Page 253 of 259 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    How do you deal with people who are very sensitive, or who have very strong feelings?
    I limit my contact with them. Not because I dislike them but because I know we cannot handle each other well.

Right now I am trying to develop my Feeling, and I find that focusing on integrating towards 2 helps. Usually that manifests as wanting to protect others. So I try to keep that protective spirit in mind when I deal with sensitive people - I don't want to handle them too roughly and hurt them. It's unnatural for me, but I try to understand their Feeling viewpoint and work with that. Even though I want to bark the logical solution at them lol. It's still a work in progress. Mostly I just try not to be around super sensitive people, unless I'm advocating for them in a fight or similar situation.

Sensitive people who act out their anger in displays of assholery? I usually ignore them or I tell them like it is.
    Likes EJCC, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Meow Mint Tea View Post
    Sensitive people who act out their anger in displays of assholery? I usually ignore them or I tell them like it is.
    ^ Yes. One of my bigger pet peeves is when a certain type of sensitive person feels the need to constantly dish out what they can't take. My reaction to those people is the same as yours: either ignore them, or give them a proportional response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ursa liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx
    Socionics
    INTp None

What would be your reaction when someone describes you as cute ?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Meow Mint Tea View Post
    I limit my contact with them. Not because I dislike them but because I know we cannot handle each other well.

Right now I am trying to develop my Feeling, and I find that focusing on integrating towards 2 helps. Usually that manifests as wanting to protect others. So I try to keep that protective spirit in mind when I deal with sensitive people - I don't want to handle them too roughly and hurt them. It's unnatural for me, but I try to understand their Feeling viewpoint and work with that. Even though I want to bark the logical solution at them lol. It's still a work in progress. Mostly I just try not to be around super sensitive people, unless I'm advocating for them in a fight or similar situation.

Does it help to know when someone does call me back in a timely manner i get mom worries and I'm not a mom? if you did that it might develop your feelery side.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes Ursa liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Is it possible that an ESTJ has a hard time saying "I love you"? If yes, why?

How does an ESTJ (male) show "love" for their partner?

How to make ESTJs feel "loved" the most?

What kinds of compliments ESTJs like the most?

How to give an ESTJ feedback / point out what they do wrong / call out on their BS without pissing them off?

What would break down an ESTJ and what kinds of things could make them cry?

Can ESTJs feel insecure / Is there anything ESTJs hate about themselves? What could these things be?

What do ESTJs think of INFPs (non-flowerchild versions), non-romantically and romantically?

Thanks in advance
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Row row row your boat Array SD45T-2's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    What would be your reaction when someone describes you as cute ?
    My mom has, but moms are supposed to say stuff like that, so was kind of a non-event.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Because feelings.

How does an ESTJ (male) show "love" for their partner?
    Probably being attentive to practical things, wanting to spend time with you, stuff like that. We usually don't do big showy stuff.

Being trustworthy, supportive, and not feeling entitled to constantly second guess and undermine us.

That we're effective and have good taste in guns.

How to give an ESTJ feedback / point out what they do wrong / call out on their BS without pissing them off?
    Being matter-of-fact and not making it personal are the first things that come to mind.

The overwhelming crappiness of life.

Can ESTJs feel insecure / Is there anything ESTJs hate about themselves? What could these things be?
    Just about everything. Then again, that might be more of an e1 thing.

What do ESTJs think of INFPs (non-flowerchild versions), non-romantically and romantically?
    I don't know that I have enough experience to say.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by CognitiveLiberty View Post
    To all ESTJs: Do you consider yourself to be judgmental, and if so, do you sometimes feel guilty about looking down on others?
    No, I do not. If I do feel judgemental, I try to understand where the feeling comes from, but that's about it. I'm not going to feel guilty over it.

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    How do you deal with people who are very sensitive, or who have very strong feelings?
    Either don't spend time with them or ask them if they want what I have to say before I say it. Sensitive people generally take more responsibility for their emotions if they actively choose to hear what they may not like.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    I don't have a hard time with it. But talk is cheap. I much prefer to demonstrate love and affection with action. This includes quality time and acts of service.

- Be a decent person - towards me, towards others and towards yourself.
    - Take the commitment to our relationship seriously.
    - Spend time with me (especially activities - not just sitting around talking or watching TV).
    - Respect my autonomy to make my own personal decisions.
    - Be supportive.
    - Respect the space we share. Clean up any messes you make and do your share of the chores. (I'll do my share too.) Don't slack on this!
    - Don't make consistently poor choices that make your, my or our lives unnecessarily difficult.

Genuine ones. Especially about competence, helpfulness and strength.

Be polite, but direct. Don't beat around the bush. Tell me what I did right and tell me what I did wrong - and why, using facts. Suggest improvements. Don't get personal, shout or cry.

Extreme grief and extreme disappointment.

I would feel insecure if I received consistent feedback over time - from someone I respect and trust - that I am not constructive, mature or skilled enough. I also feel insecure when I start to lose control of a situation or when my leadership starts to fail.

It depends on the individual. I've met INFPs who were fantastic people - they taught me to be more in tune with my emotions and those of others, and they have inspired me with their dreams, their senses of humor and their life wisdom. I've also met INFPs who were clearly unstable.

I don't expect INFPs to be strong Te-users, but I expect them to have done some work developing Te. (I'm a lot more forgiving on this point when it comes to being friends with INFPs, because we don't live together and share resources like an intimate couple would.)

Here are some things that would turn me off and disqualify an INFP from a romantic relationship with me:
    - Consistent disregard for deadlines, financial management, organization and chores. Irresponsibility.
    - Insecurity.
    - Being clingy.
    - Lack of resilience to stress. Quick to cry, quick to anger or quick to quit when anything negative happens.
    - Lack of direction in life.
    - Disrespectfulness.
    - Inability to self-reflect.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    What would be your reaction when someone describes you as cute?
    I'd be a little embarrassed, but I'd accept the compliment politely and move on.
    Likes Lloyd liked this post