User Tag List

First 3644454647485696146 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    Ok, my question. How do you view INTPs? Are they charming or annoying creatures?
    I like 'em, if they like me, and if they aren't mean to me. Some INTPs do a lot of friendly teasing, and I can be kind of sensitive about that sort of thing. But if they like me, and if we agree on important things, then I like 'em. They're fun to talk to, and they're INCREDIBLY entertaining
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, that's the second ESTJ I've lost to someone else.

I don't think I gave her enough money. Maybe because I didn't have any material to offer, only something more timeless and great.

I give up on S-ers. It's sort of sad.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Hello! I'm extremely interested to know about ESTJs because my favorite teacher is an ESTJ!
    I hope that I will not bother you with the following questions:

ESTJs, how do you guys like to be approached if someone wants to talk to you? Do you prefer if someone says "Is this a convenient time for you to talk?" or "Hey, we need to talk."?

If someone sends you a lot of sport-releated e-mails, or thank-you letters, do you guys feel obligated to respond?

Do you like to hangout with your family more than your friends?

If you are married, do you like to introduce your spouse or family to a friend or acquaintance? Or do you feel insecure about it?

How would you feel if someone that has once embarrassed you, informally approaches you and says something like "I'm sorry for embarrassing you the other night".. How would you respond? Would you blush? Would you say something like "thank you for apologizing."?

What do you guys think of INFJs?

What is the best way for a non-athletic student to impress an ESTJ physical education teacher?

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble.. I'm just eager!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    ESTJs, how do you guys like to be approached if someone wants to talk to you? Do you prefer if someone says "Is this a convenient time for you to talk?" or "Hey, we need to talk."?
    Depends on how serious the thing you want to talk about is. If it's impersonal or not too serious (e.g. a work-related confusion thing), something like "Hey, are you busy? Or can you talk a minute?" should do. But if it's interpersonal, or something really serious (e.g. if the ESTJ is your boss, and you're about to call him out on something), you'd better mention to him/her that you want to talk in private. That way, they're mentally prepared for something serious, and also you won't end up accidentally embarrassing him/her by bringing up a touchy subject in front of other people. (We're sensitive to that sort of thing.)

If someone sends you a lot of sport-releated e-mails, or thank-you letters, do you guys feel obligated to respond?
    What's the context?

Do you like to hangout with your family more than your friends?
    Yeah, I think so. My family are better friends than my friends are, if you know what I mean.

How would you feel if someone that has once embarrassed you, informally approaches you and says something like "I'm sorry for embarrassing you the other night".. How would you respond? Would you blush? Would you say something like "thank you for apologizing."?
    It depends on whether I'm still mad at them. If I'm cool, then I'll say "Oh, thank you, I accept your apology." But if I'm still mad, then I'll tell 'em thanks for apologizing, but I won't tell them that I accept their apology (because I probably won't). I might sneak in a small guilt trip to see just how sorry they are... then I might accept.

What do you guys think of INFJs?
    I like 'em. Of course, my mom's an INFJ, so that affects my judgment. I dunno how other ESTJs might feel about 'em.

What is the best way for a non-athletic student to impress an ESTJ physical education teacher?
    Show that you're trying really hard. Get involved! Even if you fail consistently, the fact that you're trying is something to respect and admire, and an ESTJ will recognize that. (Not in other cases, sometimes... but in this case, yeah.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Wow EJCC, you're collecting INFJs now!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    What's the context?
    Let us say that someone you know frequently sends you e-mails that you would find interesting. Would you feel obligated that from time to time you should send that person e-mails that might interest him/her?

Please pardon me if I'm not making any sense. English is my second language.

Thanks so much for your answers, EJCC. I really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be able to gain more brownie points from my favorite ESTJ teacher!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Wow EJCC, you're collecting INFJs now!
    I didn't ask for this! They just attack me! THE TOUCHY-FEELY-NESS! GET IT OFF! :horor:
    Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    Let us say that someone you know frequently sends you e-mails that you would find interesting. Would you feel obligated that from time to time you should send that person e-mails that might interest him/her?
    Probably not. That sort of thing is... well, it tells you that you're on their mind; that they "saw this thing and though of you". I feel like it's just leading them on, or worse, if I send something back. I'm faking a deep emotion. I figure I'll just wait, and if I see something and think of them, then I'll send it, and if not, then I won't.
    Please pardon me if I'm not making any sense. English is my second language.
    Wow! Kudos to you for knowing terms like "brownie points" when English isn't your first language! Excellent work. I wish I spoke another language... I'm taking Arabic classes now, and plan on studying abroad at some point (perhaps in Egypt?), but by NO means am I bilingual. Polyglots amaze me!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Choose one:

A. Someone you have a lot in common with.
    B. Someone you have nothing in common with, yet share a mutual understanding.

(Hint: I'm B.)
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ There are MANY other factors involved in that decision. In friendship, I'm inclined to say both, then seeing how things go from there. But if by "mutual understanding", you mean that we just "click", like puzzle pieces falling into place, in a romantic way, then of course I'm picking B.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    But if by "mutual understanding", you mean that we just "click", like puzzle pieces falling into place, in a romantic way, then of course I'm picking B.
    She said I didn't do anything wrong, and she chose A. And we did click; I suck at speeches; she's thinking of doing public relations. She's awful at writing; I'm composing a novel. That's only one of many examples. But I guess someone who reminds her of "home" suits her better.

She told me I'm a valuable friend; I said I'd be far too depressed to even look at her. My 'shadow self' is a beast of its own.
    enneagram - 7/5/3