INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Yes.

A lot.

They're alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

ACCEPTABLE RESPONSES. YOU MAY NOW PROCEED.

Question 1: If someone (for example your father/mother) would've explained something to you about a situation, would you argue with someone else by using it (father's/mother's explanation) as your own opinion?

Question 2: Would you ask someone to provide practical proof if he provided scientific proof and explained them to you (you GOT them) if you had a different opinion previously?

A few situations for you to unravel.

1. You had an opinion about something and thought that a decision X was right. However your friend/brother/etc. disagreed, so you asked him to provide you with practical proof (even though he has provided you with scientific proof). He calls you up and tells you that he has practical proof. What do you do? Do you immediately solve it over the phone?

2. Assuming the "1." was negative: you listen to his practical proof, say okay, agree with him, you both say bye. Would you be thinking about it for the next half hour and then calling him back up to tell him that you still think that he's wrong? Maybe coming up with an alternate solution of your own (for whatever reason), even though his solution is perfectly good?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Question 1: If someone (for example your father/mother) would've explained something to you about a situation, would you argue with someone else by using it (father's/mother's explanation) as your own opinion?
    If I agreed with it and I trusted them, then yes.

Imagine a person's knowledge as a puzzle. There's a space in the puzzle for X opinion, and there's no data there yet. The person (e.g. father/mother) puts a piece there, and it seems to fit? So why not keep going with the puzzle, adding around that piece, and if it turns out that it doesn't fit that well after all, then you can replace it later. So yeah, if their opinion was the only one I knew of, and it made sense, then I'd adopt it as my own, and I'd then use my own/their opinion in an argument if it ever came up.
    Question 2: Would you ask someone to provide practical proof if he provided scientific proof and explained them to you (you GOT them) if you had a different opinion previously?
    Probably. I'd be skeptical enough that I'd want as much evidence as possible, as difficult to refute as possible. Not just something that would work "in theory".
    1. You had an opinion about something and thought that a decision X was right. However your friend/brother/etc. disagreed, so you asked him to provide you with practical proof (even though he has provided you with scientific proof). He calls you up and tells you that he has practical proof. What do you do? Do you immediately solve it over the phone?
    Oh, absolutely. Why not? Closure is awesome. I love getting things solved.

(although I might check his work afterwards, behind his back.)
    2. Assuming the "1." was negative: you listen to his practical proof, say okay, agree with him, you both say bye. Would you be thinking about it for the next half hour and then calling him back up to tell him that you still think that he's wrong? Maybe coming up with an alternate solution of your own (for whatever reason), even though his solution is perfectly good?
    I don't think I'd tell him I agreed with him, if I didn't. I'd only call him back with an update if new information/a new thought came to me after we'd talked last. It wouldn't have been "Sorry I lied to you, I never agreed, because of this." That's bizarre. It would be "I thought I agreed, but maybe I don't, anymore. What about this?" And that would be a legitimate question, to see how he'd counter that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

@EJCC One more question:

You'd have a solution of your own, both solutions are relatively good and bad - one can hardly be said to be better than the other. Just like mentioned in the previous example. What do you do? Would you keep to your opinion and try to enforce your solution to happen or indirectly do things that would lead to your solution being taken instead of the other? Even though the other solution is just as good, not better not worse.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    @EJCC One more question:

You'd have a solution of your own, both solutions are relatively good and bad - one can hardly be said to be better than the other. Just like mentioned in the previous example. What do you do? Would you keep to your opinion and try to enforce your solution to happen or indirectly do things that would lead to your solution being taken instead of the other? Even though the other solution is just as good, not better not worse.
    It depends on whether or not I had some sort of superficial attachment to my solution, i.e. preferring something about it that doesn't actually matter all that much. Then I might try to convince them. But if they were truly equal solutions in my eyes, then I'd consider further debate on it to be a waste of time and energy and I'd let it slide.

@EJCC Once again, appreciate the answers.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

I was going to look around the thread to see whether this question had been asked already, but then I saw how long it was. Anyway how does your Ne manifest? And when it does do you resemble nfps? And could you give an example of what Te-Ne would look like?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

What's it like being about the rarest type on the forum?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    I was going to look around the thread to see whether this question had been asked already, but then I saw how long it was.
    Yep. Totally justified. I don't even remember 80% of the questions I've answered here, anymore.
    Anyway how does your Ne manifest?
    Random silly jokes. If you see an ESTJ being slightly ridiculous or off-the-wall, it's the Ne.

We're good at taking data and sorting it all into general "trends" or "norms".
    And when it does do you resemble nfps?
    Our Ne is much more subdued and limited than NFP Ne. I would argue that our crazy mental connections can only be made within certain limits; those connections aren't as "random".
    And could you give an example of what Te-Ne would look like?
    Wanting to avoid boring work by doing work that's fun, but not at all a high priority, and justifying it by telling yourself that it's technically still on the to-do list and technically still productive.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    What's it like being about the rarest type on the forum?
    To be honest: Constant judgement. Every time I post anything, I'm either proving someone right, or proving someone wrong. That would bug some people, but I like it, because I'm different enough from the ESTJ stereotype that I know I'm proving more people wrong, than right. My existence here has a purpose, and all that's required for me to fulfill it, is for me to be myself.

How does Ne work for you?