First 151201241249250251252253261 Last

Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2615

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Fellow ESTJs!:

How do you cope with your Fi? What techniques have you employed to develop your Fi? What, in your experience, has worked and what hasn't worked?

MBTI
    yupp

This seems like a good question for ESTJs

When someone asks you how much do you want to spend going on vacation how do you decide?

I got asked that and I was like uhhh 350, not being sure if i even had 350 to spend. my method for budgetting is pay rent pay bills if i have enough to eat yay.

sorry i'm not good at knowing how much i need for things, i just usually hope i have enough. Like i never stay in hotels so i don't even know how much is reasonable for that. luckily we're only staying in hotels 2 nights the rest of the time lodging is free.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Meow Mint Tea View Post
    Fellow ESTJs!:

How do you cope with your Fi? What techniques have you employed to develop your Fi? What, in your experience, has worked and what hasn't worked?
    Gosh this is a tough one -- my Fi development hasn't been entirely conscious.

Off the top of my head...

What has worked:
    - Trying to find balance between listening to my feelings and being overly self-indulgent
    - Recognizing, when I'm in a mood, that sometimes it's not about the feelings themselves as much as it is about being exhausted, or stressed about one particular thing that's carrying over into all areas of my life -- and learning to re-apply Te to those problems even in the dark depths of Fi
    - Trying to listen to my Fi even when I'm not in a shitty mood, so it doesn't catch me off-guard and scare the shit out of me later on (this is WAY harder than it looks but it also gets easier with time)
    - Talking to people about my Fi, when they're the sorts of people who would understand it and not judge me for it

What has not worked:
    - Trying to work through the Fi on its own terms, without outside help, for as long as it takes to get "the right answer" -- that's a recipe for being in a shitty mood for a week and a half straight, and it's also masochistic as hell -- being miserable gets old after a while, even when it's "for a good cause"
    - Trying to talk to people about it who wouldn't understand, or just venting the Fi before getting a chance to let it percolate and organize itself into something that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

When someone asks you how much do you want to spend going on vacation how do you decide?
    Short answer: I plan a lot, and I comparison-shop a lot.

Long answer:
    - I check my budget and my savings account for how much I can afford to spend
    - I check average prices for the things that will be most expensive wherever I take my vacation (usually housing, unless I'm couch-surfing, in which case plane/bus prices and eating out)
    - If it looks like I can't afford the trip, I ask myself: would I rather be very thrifty on the trip, or not take the trip at all?
    - If I decide to be thrifty, I start making plans for how to be thrifty and have fun at the same time -- e.g. buying groceries and cooking for my friends instead of eating out with them
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes prplchknz, Ursa liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

EJCC covered it really well.

I would only add that I save money while I am home too, which can sometimes void the need or desire to save while on vacation. I make it a plan to save a certain amount by the ticket purchase date. It may take years, or it may take only weeks. It depends where I want to spend my vacation.
    Likes prplchknz, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    - Talking to people about my Fi, when they're the sorts of people who would understand it and not judge me for it
    Where the heck do you find them?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Fellow ESTJs!:

Suppression was a disaster.

Emotional exploration in small, controlled doses worked best. You're not ignoring it, but you're also not giving it enough room to do any damage.
    Likes Ursa liked this post

I got asked that and I was like uhhh 350, not being sure if i even had 350 to spend. my method for budgetting is pay rent pay bills if i have enough to eat yay.

sorry i'm not good at knowing how much i need for things, i just usually hope i have enough. Like i never stay in hotels so i don't even know how much is reasonable for that. luckily we're only staying in hotels 2 nights the rest of the time lodging is free.
    Depends on what I want to do with my vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Le Paul View Post
    Do ESTJs like technology, or are you technology avoidance prone?
    I like technology, but less on a use-it-level and more on a conceptual one. It's how everything works together-- or doesn't-- that interests me.

EDIT: Haha, I can see I already answered this.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Fellow ESTJs!:

Newfound answer to my own question:

I discovered that writing one private journal entry each day really helps.

Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

To all ESTJs: Do you consider yourself to be judgmental, and if so, do you sometimes feel guilty about looking down on others?
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni