Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    What have you frequently mistyped as?
    I've never considered myself to be anything but ESTJ. Sometimes when I take tests, my result is ISTJ. Once or twice I've gotten ESTP or ISTP. But 80% of the time it's ESTJ.

Enneagram-wise I almost always test as an 8 or a 3, even though I'm neither of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I've never considered myself to be anything but ESTJ. Sometimes when I take tests, my result is ISTJ. Once or twice I've gotten ESTP or ISTP. But 80% of the time it's ESTJ.

Enneagram-wise I almost always test as an 8 or a 3, even though I'm neither of those.
    Do you consider yourself ambiverted or close on the P/J scales (if we're talking pure dichotomies)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Do you consider yourself ambiverted or close on the P/J scales (if we're talking pure dichotomies)?
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1

What have you frequently mistyped as?
    ESTP. It's pretty much a given if I take an online test.

Offline, I get mistyped as an ENTJ and sometimes ENTP.

Enneagram-wise, I've been everything except 4, 2, and 9. I quit the enneagram after five years and don't consider it worth study anymore. So no type.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    ESTP. It's pretty much a given if I take an online test.

Offline, I get mistyped as an ENTJ and sometimes ENTP.

Enneagram-wise, I've been everything except 4, 2, and 9. I quit the enneagram after five years and don't consider it worth study anymore. So no type.
    What don't you like about the Enneagram? (I doubt its validity, but it's fun anyway.)
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Sil liked this post

What don't you like about the Enneagram? (I doubt its validity, but it's fun anyway.)
    It simplifies human motiviaion to a ludicrous extreme. And then when people realize (consciously or unconsciously) that the nine pre-assigned boxes don't neatly describe them, they stretch the theory to try and sustain its validity.

The only part of the theory I still follow are the instincts.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm only an extrovert in the MBTI sense of it -- meaning, I gain energy from my external environment. From seeing things, listening to things, and especially from doing things. (The descriptions are right, that ESTJs gain energy from changing their external environment. That's why I find it so relaxing to "get stuff done".)

Outside of that description, I'd absolutely describe myself as an ambivert. (I think forumers who have met me IRL would agree?) My friend group is predominated by ambiverted introverts, or introverts who enjoy matching energy levels with ambiverted introverts. I tend to not do well with overbearing extroverts or hermitlike introverts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Dunno if I've asked this before but what's your relationship with your baby-Fi like?

Also, how/where would you prefer to spend a vacation?

MBTI
    ExFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Do you get along well with ESTPs you know? What are the biggest differences between you guys?
    I'm not absolute on my typings, so don't be harsh on me if I'm way off base.
    http://kickassbubblegum.tumblr.com/
    Likes Sil liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Dunno if I've asked this before but what's your relationship with your baby-Fi like?

Also, how/where would you prefer to spend a vacation?
    Sorry, missed this.

My relationship with my inferior Fi is tumultuous and full of drama. Sometimes I nurture it and care for it and try to learn from it. To let it teach me how to live life in a way that is true to what I care about. True to something greater than myself. But other times, I reject it and push it away and treat it like an adversary. I treat it like it's the enemy of my values, rather than their greatest asset.

TLDR: Just read "Bluebird" by Charles Bukowski and you'll see what my relationship with my Fi is like.

I like to spend my vacations visiting friends in other places. Visiting new places with them, trying new things. Occasionally going out and exploring on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by purplesocks View Post
    Do you get along well with ESTPs you know? What are the biggest differences between you guys?
    IME the biggest differences are 1) inhibition levels, and 2) relationships with authority.

I like ESTPs when we have the same interests and/or the same sense of humor. Usually we don't, but sometimes we do. @whatever is a good example of an ESTP that I click really well with.
    Likes purplesocks, miss fortune, Hawthorne liked this post

I play well with my Fi. I've found my Fi doesn't play well with Fe users.

For a long time I used to repress a lot of my emotions, but I've hit a point where I find taking counsel of them and giving them room to breathe does me a lot better in the long run. It's a bit like riding an internal rollercoaster; there's a real adrenaline rush that goes with it. Of course, this happens in private. I'm not an emotional exhibitionist.

My next holiday spot will be Mongolia. Preferably a 30 day trip that follows the borders of the state. Lots of open land, space, freedom, and cultural discoveries.

I really prefer that my trips are educational, interesting, and involve lots and lots of beautiful scenery. I enjoy it when the right people come with me, but it's hard to plan vacations with others.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post