Page 204 of 259 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Odi et Amo View Post
    My younger brother is a 1w2 sx ESTJ and has a sardonic, deadpan sarcasm (and I mean DEADPAN) that people cannot seem to detect. He is incredibly bright and can just crucify people without their knowing it. Do you ever have issues with humor that people can't pick up on?
    Actually, yes. I've been lucky (or something) in that I don't have to communicate with really dense people most of the time, but when I was a kid, I'd make a lot of spontaneous funny comments -- usually short, tangential observations on the way to another point -- that other kids just didn't get. I remember giving a presentation in a math class, and a kid leaning over to another kid and going "Is she serious?"

I still run into those situations, and when I do, I just stop joking. I don't do what your brother does, re: seizing the opportunity to get away with brutal sarcasm.

Re: general deadpan and sarcasm with dense people... Here's a relatively recent example, from when I wore a jackalope sweater to work:
    Coworker: "Are jackalopes real?"
    Me (deadpan): "Yes. They frolick in the deserts at night, and only breed during thunderstorms."
    Coworker (amazed): "Really??"
    Me (dropping the deadpan expression): "No!"

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

To here knows when... Array Odi et Amo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Actually, yes. I've been lucky (or something) in that I don't have to communicate with really dense people most of the time, but when I was a kid, I'd make a lot of spontaneous funny comments -- usually short, tangential observations on the way to another point -- that other kids just didn't get. I remember giving a presentation in a math class, and a kid leaning over to another kid and going "Is she serious?"

I still run into those situations, and when I do, I just stop joking. I don't do what your brother does, re: seizing the opportunity to get away with brutal sarcasm.

Re: general deadpan and sarcasm with dense people... Here's a relatively recent example, from when I wore a jackalope sweater to work:
    Me (deadpan): "Yes. They frolick in the deserts at night, and only breed during thunderstorms."
    I can envisage Owen saying the same thing, to the word...he's 14 so he hasn't had very much Fi moderation (read: none) but a blossoming Ne (it's all Si when he needs to and Ne when he wants to) so he frequently will just smile and walk away, which has lead to some nasty fights...I've always been good at reading it, and my ENFP father loves it, but it drives his and my friends up the wall and just bemuses my ESTJ mother.
    Solitude
    Comes just as it goes
    Goes as just its umbra
    Comes

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
    ― Albert Camus

4w5/5w4/1w2, Neutral Good, RlxAI

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Thanks guys

I think the person in my work life turns out to be an ESTP, but a very very opinionated (grouchy, not nice) one? She walks about in a dishevelled way and is easily distracted, which to me is so not ESTJ. TJ's seem pretty put together to me, and I would think they would be linear thinkers. I just wanted to know how to conquer her (she is a very difficult client).

I think an ESTJ would be easier and more straightforward! No offense to ESTPs!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

That reminds me of one of the times I was whitewater rafting on the south fork of the American River. I think this particular trip was 2006.

Anyway, we were going from SR 193 down to Salmon Falls Road. Between those two points is Coloma, which is where James Marshall discovered gold in 1848 and started the gold rush. Every so often we would pass gold drudging contraptions (I have no idea what the technical term is) that some of the locals putter around with as a hobby. One of the guys in my boat asked what they were. Our guide (apparently channeling Calvin's dad) explained with a straight face that they were fish counters and that the Department of Fish and Game used them to take a census of the fish population.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

just signing on to say that i thought you were a dude this whole time.

that is not a question but i felt compelled to mention it.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@SD45T-2

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    Thanks guys

I think the person in my work life turns out to be an ESTP, but a very very opinionated (grouchy, not nice) one? She walks about in a dishevelled way and is easily distracted, which to me is so not ESTJ. TJ's seem pretty put together to me, and I would think they would be linear thinkers. I just wanted to know how to conquer her (she is a very difficult client).

I think an ESTJ would be easier and more straightforward! No offense to ESTPs!
    That makes sense. The Ne can give ESTJs a bit of a scatterbrained quality sometimes, but we're not as likely to be defined by that... if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    just signing on to say that i thought you were a dude this whole time.

that is not a question but i felt compelled to mention it.
    Huh. I thought people stopped thinking I was a dude when I started using female avatars.

I dunno, what can ya do. People on the Internet are dudes by default, I guess.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Huh. I thought people stopped thinking I was a dude when I started using female avatars.
    i'll bet the people did figure that out, but i have been absent...errrmnn -- i'm new around here!

we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I always assume people look like their avatars... Which makes me question the fact that mine is a puppy.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I always assume people look like their avatars... Which makes me question the fact that mine is a puppy.
    Apologies. Mine was taken early in the morning before my shower.

Senior Member Array

Why is it so hard to take you guys seriously? If you're telling a joke, why do I have such a hard time realizing you're only joking?

And why aren't men allowed to order chicken sandwiches without putting their masculinity in jeopardy? Who ever made up that rule?