User Tag List

First 3846474849505898148 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I like 'em, if they like me, and if they aren't mean to me. Some INTPs do a lot of friendly teasing, and I can be kind of sensitive about that sort of thing. But if they like me, and if we agree on important things, then I like 'em. They're fun to talk to, and they're INCREDIBLY entertaining
    I am very mean to the ESTJ I know. Unfortunately, he seems to be only tolerating it, and not getting off on it. Silly goose!

MBTI
    ISTP

Oh yeah and 2 more:

1. Where on earth do you guys get all your energy from??!?
    2. What do you think of ENFPs?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
    Well. This may sound pretty strange hahaha. Were you born like that? Was it ALWAYS natural for you to think/behave this way?
    Pretty much, yeah. I may have been more creative than that, though. But I had a VERY LONG attention span as a child. My preschool teachers thought I was autistic...

What type are your parents? What effects do you think their personalities have had on how you turned out!
    My mom's an INFJ, and my dad's an INTP. We all get along famously

But to answer your second question, there are different theories about that. One theory I've heard is that you get one letter from your mom, one from your dad, and the other two are from your environment. But that doesn't really apply with me... 'cause how would two Ns raise me to be an S? Plus, I was outgoing pretty much from birth. But anyhoo... I know for a fact that I got my J from my mom, and the T is PROBABLY from my dad... but I have no idea where the ES came from. My mom is almost borderline S (which would make her borderline SJ), and she's kind of a goody-two-shoes rule-follower like I am, so that may be where I got that from. And ESTJs and INFJs share a common "I AM CRUSADING FOR JUSTICE" mindset, so I may have gotten that from my mom. But I'm speculating at this point...

Do you think its possible or likely for two P parents to have a J child, especially an extroverted judger (E__J)?
    Oh, I'm sure it is. Just like it's possible for two INxx parents to have an ESxx child... case in point

1. Where on earth do you guys get all your energy from??!?
    We get energy from other people, in part. We extraverts are like that. I get really bouncy sometimes, when I'm at parties or in social situations, just from talking to people. It puts me in a good mood. (And on the other hand, when I'm alone for long periods of time, I get unmotivated and kind of sluggish and sad.)

But if you meant in work situations (i.e. "How do you guys manage to do monotonous tasks for days on end without getting tired out?"), I don't really have an answer for you. I have NO idea.

2. What do you think of ENFPs?
    I like them, but I have no idea how they manage to like everyone. I mean, they're really, really nice people (in my experience), but when they're nice to literally EVERYONE, and it's like they're friends with thousands of people, you don't exactly feel special, you know? I like feeling like I'm at least a little bit special, in a friendship. Like I'm valued. And I dunno how much I feel that with ENFPs.

I guess it's just that they're so different from me, you know? I don't relate to them, even though I like them, and appreciate how they balance me out.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Thought I'd ask your opinion on a couple things. There's two people in my life that I think are ESTJs and I want a better way to understand them. I could do that, but I first need to know that they actually are ESTJs. They could very well be something else and me not know it. ; )

My boss, at work, is the Produce Manager. I'm pretty sure she's ESTJ....she's like me, a lot, but different in a few very sharp ways.

Things we both do:

Everything is in order, everything is in it's place, and neither of us is happy if you mess up that order. That just sounds J-ish to me.

We both talk in the same way, and by this, I mean the Sensor way. "Literal, concrete", very few and very little metaphors and stuff like that. Every thing is clear-cut and easily understood.

Other people tend to describe her as "cold", but not necessarily introverted. So this, to me, says the T function is shining through a bit. She's extremely knowledgeable about how things work, where stuff goes, and how to do things. This is one of the reasons I love working for her --- she has the answers to everything I could think to ask.

Things She Does Differently:

Here's the first and most obvious thing. She's accused me of having "tunnel vision" before, and I know exactly what she's talking about. I would prefer to call it "concentrated / intense focus". She has complimented me on that aspect, but only once. She says once I start doing something it always comes out fine. But she doesn't like that I don't pay much attention to other things at the same time. I'm not really a good multi-tasker.

For example, her method of daytime produce is to go out, see what we need, and then she starts a cycle. She takes out whatever she saw was empty or low, and as she is doing that, she is checking for other stuff that needs to go out, so when she finishes that cart of stuff, she can immediately go back in and start another one.

Now that's what I call Se in action. I just can't do that very well. I can try, but I always miss stuff. But I can work just as fast....I would just find it easier to take out a ton of stuff at once, work it out onto the shelves, and then look for stuff that needs to go out. One thing at a time.

She's got a way of doing things, as stated before, but it always has to be done "her way", regardless of whether or not someone else's way is more efficient. This is me to a certain degree, but on the same token, it's not. If someone shows me a logical reason for improving a way I normally do something, I adapt for the sake of efficiency. She does not.

I have absolutely no problem with this --- she's my boss, so as long as I'm paid, I'll do it however she wants it done. No problem there.

So, what do you think? ESTJ, possibly?

I'll put the next person's little info thing in the next post. Gotta go for now.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Um, I'm not sure if she's ESTJ. She could be, but there's some stuff in your post that I don't relate to, e.g. the "Se in action" thing... well, the top four ESTJ functions, in order, are Te, Si, Ne and Fi... no strong, prevalent Se. Plus, I have a tendency towards "tunnel vision" as well. I sometimes volunteer at my local library, with shelving, and I work exactly the same way that you do. The need for doing things "her way" is something I kind of relate to, but I'd like to think that if you prove to me that your way is more efficient, then I'll change without a problem.

I dunno. What does everybody else think? ESTJ or no?
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

What you described about her is more P than her seemingly organized appearance

There are a lot of SPs in the work force and not a whole lot of rave parties in super markets (a hyperbole of course) so that only suggests that they do indeed work when they need to but probably more in the fashion you described

I can see an SP telling an ISTJ they have tunnel vision, just because she is productive doesn't automatically make her an SJ

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Sounds like a plan. First of all, I'd like to re-cant my ESTJ thought a bit. For whatever reason, I had a "brain-fart" and I was thinking ESTJ = Se, Ti, Ne, Fi. I thought this because ISTJ (What I'm used to analyzing) is ISTJ = Si, Te, Fi, Ne.

You can see how I screwed that one up.

Let me rephrase....or restate....whatever.

I think her functions are as follows (not necessarily in this order, these are just the ones I see)

Se, Ti, and possibly Te. But who knows..... My first impression of her, having never worked with her, was that she is eerily similar to me, but more forceful somehow. I would imagine it like myself, an ISTJ, but without hesitation of any kind. I hesitate a lot, mostly so I can think before I act, but with her, it's as if she already knows what will happen when she acts so she simply acts.

Wait....that sounded very Si to me just now. Heh....should have taken her age into account, eh? I recall reading somewhere that Si dominant people become more "useful" as they age, as they have acquired an expansive pool of knowledge.

But then again, she could just be like my Dad a bit....ISTP-ish.

I'm going to hold off on other questions until we figure this one out. ; )

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Interesting. You're seem pretty heavily tilted in the INTP direction. After having read some of your posts I find myself thinking I could easily have written that--you are better with words. You're avatar is stereotypically INTP, but could also be considered "cute". Might that be a hormonal difference?
    Recently this girl thought it was "cute" when I suddenly realized I was being talked to but was too busy day dreaming to notice

To be noted though, my results are not "radical" in any direction, around 80% each making me quite balanced and adaptable though definitely more confused

I like words, perhaps more so than numbers like some INTPs

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    Sounds like a plan. First of all, I'd like to re-cant my ESTJ thought a bit. For whatever reason, I had a "brain-fart" and I was thinking ESTJ = Se, Ti, Ne, Fi. I thought this because ISTJ (What I'm used to analyzing) is ISTJ = Si, Te, Fi, Ne.

You can see how I screwed that one up.

Let me rephrase....or restate....whatever.

I think her functions are as follows (not necessarily in this order, these are just the ones I see)

Se, Ti, and possibly Te. But who knows..... My first impression of her, having never worked with her, was that she is eerily similar to me, but more forceful somehow. I would imagine it like myself, an ISTJ, but without hesitation of any kind. I hesitate a lot, mostly so I can think before I act, but with her, it's as if she already knows what will happen when she acts so she simply acts.

Wait....that sounded very Si to me just now. Heh....should have taken her age into account, eh? I recall reading somewhere that Si dominant people become more "useful" as they age, as they have acquired an expansive pool of knowledge.

But then again, she could just be like my Dad a bit....ISTP-ish.

I'm going to hold off on other questions until we figure this one out. ; )
    She sounds SP going by the information you provided

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    For example, her method of daytime produce is to go out, see what we need, and then she starts a cycle. She takes out whatever she saw was empty or low, and as she is doing that, she is checking for other stuff that needs to go out, so when she finishes that cart of stuff, she can immediately go back in and start another one.

Now that's what I call Se in action. I just can't do that very well. I can try, but I always miss stuff. But I can work just as fast....I would just find it easier to take out a ton of stuff at once, work it out onto the shelves, and then look for stuff that needs to go out. One thing at a time.

She's got a way of doing things, as stated before, but it always has to be done "her way", regardless of whether or not someone else's way is more efficient. This is me to a certain degree, but on the same token, it's not. If someone shows me a logical reason for improving a way I normally do something, I adapt for the sake of efficiency. She does not.

I'll put the next person's little info thing in the next post. Gotta go for now.
    I don't know. This sort of sounds a lot how I work. She def sounds T and J to me. But I'm very different when I'm working. SO different that I surprise my co-workers when I'm off. I like things to be efficient and orderly and clean. (You'd think I'd be a J).

Have you ever hung out with her outside of work?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Just trying to keep the thread alive...

Any other questions? Any elaborations, or answers to questions about questions? (That last one's aimed at you, FallaciaSonata.)