User Tag List

First 646545556575866106156 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That's a really good point! Thanks for posting. I hadn't thought about that before. And thanks for your other input, too. Sometimes (but NOT ALL THE TIME), people who know ESTJs know them better than they know themselves.
    I've been mulling that around in my head for a bit, and...
    "Trying to know yourself" or "defining yourself" or "trying to be authentic"... I just can't imagine an ESTJ doing that!
    Just add "by introspection" to the sentences above and you're right into INFP terrain...

I'm not trying to define or understand myself. To me, I am not that interesting - MBTI is. I'm using myself (and husband, and others) to try and understand MBTI.
    Can I get my extravert badge now?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Do you relate to Foreman of House or Zachariah of Supernatural?
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ESTj

I am very introspective and I feel I know myself very well. The big thing to remember is even though personality typing is a great tool to understand people. However, every person is different and has their own variations of personality that may not fit within the parameters of their personality type.
    I am male. Don't hold it against me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 4375 View Post
    I am very introspective and I feel I know myself very well. The big thing to remember is even though personality typing is a great tool to understand people. However, every person is different and has their own variations of personality that may not fit within the parameters of their personality type.
    Sure. I'm just talking about generalities here. It's nice to find such a lot of differences in one category...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ESTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Sure. I'm just talking about generalities here. It's nice to find such a lot of differences in one category...

I agree with you. I really like these threads. It actually helps you see how you view yourself and how to understand others. I find personality tests and typing very interesting.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Oh, man. I'm loving the balanced ESTJ's

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Would an ESTJ mother have rose-coloured spectacles when evaluating their children, or would they be brutally honest? My mother's an ESTJ and she always insists how pretty I am, how great a figure I have, etc. Is this merely her way of trying to boost my confidence, or is she being honest? Or is she just being a proud mother who stares at a vulture and sees a swan?

She swears she's being objective, but I'm still sceptical.
    In my experience, if an ESTJ gives you a compliment, they mean it. If they have a problem with ANYTHING you're doing...you will hear about it. This is a love/hate thing for me because I have a lot of respect for those that can be brutally honest; it makes the compliments all the more meaningful because you know they really mean it; but on the other hand, I wish they would just keep their mouths shut sometimes. My dad is ESTJ, and he tends to be very difficult to please when we go to restaurants. If the food's not right, or the waitress is slow, or someone 17 tables away in the corner is smoking, the management (or the rest of the family at least) will know about it. On the other hand, my girlfriend's senior cello recital was last night, and he (my dad) is the french horn professor at our school. He told her after that it was one of the best recitals he's seen EVER at our college, and I told her she should believe him. He's one of the ones who, if the recital/concert/opera didn't deserve a standing ovation, he will be the only one in the entire room sitting on his ass.

Hope this helps.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    It seems like all I'm doing is finding flaws in members of the opposite sex. Everyone's an extreme of some sort, and I tend to overlook the good things. In terms of what is found physically attractive, that varies among the individual.
    Hah! That sounds familiar. I would be the type to point out nice things about people. My husband would be far more likely to say nothing, or point out a perceived flaw, LOL

He used to comment about my being a bit chubby when we we're dating! It used to drive me insane. How could you like me and still make 'mean' comments about exercise tips and healthy eating? I am offended and yet intrigued by your brutal (to me) honesty!

Actually I think his realist view on things balances my optimism. ( As long as I don't let him overwhelm me, which can happen very easily, and I get all efficient and productive but suffer depressed butterfly syndrome )

PS: ESTJ's also find mood swings bizarre and annoying

QUESTION:

Must work ALWAYS come before play, ESTJ? do they EVER procrastinate?
    Hero Archetype Test ...
    You are the Creator

Goal: Identity
    Fear: Inauthenticity
    Response to Dragon/Problem: Claim it as part of the self
    Task: self-creation, self-acceptance
    Gift: Individuality, vocation
    Addictions: Work, creativity

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ESTj

Procrastination just means double the work later.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 4375 View Post
    For me......I like women who have a strong sense of emotional awarness. Mostly because I don't. I just find them intriguing. I guess it is the opposites attrach thing. I also like women who don't play games. The more straight forward the better.
    I entirely agree (if you replace "woman" with "man"). Also, they HAVE TO BE TRUSTWORTHY. I just went on a date with a guy last night, which didn't go well, almost entirely because I got the distinct impression that he would tell all his friends about anything I told him, even if I told him to keep it secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Why are you guys so awesome?
    Four words: We git 'er done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Oh, man. I'm loving the balanced ESTJ's
    We love you too <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailtone View Post
    QUESTION:

Must work ALWAYS come before play, ESTJ? do they EVER procrastinate?
    Nah. I procrastinate when they're something I have to do that I REALLY don't want to do. But it usually doesn't take me too long to realize that I shouldn't be procrastinating at all, and inevitably I force myself (to my chagrin) to do the annoying work.
    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    If the food's not right, or the waitress is slow, or someone 17 tables away in the corner is smoking, the management (or the rest of the family at least) will know about it.
    I've never done this... Really...
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!