First 86136176184185186187188196236 Last

Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

I will give you an example of my ENTP thought process for you tomorrow. I may even post a video. Also, I don't ever see a problem as "something I can't do anything about". I think that there is a solution to each and every problem. Each time someone says, "Well, there's nothing you can do about it." I just laugh in their face and say, "Oh I'll figure out how to do something about it."

@skylights

Yeah you raise a valid point. In some ways I almost thing it's more about finding the perfect solution to a problem and fully understanding the problem with Ti, rather than actually solving the problem. I know that sounds crazy, but it's just Ti.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Why are ESTJs usually such powerful people in lofty positions of authority? I am jealous, so my contempt for authority will make me an authority!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @skylights

Yeah you raise a valid point. In some ways I almost thing it's more about finding the perfect solution to a problem and fully understanding the problem with Ti, rather than actually solving the problem. I know that sounds crazy, but it's just Ti.
    Nope, totally makes sense. Same exact thing with Fi. It's understanding and the ideal that's most important, because proper implementation can't take place until those things are fully achieved.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Why are ESTJs usually such powerful people in lofty positions of authority? I am jealous, so my contempt for authority will make me an authority!
    It's probably because ESTJs are well suited to rising up the job ladder (for lack of a better phrase). They're cautious unless they know exactly what they have to do (which makes them appear humble), but when they know what to do, they are authoritative and exude such certainty that everyone in the office trusts them. They do their work thoroughly, and they are dedicated to their work. They have an instinctive understanding of hierarchy and therefore are not prone towards overstepping their bounds. And, most importantly, they always go the extra mile to report their concerns to a higher authority, and much of the time it's obvious that they aren't doing it just to get ahead, but are instead doing it because they genuinely care about things getting done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Nip nip nip.

Nip! Nipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnip
    nipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnip
    nipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnip
    nipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnipnip!

How long would you last?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Completely agree. The real world is overrated

Do you know the one about the mathematician who wakes up at night and sees his bedroom is on fire, looks around, sees there is a fire extinguisher in the corner and turns around to sleep some more because the problem has an unambiguous solution?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Like the one about the blind carpenter. Doesn't hit a thing.

edit: oh damn, just realized that joke only works in dutch. In dutch "doesn't hit a thing" means "slaat nergens op" which in turn also means "Doesn't make any sense.".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Re: Ti vs Te...
    A while ago, my husband and I watched this Ted talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/dan..._we_happy.html We also have an ongoing discussion about that. He's convinced I'm making myself miserable by not being contented with what I have. In the words of the talk, I'm not using that artificial happiness thingy (enough). According to him, I'm forgetting to enjoy myself while telling myself "If only I had this, if only I could do that"

But I'm terribly afraid I would miss a chance if I got too used to my situation. I'm afraid that, by being contented, I would not work as hard to make things better.
    I'm happy if I can improve the world, even by a little bit. So I'm constantly, like The Great One describes, evaluating all things and see if I can improve anything - be it the next meal, be it my working routine, be it my teaching. I'm constantly finding things to improve. And that doesn't make me unhappy. What makes me unhappy is the fact that I have to spend nearly all my time and energy maintaining the status quo. So I'm struggling the whole day to get the house, the yard, the school work ready... and then I'm exhausted and I didn't even make some pancakes to improve the day. I'm not happy with any status quo - even if the status quo would have me as a novel writer as famous and rich as J.K. Rowling. Then my next book will need to be better yet.

Husband - and I guess more Te/Si users - are happy if they did well, are happy to spend the evening relaxing, they make their decisions and don't look back, confident that they have made the best one, or at least, that trying to change it now will be more trouble than it is worth. So it's useless to look back. I do that all the time, telling myself to do better next time.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Completely agree. The real world is overrated

Do you know the one about the mathematician who wakes up at night and sees his bedroom is on fire, looks around, sees there is a fire extinguisher in the corner and turns around to sleep some more because the problem has an unambiguous solution?
    I heard a joke like that, but there was more to it. I think it was an engineer, a mathematician, and a physicist, or something like that. The punchline still boiled down the the mathematician being satisfied with knowing that he figured out the solution and not bothering to actually do anything with it.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I heard a joke like that, but there was more to it. I think it was an engineer, a mathematician, and a physicist, or something like that. The punchline still boiled down the the mathematician being satisfied with knowing that he figured out the solution and not bothering to actually do anything with it.
    Oh, there are hundreds of those (do you know the one where they lock an engineer,a physicist and a mathematician (a topologist) into a room with a can of food and no can opener?)

And there are many about Ti nitpicking as well:

An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician are riding on a train through Scotland. Suddenly they see a black sheep throuh the window
    Enineer: Oh, so Scottish sheep are black! Cool!
    Physicist: No, actually, we only know that there is at least one black sheep in Scotland!
    Mathematician: Well, actually, we only know that there is at least one sheep that is black on at least one side!

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari