User Tag List

Page 223 of 259 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Question for anyone who knows an ESTJ who is either a 7 or has a 7 fix ( @Showbread and @Hard come to mind right away for obvious reasons): Do those ESTJs have even more of a tendency to fall into their dom-tert loop than other ESTJs would? ESTJs already have a tendency to become unproductive -- or, more accurately, very productive about very unimportant things -- but it seems like that tendency would be magnified in an ESTJ who has a strong need to seek out distractions.

In my case, I tend to get VERY into side projects, when I have at least a day or two in a row that are very stressful or would create some other kind of painful emotion. On weekend days when I have nothing planned with friends, I can be almost manic in my need to get things done. When my ISTJ roommate would come home and see that the house was especially clean, he used to joke to me: "You must have been bored today."
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

The other day, I saw a chart showing how common certain MBTI/Enneagram combinations are. Apparently the least common are ESFP 5 and ESTJ 4. hehe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    The other day, I saw a chart showing how common certain MBTI/Enneagram combinations are. Apparently the least common are ESFP 5 and ESTJ 4. hehe
    Makes sense to me -- those combinations would make absolutely no intuitive sense (and they're associated with the inferior function of each type, i.e. Ni and Fi).

Actually, I think I know an ESFP 4 and an ENTJ 5. But I think there are actually a lot of ENTJ 5s in the world.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Makes sense to me -- those combinations would make absolutely no intuitive sense (and they're associated with the inferior function of each type, i.e. Ni and Fi).

Actually, I think I know an ESFP 4 and an ENTJ 5. But I think there are actually a lot of ENTJ 5s in the world.
    Well, here's the chart in case you're interested:

I think it's taken from an internet survey of some sort so the general shares of the various Enneagram types (the % at the bottom) are probably not a good indicator of how it is in the general population (I highly doubt type 5 is the most common, and type 4 the second most common). But
    the divisions of the MBTI types into Enneagram shares is probably quite accurate.

Either way, very strong correlations seem to be INTP 5 (by far the strongest), INTJ 5 (second strongest), ESTP 7, ENTP 7, ISTP 5, INFP 4, ENFJ 2, ENTJ 8, ESFJ 2, ENFP 7, ISTJ 6, ...

And the weakest correlations, as I said ESTJ 4 and ESFP 5 (zero matches in the survey), INFP 8, ENFP 1, ISFJ 7, ISFJ 8, ISFP 8, ISTJ 7, INTJ 7, ...

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

What makes you think this is the case ?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Question for anyone who knows an ESTJ who is either a 7 or has a 7 fix ( @Showbread and @Hard come to mind right away for obvious reasons): Do those ESTJs have even more of a tendency to fall into their dom-tert loop than other ESTJs would? ESTJs already have a tendency to become unproductive -- or, more accurately, very productive about very unimportant things -- but it seems like that tendency would be magnified in an ESTJ who has a strong need to seek out distractions.

In my case, I tend to get VERY into side projects, when I have at least a day or two in a row that are very stressful or would create some other kind of painful emotion. On weekend days when I have nothing planned with friends, I can be almost manic in my need to get things done. When my ISTJ roommate would come home and see that the house was especially clean, he used to joke to me: "You must have been bored today."
    Hmm. I've never thought of this in the context of my father before (173).

There's been periods of his life where he's put himself into really crappy situations. They've been born more of stubbornness and a sort of rose colored glasses "I AM GONNA MAKE THIS WORK DAMNIT" kind of thing. The biggest is when he married, then divorced, then remarried 8 months later, then divorced again a woman with 7 children. It was a dark period of his, and by extension my life.

My dad has done an excellent job (much to my frustration) at hiding his failures and shortcomings from me. I have never actually seen him get hyper focused on projects that don't have much impact. It could be that he's ALWAYS got a project going on. He doesn't function without them. He's super focused on work though and always does a "good job" no matter what. If he falls into Dom-Tert loops (which I honestly don't subscribe to all that much) his aggression goes up and he seems like he's being hyper productive and moving forward with things, but takes such a bulldozer approach that things are done really poorly. Though this occurs more in social arenas.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    What makes you think this is the case ?

I am sorry if I am annoying but I would really like to have this answered if that is still possible !?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I didn't answer because I wanted to avoid having to take it back. I really only know one ENTJ 5. It makes intuitive sense to me because of how 8 integrates to 5 (IIRC). But I have nothing else to back it up.
    - Captain America

I didn't answer because I wanted to avoid having to take it back. I really only know one ENTJ 5. It makes intuitive sense to me because of how 8 integrates to 5 (IIRC). But I have nothing else to back it up.

Ok.
    I am a person that could in theory fit in the profile of a ENTJ 5 and therefore I was just curious since ENTJ 5 is unlikely combination in my opinion.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ENFP

Hey all! I made this thread in response to a few things:

1. My experience with the rampant misconceptions about ESTJs that so many members have here (based on very limited personal experience, if any),
    2. Loads of random people on TypoC asking me questions about the ESTJs in their lives, because I'm one of the only semi-actively-posting ESTJs here, and
    3. All the people who want me (and the other ESTJs here) to try to make a difference on this site.

Here's the idea: if anybody has any questions that only an ESTJ can answer (and please, no spamming!), do so here. I'll do my best to help you out. Also, I reqest that other ESTJs help out on this thread here too. This doesn't have to be a one-woman battle! But you obviously shouldn't feel obligated to help out if you don't want to. I can do this on my own if necessary.

EDIT: Don't be afraid to post here! I won't bite.

So here I am. Questions, anyone?
    Do you get pleasure at times when you see others in pain or when you cause others pain?
    How do you view emotional people?
    Do you see yourself as emotional?
    Do you ever fake positive emotions, because you have noticed it gets better results?
    Do you resent that fact?
    Are you very neat and organized?