User Tag List

Page 41 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    My best friend (over 12 years) is an ESTJ.

I just have one question for y'all.

Do you frequently burst out yelling and/or screaming? either seriously or humorously? and either publicly or privately?
    Yes. Me and all my friends call it spazzing. The truth is, when I'm doing it, it usually means I'm having a good time, but it could also mean that I'm freaking out about something.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    My best friend (over 12 years) is an ESTJ.

I just have one question for y'all.

Do you frequently burst out yelling and/or screaming? either seriously or humorously? and either publicly or privately?
    I don't like actually YELLING. But when trying to be funny (telling a story or something), or when frustrated, you'll hear a lot of "RRRGH!" and/or "GAH!" and/or "WHY??" (w/a raised voice, but not full-on yelling).

Edit: Privately, when really upset, I scream into a pillow. Also, I feel like gender differences may be involved here in some way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm really curious to see what an ESTJ looks like on A.D.D. medicine. ... curious... and truly terrified.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

:horor:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I'm really curious to see what an ESTJ looks like on A.D.D. medicine. ... curious... and truly terrified.
    My sister took some of my adderrall once, (she's an ESTJ)

AND....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Think about the most vigilant, uptight, aggressive monster and multiply that by infinity and then, and only then would you be able to comprehend the mega-beast she turned into!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

And MDP2525...
    Sorry EJCC...but my ESTJ never answered the question of whether "he had feelings for me other than friendship" in my emails. I sent two. He has since texted me like nothing happened and we are back to the same easy going friendship we had before. He'll always have a special place in my heart and he'll always be a true friend but I'm giving up on him romantically. I just have to move on...and I'm now doing that with an ESTP......

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

"Everything in its place" Array fill's Avatar
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I read the first ten or so pages of this topic, and I'm completely convinced the girl I'm interested in is ESTJ. By far- especially after the first question asked about journalism (she's a journalism major!). Also, the topic about accepting help is spot on as she'll grab a select amount of friends (including me) to help her with work.

A few questions:

Are you frugal? Like, to a point of no return?

Is family a big part of your life?

Do you ever embarrass yourself or get other people angry at you from an honest mistake and feel awful afterwords? I find it interesting that the same functions that get ESTJs into bad situations are the same ones that make ENFP's lives so insane.

If you know someone (me) has "feelings," are you conscious of hurting them, but not in a sympathetic way? For example, if you think of something you said to someone, would you say to yourself, "I feel bad for saying that," or, "I don't want to hurt their feelings"?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My sister is a hardcore ESTJ, and she is...

Absolutely money-conscious, but she equally enjoys making it as she does spending it.

My sister is not a warm, and fuzzy bunny of a person, but she is loyal to her family, she doesn't really get along with my mom, but she still helps her out, financially.

Hahahaaha, I swear, the only reason why she and I are friends is due to the fact that she is my sister, does that make sense?

So yeah, she is family-oriented.

Do you ever embarrass yourself or get other people angry at you from an honest mistake and feel awful afterwords
    Ahhh, my sister's social specialty! She does this all the time, I call her a social liability! :P

When my sister cares about someone, no, she does not ever want to consciously hurt their feelings, but inevitably she always does.

She is not really good at reading social/facial cues.

She is so concrete, and to the point about things, that at times she can bulldozer through you and your feelings.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

EJCC - I just noticed now that you did answer my queries. Thank you so much. I think that guilt=avoidance thing makes several things from his past make sense. I kind of attributed the emails to loneliness in a new place. I'm guessing that means that as soon as things are better established for him, that will be the end of it. This is what frustrates me about the whole thing. No one likes to feel that they are just there for someone else's convenience.

Do you think that ESTJs generally ever get to the point where they can be honest about their feelings to the people close to them? Especially about things they wish they had done differently or are embarrassed about etc. I think that it would not only make those close to them see them as a lot more human, but it would also be a relief of sorts to them. Is there anyone you could or would be completely honest with?

One of the things that I discovered too was that my ESTJ actually cared incredibly deeply, but often did not express it verbally (or even on his face) and I never realized how much I mattered to him except through chance comments from other people or the odd time when I realized I had hurt him unintentionally and he reacted angrily. In some ways I think he felt things more deeply than I did, but I never realized that for a very long time. What keeps you from saying that to someone? Is it that it gives them the power to hurt you? Do you just assume that they know already?

"Everything in its place" Array fill's Avatar
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

One more question: Is it annoying to ESTJs if I'm sort of an ass?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3