Page 255 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by RosieJones View Post
    I think it also comes down to the fact that S types and N types are searching for different things and want different things out of life. As an INFP, understanding and truth about life is key for me: I crave to understand the people and world around me. When I feel I understand everything I feel more in control and less confused. Our types are the complete opposite so you probably don't value those things as much or you don't need them to feel happy and focused. I guess that's also why Ns like to theorise about things - we find it interesting and helps quench our need for understanding.
    S vs N isn't about values, but rather how we perceive the world around us. ESTJs are no-bullshit types who like truth too, but I understand others and the environment around me because I interact with it a lot IRL. For an introverted intuitor, you may arrive at the same place because you researched people and your environment online.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yay! S types are really underrepresented on here!

My type is considered quite dreamy...would you ever call yourself a dreamy person or are you always practical and realistic? (as the ESTJs are known for)
    I wouldn't call myself "dreamy", no. I would call myself a thoughtful person. I introspect a lot, and I analyze things almost to the point of overanalysis / neurosis. But even when I'm "off in another world", I'm thinking about real life, or reflecting on something I did/experienced in real life.

Also why is it that few S types or just ESTJs visit mbti forums like this?
    Basically, S types need to feel like sites like this actually have a practical use to them. The practical use of this forum is clear to me -- getting to know folks of every type, gaining useful information from them on their experiences, and generally gaining useful knowledge from others that I can use in my everyday interactions with others. But that use is not as clear to other Sensors.

They may also not be as patient as me, and may want instant gratification on that front. In which case they can turn to various wikis, instead of investing in a forum experience.

As an INFP, understanding and truth about life is key for me: I crave to understand the people and world around me.
    FWIW, this is key for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    How close am I to completing my transformation into an ESTJ?
    ... It's the thought that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ghost liked this post

You are what you love Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

What is your relationship with tertiary Ne?
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I wouldn't call myself "dreamy", no. I would call myself a thoughtful person. I introspect a lot, and I analyze things almost to the point of overanalysis / neurosis. But even when I'm "off in another world", I'm thinking about real life, or reflecting on something I did/experienced in real life.

Basically, S types need to feel like sites like this actually have a practical use to them. The practical use of this forum is clear to me -- getting to know folks of every type, gaining useful information from them on their experiences, and generally gaining useful knowledge from others that I can use in my everyday interactions with others. But that use is not as clear to other Sensors.

They may also not be as patient as me, and may want instant gratification on that front. In which case they can turn to various wikis, instead of investing in a forum experience.

FWIW, this is key for me as well.

... It's the thought that counts.
    Thank you! I don't think we are actually as different as I thought.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Have you ever broken a serious rule? How did you feel after/during/before if you ever have? Did you used to 'police' your peers more than 'play' with them? How do you view rebels/rule-breakers- ect? Would you ever go for the 'bad boy' stereotype or do you view is as ridiculous and a in and out bad idea-aka as in who would want to actually get in a relationship with someone genuine ill intentions. Suppose maybe depends on the degree and yeah- determining those out and out intentions. Anyways. Better stop now otherwise Ill just answer ALL of them for you- even though it is possible I am an ESTJ. Do you believe I could be an ESTJ?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Have you ever broken a serious rule? How did you feel after/during/before if you ever have?
    I have, and in the months following I basically went through the 5 stages of grief. But with lots more shame.
    Did you used to 'police' your peers more than 'play' with them?
    Not really. But I didn't shy away from starting the fights that I thought needed to be started.

How do you view rebels/rule-breakers- ect? Would you ever go for the 'bad boy' stereotype or do you view is as ridiculous and a in and out bad idea-aka as in who would want to actually get in a relationship with someone genuine ill intentions.
    If I were to date a rule-breaker, they'd have to be rule-breakers for a cause I agreed with. And their rule-breaking could not, under any circumstances, embarrass me.

Do you believe I could be an ESTJ?
    No way in hell.
    Likes Hard, Ursa, N/A, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have, and in the months following I basically went through the 5 stages of grief. But with lots more shame.

Not really. But I didn't shy away from starting the fights that I thought needed to be started.

If I were to date a rule-breaker, they'd have to be rule-breakers for a cause I agreed with. And their rule-breaking could not, under any circumstances, embarrass me.

No way in hell.
    I love this response so much.

Do you think you would stay on typoC if for some reason you got dethroned from being a moderator? Aka didnt quit- was 'let go'.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    What is your relationship with tertiary Ne?
    Mine is really nice, but that's a relatively recent development. I can better embrace randomness, make odd connections and seek out the new now. I used to cook the same dishes and do the same routines, but now I am better at attempts to try out new dishes and adventures and even not have a solid plan but improvise. I also like philosophy here and there, and some theoretical physics, but not too much. I consider my Ne an asset. By contrast, my ISFJ mother still has issues with the unknown, spontaneity and the conceptual.

I don't know that I answered your question properly. Let me know and I'll try another way!

How do you view rebels/rule-breakers- ect? Would you ever go for the 'bad boy' stereotype or do you view is as ridiculous and a in and out bad idea-aka as in who would want to actually get in a relationship with someone genuine ill intentions.
    People who break rules for the sake of breaking rules are a nuisance, and I think they are very selfish and short-sighted. I have more respect for someone who breaks the rules for a well thought-out, well-intentioned reason. I recently re-watched the Star Wars saga, and technically the rebels are rule-breakers. But they are fighting for reason, and that reason is democracy, the protection of innocent peoples and tolerance for non-human aliens. That is very worthwhile and I have loads of respect for that. If I lived in that universe, I would throw my support behind the Rebellion.

I don't go for bad boy types, though I admit I have a few private fantasies. I go for people who respect others and who are supportive, thoughtful and kind. Not just to me but to everyone. I'd date a rule-breaker if his rule-breaking made legitimate sense and was someone I could get behind.

I don't know you that well, but from what I've read of your posts, you don't seem like an ESTJ.
    Likes themightyfetus, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Do you think you would stay on typoC if for some reason you got dethroned from being a moderator? Aka didnt quit- was 'let go'.
    It depends on the reasons for my being let go. To generalize across the various possibilities: I'd stick around if I still respected the other mods, and if they still respected me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    People who break rules for the sake of breaking rules are a nuisance, and I think they are very selfish and short-sighted. I have more respect for someone who breaks the rules for a well thought-out, well-intentioned reason. I recently re-watched the Star Wars saga, and technically the rebels are rule-breakers. But they are fighting for reason, and that reason is democracy, the protection of innocent peoples and tolerance for non-human aliens. That is very worthwhile and I have loads of respect for that. If I lived in that universe, I would throw my support behind the Rebellion.

I don't go for bad boy types, though I admit I have a few private fantasies. I go for people who respect others and who are supportive, thoughtful and kind. Not just to me but to everyone. I'd date a rule-breaker if his rule-breaking made legitimate sense and was someone I could get behind.
    ^ I agree with all this.
    Likes Ursa, N/A liked this post

How do i treat or behave with this ESTJ?? (ESFP
    Asking)

We met each other in a jiu jitsu class and things went a lil far (sexually) after telling how we felt for each other so I asked not tell anyone about us to avoid any trouble in his job.

I started to developed feelings for him and asked him "what are we". He never gave me a straight answer. I was confused so I told two friends we have in common and who knew what was going between us for advice: His boss, who's a friend of mine and a guy from our class who's a mutual friend. He learned that i told others about us and he called and told me he couldn't trust me anymore, that he was hurt, disappointed and could not believe what i did ....and that it was over. One month later, I went to apologize and he agreed on giving me one chance to regain his trust and try to be friends. He also told me to change some aspects of my behavior and be carefull of whom i trust. Like being more humble, less bitchy, keeping things to myself, not trust anyone.

After that, he started acting completely awkward, sometimes he was nice with me and sometimes he's rough and cold.
    So i decided to pull back and change the aspects he told me to and got way better at jiu jitsu.
    After that he started treating me very respectful and kind. He didn't mind at all spending time explaining any technique I had problem with. He talked to me more often, etc.

But Again, the situation got way out of hand when the owner (his bosses boss) of all the jiu jitsu academies in the area found out. His best friend (my other teacher) called me and told me if i knew how bad i looked as a woman telling everyone about what I did with the other teacher.

I was beyond upset.

So i went directly to talk to the guy and we cleared everything.
    Compared to other situations I've had with him, for my surprise he started treating me with even more respect and kindness.

True is, I still like him and I don't know what to do with all this....

Im a ESFP