User Tag List

First 109159199207208209210211219 Last

Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

  1. #2081
    President of the Galaxy Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    oh i love her she's pretty and fierce. like in attitude but tyra banks fierce but not fierce in looks just attitude
    I think her character on Star Trek Voyager might also be ESTJ, or possibly ENTJ. I suppose she plays that type well.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

    Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

  2. #2082
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think her character on Star Trek Voyager might also be ESTJ, or possibly ENTJ. I suppose she plays that type well.
    yes i am very familar with voyager watched it every wed tues or thurs night with my dad (can't remember the day it was on)
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  3. #2083
    President of the Galaxy Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yes i am very familar with voyager watched it every wed tues or thurs night with my dad (can't remember the day it was on)
    I like comparing the different leadership styles of the Star Trek captains. Janeway is a bit more hands on like Kirk, whereas Picard and Sisko will step back and trust their people to get the job done while they go read books or study Bajoran mysticism lol
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

    Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

  4. #2084
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I like comparing the different leadership styles of the Star Trek captains. Janeway is a bit more hands on like Kirk, whereas Picard and Sisko will step back and trust their people to get the job done while they go read books or study Bajoran mysticism lol
    I am really only familar with picard and janeway. and I relate more to picard's leadership style than janeway's. that being said I have seen a few eps of the original series (the first season i believe) and I did watch deep space 9 but i just don't remember it for some reason. TNG is one of those shows that renews hope in humanity for me no matter how much i think humanity should go extinct.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  5. #2085
    President of the Galaxy Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I am really only familar with picard and janeway. and I relate more to picard's leadership style than janeway's. that being said I have seen a few eps of the original series (the first season i believe) and I did watch deep space 9 but i just don't remember it for some reason. TNG is one of those shows that renews hope in humanity for me no matter how much i think humanity should go extinct.
    TNG will always be one of my favorite shows. I could take or leave the original series--many trekkies consider that blasphemous to say, well they can suck it.

    I identify a lot with Picard's style of leadership. He really only takes charge in a crisis and lets an ESTJ like Riker handle all of the mundane day-to-day BS.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

    Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

  6. #2086
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    TNG will always be one of my favorite shows. I could take or leave the original series--many trekkies consider that blasphemous to say, well they can suck it.

    I identify a lot with Picard's style of leadership. He really only takes charge in a crisis and lets an ESTJ like Riker handle all of the mundane day-to-day BS.
    yeah that's how i am. i do really well in crisis situations in the leadership role. but mundane day-to-day things i prefer to have someone who is competent that i can rely on and for everyone to leave me alone mostly.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  7. #2087
    President of the Galaxy Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah that's how i am. i do really well in crisis situations in the leadership role. but mundane day-to-day things i prefer to have someone who is competent that i can rely on and for everyone to leave me alone mostly.
    So you can go sip your Earl Grey while you write articles about archeology and study up on prehistoric protovulcan mating rituals and practice playing your ressikan flute.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah that's how i am. i do really well in crisis situations in the leadership role. but mundane day-to-day things i prefer to have someone who is competent that i can rely on and for everyone to leave me alone mostly.
    So you can go sip your Earl Grey while you write articles about archeology and study up on prehistoric protovulcan mating rituals and practice playing your ressikan flute.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

    Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

  8. #2088
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    So you can go sip your Earl Grey while you write articles about archeology and study up on prehistoric protovulcan mating rituals and practice playing your ressikan flute.





    So you can go sip your Earl Grey while you write articles about archeology and study up on prehistoric protovulcan mating rituals and practice playing your ressikan flute.
    no i don't have the access to such info but i would if did. but I do read a lot of articles about different discoveries and always want to learn something new.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  9. #2089
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Aaaand three months later:

    What I try to do whenever I'm in a leadership position and helping people through a task, is:

    1) Starting off by explaining how the task is supposed to go, just so everything is perfectly clear
    2) Making sure everyone knows that I'm always available if they have questions, then leaving people to do their own thing
    3) Popping in periodically to see how they're doing -- trying to be friendly and getting to know who they are as people, and what their strengths and weaknesses are
    4) Taking into account how they operate and adapting my style accordingly -- e.g. more forceful if they need someone to be forceful, or checking in on them more often if they get distracted easily

    If it's a more long-term situation, I may ask them what I can do that would be most helpful to them, as a boss/supervisor -- as well as what is unhelpful and counterproductive. Then I see if their requests are reasonable, and I adapt accordingly.

    (Note also that I'm not actually a manager, and have never explicitly been in a managerial position -- but I enjoy supervising teams and I'd like to think I'd be a good manager someday)

    Edit: Considering @Showbread's current summer job, I summon her to answer this question as well, from an ESFJ perspective
    I think I would agree with a lot of this. My process is probably a bit different though. I do a lot of mental prioritizing, probably very Si/Ti. The first thing I do when I get to work is evaluate the situation and prioritize tasks based on how long they've taken in the past as well as their importance to things running smoothly. Then I assign duties based on the individual strengths of my staff. I try to be as fair as possible, dividing the less desirable jobs evenly and rotating people mid-shift.

    I really try to base my management style on my experiences with past managers. I remember vividly things that I hated, and things that I really liked. Humility and fairness are big ones (Fe). I hated having undesirable tasks passed off to me because I was an inferior, so I make sure I still do things like dishes and taking out the trash. I also put a lot of emphasis on teaching and try to answer questions, even stupid ones, as thoroughly and gently as possible. Ultimately I would rather be bothered with simple questions than have my staff do their job's incorrectly.

    It seems to be working pretty well, my bosses have said I teach more effectively than other manager. And I have a good relationship with all my staff members.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  10. #2090
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    Do you get up in the morning feeling happy?

    Noticed this is ESTJs.
    .

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [ISFJ] How to ask an ISFJ out?
    By Grungemouse in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] How do you spot an ESTJ female?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts