men are from mars, women are from venus"-type thing) is more feminine than masculine.

But I'm still definitely an ESTJ. I'm just less aggressive, and (depending on who you talk to) a warmer and friendlier person than one would expect an ESTJ to be. Gender affects it, as does how I was raised. If I were you, I'd try to break it down function-wise, or into the most universal of type descriptions.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

You are awesome. Just came here to tell you that. And that I love this thread.

(When I have a question, I will definitely come here ).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My cousin (a sophomore? in high school) is an ISTJ and a girl. I'm a WHOLE LOT sillier than her. I think she brings out the Ne in me - I'll be making silly jokes, and she'll just raise an eyebrow at me, or shake her head. Also, her sense of humor is darker - like a less weird version of NT humor, I think. Her beliefs are also, I think, deeper held than mine are, which has less to do with the beliefs and more to do with her personality; i.e. it seems like many of her beliefs are so deeply held that she can't express them to the extent that she feels them, and therefore if you disagree with her, you CANNOT REASON WITH HER. I have yet to convince her of anything, ever. Whereas, I'd like to think that, no matter how deeply I believe something, given the right amount of evidence to the contrary, from credible sources, I'd change my mind.
    Ah, I think I see what's wrong. When I am the one sprouting the jokes, I'm the one being silly. However, when my friends make silly jokes or rebutt one of my jokes, I end up being the one who shakes my head! (Well, half smiling) As for opinions, I do get stubborn most of the times. I blame them for not being able to change my mind, it's not my fault they aren't giving me enough evidence or don't sound convincing enough. *hides*

It's probably gender. I've noticed that xSTJ descriptions online are very... manly. There are GREAT BIG HUGE PARAGRAPHS of ESTJ descriptions that I don't even remotely relate to. For example, from personalitypage.com, I relate to this very, VERY well:
    their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.
    But I don't relate to this:
    They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive.
    ^This, I think, comes from being female, because I don't naturally step into leadership roles because I'm afraid of failure and/or embarrassing myself, which, I've read somewhere (in a "Men are from mars, women are from venus"-type thing) is more feminine than masculine.
    My goodness, I fully relate to what you said about yourself! :o I am very direct in speech and expressions, I find it too hard, unnatural and dishonest to mask my emotions when interacting with others. Because of that, I'm totally not stolid at all. In fact, when provoked, my emotional outburst can rival that of an Fe's. (Probably learnt that from my hot-tempered mum. :P)
    Leadership wise, I would very much love it if someone else capable enough is leading because I'm afraid of messing things up and also because I'm plain lazy.

But I'm still definitely an ESTJ. I'm just less aggressive, and (depending on who you talk to) a warmer and friendlier person than one would expect an ESTJ to be. Gender affects it, as does how I was raised. If I were you, I'd try to break it down function-wise, or into the most universal of type descriptions.
    I can't relate to 3/4 of the profile types they have for ISTJs, the only parts that I agree with was placing high stakes in security. The profile that I relate to the most so far is this:
    The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion
    I heard that socionic's ITSp is equivalent to MBTI's ISTJ, though I'm not sure how similar they are.

Thanks for clearing most of the stuff up, I guess I'll start a new thread asking more xSTJs to clear up on incorrect stereotypes attached to those typings tomorrow... (It's 3:30am over here currently, you see. )

Have a nice day! ^^
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

A question for the female ESTJs...

An ESTJ young woman (my main character, indeed) has fallen in love with a nice ISFJ. She is almost sure she's in love herself. She thinks he's in love with her, but she's very unsure about that.
    The ISFJ is her friend now. She doesn't want to lose that relationship by beginning a love one.

Will she try to give hints and make him guess she's interested? - like a Feeler does?
    Or will she just go to him and say "I've fallen in love with you."? - despite a firmly-rooted "the man takes the initiative" tradition?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink: