User Tag List

Page 63 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@INTPness: It would be horrible. It would mean that no one would ever listen to me - that is, if you include suggesting things to people as "dictation", as well. People would walk all over me! I would have no voice! Honestly, you'd think that that would be anyone's worst nightmare... but maybe ESTJs more so than others?

I was put in a situation like that once, at a leadership seminar, where I was chosen, without my knowledge, to be the one person in the group who was constantly asked for advice, and whose ideas were consequently shut down. (Whoever thought that was a constructive team exercise should be slapped, and I want to be the one to do it.) I had to lock myself in a room and cry afterwards - and I'm really, REALLY not the type of person who does that. It was horrible (essentially my worst nightmare realized).

@BMEF: Give him a little Christmas present and a note/card! It's not too late Maybe something relating to the subject he teaches? I had a U.S. History teacher once, an ESTx, who was given by some of his students a shirt that said "Jefferson Davis: Most likely to secede", and he wore it pretty much every day after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    My dear ESTJ friends, how can I make my favorite teacher (an ESTJ) feel like he is the best teacher in the world?
    Don't know, but if you succeed, do tell me how you've done so. I want to be a math teacher one day.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Haven't read the first 60-some pages of this thread, but........

What if you NEVER got to be in charge of anything ever again? What if you woke up one morning and found yourself in a world where you were dominated in your marriage, at work, and all the other hours of the day? You weren't able to dictate ANYTHING.

Would it be like...hell on earth?
    That would suck.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    My dear ESTJ friends, how can I make my favorite teacher (an ESTJ) feel like he is the best teacher in the world?
    Say (or write on a card): "You've taught me so much, thank you."
    You can add some examples to it and specific things you've learnt from him.

At least to me, this would be the best compliment a student can give. Though I'm not an ESTJ, I am a teacher... and I'm sure that, in this situation, "teacher" is more important than type.

The primary goal of every good teacher is to make their students more competent at the field they are teaching. Let him know that he has reached his goal!

I'm answering more questions on the "ask an ESTJ" thread than on the "ask an ENTP" thread ...
    If I say I'm an APESTJ (aspirant part-time ESTJ), am I allowed to answer questions here? Please?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I was put in a situation like that once, at a leadership seminar, where I was chosen, without my knowledge, to be the one person in the group who was constantly asked for advice, and whose ideas were consequently shut down. (Whoever thought that was a constructive team exercise should be slapped, and I want to be the one to do it.) I had to lock myself in a room and cry afterwards - and I'm really, REALLY not the type of person who does that. It was horrible (essentially my worst nightmare realized).
    That makes me frustrated to even read that. :steam:

"Jefferson Davis: Most likely to secede"
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I'm answering more questions on the "ask an ESTJ" thread than on the "ask an ENTP" thread ...
    If I say I'm an APESTJ (aspirant part-time ESTJ), am I allowed to answer questions here? Please?
    Sure! As long as you're qualified to answer them. For instance, fidelia has answered a lot of questions on here, because her ex is an ESTJ. Same with MDP2525. And since you were a teacher, you were qualified to answer that last one. So feel free!

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I know, right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sure! As long as you're qualified to answer them.
    If this isn't a real ESTJ speaking here!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    If this isn't a real ESTJ speaking here!

MBTI
    ENTP

What would you prefer?

An ENTP getting the job done in her crazy outside-the-box way of doing, needing a lot more time (but all the while creating other things) than you would need to complete the same task...

or

An ENTP trying to get the job done in a conventional way, maybe needing less time than in the other way but being frustrated the whole time...

MBTI
    ISTP

I think a job like that may be better left done to someone who wouldn't be as bored by it. But I think that in general we're more concerned with the results than with the progress, so if the first way happens to get the job done more efficiently and it works better over time, that may be the way to go. Though we often have strict-set ways on how to get certain jobs done, I know from experience that some individuals have their own ways of doing things that can't really be changed. I spent a couple of weeks of summer 2008 tutoring my ADHD 10-year old neighbor in math, and I remember his mother telling me that he has his own but somewhat slower way of figuring things out. If the result would come out and it was good, it made no difference to me than if he had gotten it done faster. I want to be a math teacher, so this was a helpful experience for me and it's good to be able to handle an unconventional method of handling something.

I don't know if my specific situation would relate directly to your "creating other things" that you refer to, but I think it's pretty similar and would be my best answer to your question.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Seconded. It's the results that matter most in the end. We may shake our heads (internally) at your crazy thought processes, but "as long as the job gets done"... (That's how I am with my ENTP friend, anyway.)